Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alienworld

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2023
I started with computing back in the early 80's with a Sinclair spectrum 16k, loved it, progressed through the various iterations of 286, 386, 486 etc with Windoze until early 2002, bought a Mac mini for my wife to learn as the school where she worked had Mac's. Converted in 2004 to a Mac, and have been self supportive ever since, however, now things appear to be more complex than in those heady days of the 80's, so occasionally need your help.

I have recently started using Windows 11, just to check out the competition, better than before, but I strongly prefer a Mac.

Reactions: Expos of 1969

deanobeano123

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2023
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Hi

Visited this site many time over the past and im now looking to upgrade my old 2011 21" imac.

Deano

CarnelianClout

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2023
Am new here. Wanting to get involved in the Apple Community after switching from Windows to MacOS earlier in the year.

jmat46

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2023
Hello friends, I have been an apple product owner for about 14 years. Looking for information, I have found this great community.

NewbieHereToLearn

macrumors newbie
Hey there! I am brand new here; I estimate less than one hour since my arrival. My posts will probably be primarily questions. As a new user of Apple products, I cannot imagine having any useful insight to share. I am ready to offer encouragement though! I am still finding new things my gadget does! Like tapping near the top of the screen for a quick trip back to the top of a page. I just found the 3/4 square with upward pointing arrow in my top right corner and THIS is where the button for placing something on my home screen has been hiding;) Don’t laugh, but this is my progress to date and I have had my pretty red iphone SE 2nd Generation for more than two years….okay, Laugh Now…Bawawa. I am here to learn from shared wisdom as I do not expect to ever return to android products. Northern California Loves Apple💜

arkoinad

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2023
Hello,

Have been an evangelist for apple products in my inner circle but always some how never owned iphone up until iphone 13 pro and now iphone 14 pro. Since the time i bought it have been t going deep into the apple ecosystem iWatch, ipad mini , airpods pro and looking to purchase macbook air(still trying to decide between air and pro).
Just love the ecosystem and icloud keeping all the devices in sync.

Reactions: got.gireringar

got.gireringar

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2023
Hello,

Have been an evangelist for apple products in my inner circle but always some how never owned iphone up until iphone 13 pro and now iphone 14 pro. Since the time i bought it have been t going deep into the apple ecosystem iWatch, ipad mini , airpods pro and looking to purchase macbook air(still trying to decide between air and pro).
Just love the ecosystem and icloud keeping all the devices in sync.
Isn't it sweet!

capriciousconor

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2023
Hi everyone

I'm a forum newbie. I've been reading the main site for as long as I've been using Apple products. Registered mainly so I can ask the Apple experts for help occasionally when I get stuck on a problem. :D

Happy to be here.

Conor.

blitzcoder

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm Ron from BlitzCoder.org.

It's the new home for BlitzBasic and Blitz3D game creation tools with Mac versions.

cosmicpracticaljoke

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2023
Australia
Hey

Made the switch to MacOS about 14 years ago. It was when windows 10 I think came out.

I found the MacBook was more intuitive than the redesign windows OS.

For the most part I only ever did basic functions with any of my devices, however I’ve recently, since purchasing HomePods for my TV seen the benefits of things like shortcuts and automations and have generally been utilising the ecosystem more efficiently which has been great as many moons ago I really enjoyed computers.

The time I spent with a foot out of the digital landscape has meant I’ve missed a few precursors to current apps and technologies. I’ve found that this had lead to some vast gaps in my knowledge and understanding and extra learning is required on my part for new apps etc as the evolutionary processes of knowledge from previous versions I do not have.

Where I’m finding the most drive at the moment is finding ways and trying to build Shortcuts that make life a little bit easier for those struggling with Mental Health issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.