Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ethanbailey7878

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2023
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Hello,
My name is Ethan Bailey. I’ve actually used this before, only I decided to start using an account today. Never used, and will never use, a Samsung. That’s basically it.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Hello,
My name is Ethan Bailey. I’ve actually used this before, only I decided to start using an account today. Never used, and will never use, a Samsung. That’s basically it.
There is a good chance you've used stuff that had Samsung in it.... probably better not to be hard about what company you will and will not use since you'll end up using them without knowing it.

But HEY, welcome to the pack...

Reactions: decafjava

queensdee223

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2023
NYC
Hi, all. I'm Becca. I've been an Apple hardware user since my Apple //e. I'm actually slowly moving away from Apple for my main computing solutions, but I still have some Apple hardware that still has more to offer me. See you all around the forums!

Reactions: tunastink

tragicwinding

Suspended
May 23, 2023
Hi! I'm also new here. Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to this fantastic Apple forum.
I'm Alex and I hope to be useful to the forum!
My main hobby is photography.
Cheers!

Reactions: queensdee223

Minecatt48

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2022
This is the 1st time I have ever created an account and I have been here for around 2 years. I'm your basic Apple and Google (mainly Nest) fanatic. I have dev betas for Apple and keep up to the min updates. I hope to make some friends and talk to people who talk about things I like :)

geg81

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2023
Italy
Hello everyone, just added a emac to my vintage computer stuff so I thought it might be useful to register and ask a few questions.

KaiFiMacFan

Suspended
Apr 28, 2023
Brooklyn, NY
I guess I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kai. I'm a regular on several audio forums (usually under the name "KaiFi", hence the play on "hi-fi"). I wanted that user name here too, but it was already taken. :p

I'm into audio, headphones, vinyl, books, and Apple products (which I've been using since I was a little kid). As a frequent commenter on 9to5mac and reader of Apple-related rumors, I figured it was time to join this site.

Macaphile

macrumors newbie
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Having retired from a 15 year stint with Apple as a 'Genius' and 'Senior Applecare Advisor' I can ethically now actually entertain having an actual account on 'MacRumors'. I no longer have access to the 'inner sanctum' of Apple (not that I ever had that much access to begin with :)). Yet, I still have the greatest respect and admiration for probably the greatest and most progressive companies on the planet.

Zane Black

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2023
Hello, I've been a mac user since 2001 (Bondi blue G3 imac), and have owned half-a-dozen since then. I was planning to get one of the new colored M1 imacs when they were introduced, but the Apple refurb store convinced me otherwise, so I currently use (besides my 2017 macbook pro) a 2019 27" imac, which is still decidedly powerful for all my video editing and gaming needs (I still use BootCamp to play Windows games...less and less often). I am also a lifelong coder since my first TI-994A in 1981.

I signed up here because my previous mac community forums at MacStack.net, (a) successor of MacAddict forums, vanished without a trace one night, and I need a new source of Apple info to stay on top of the latest developments and OS upgrades and tweaks. I'm still using Catalina because I don't have any good advice on whether its worth the effort to upgrade the Intel macs. I used to go by the handle metacell which was my Unreal Tournament avatar as well. Those were the days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark.g4

kjlanglois

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2023
Hello - just registered today. I have a new 2023 MBP M2 Max. I'm going to keep it a long time and use it for image processing of digital astrophotography. This is my new retirement hobby that I'm starting before I retire - LOL.

We are long-time mac users, but this is the first mac bought new from Apple.

c0mpl3x

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2023
Sweden
Hi hello!

I started using Macs back in 1987 and always favored them in front of other machines but with time I was forced to work and operate in a more Windows-dominated arena. I used to have a forum that I read and kept up with somewhat regarding Apple-related news but it closed, so now I am here.

My last Mac was a maxed out MacBook Air from mid 2012. It got me through university studies and a lot of good times but it has since past away and is now decommissioned.

I will get back to having a Mac (probably a MBA again) in time and while I gather the money for one I am hoping for a lot of nice discussions here to bring me up to speed.

DCBassman

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2021
West Devon, UK
Greetings,
I'm not that new here, having spent some time with a Mac Pro 2,1 last year (or was it the year before?).
Anyhoo, became a bit more of a regular visitor after picking up a late2009 Core 2 Duo 27" iMac for £60, then just a few weeks later, a Mac Pro 3,1for £20!
So for someone who's a lifelong Windows user, as well as a happy user of Samsung phones, I'm a bit Mac'd out at the moment!
70 years old, located in West Devon, SW UK.

3 Little Birds

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2023
Hello. New but not really new. Have not been active here in a couple years and just traded in a '19 MacBook Pro for the new M2 15" Air.

willhunt

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2023
Hello. Total newb here. My late 2015 27" Retina iMac has started to slow down and getting a little wonky. Took it into the Apple store and they kindly opened it up, cleaned it out, and told me the logic board had failed testing. A $600 fix, so I decided to go with a new Mac Studio and a Studio Display. Sure wish I could have used this iMac as a monitor, as the display is perfect. Ton's of great info here, and look forward to being part of the community.

usmanity

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2023
I'm new around here, I am so excited to start commenting on articles here. I use a mac and iPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.