Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yogster

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2023
Newly registered on the forum, been lurking Macrumors for years already…
Started with iPhones in 2011, been expanding my Appleverse at home since then.

Reactions: decafjava

Ryanappleateorange

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2023
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
My names Ryan and I’m new

SpanishAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2023
Badajoz
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

arn
Hi there MacRumors moderators and community!
I am, as my nickname suggests, a very nerdy Apple fan coming from Spain. Almost two years ago I discovered MacRumors when looking for some information on which iPad to buy and here I am now, almost two years later, a fully fledged Apple ecosystem at my fingertips and visiting MacRumors every day. After almost two years reading the banter in the comments of the posts, I decided it was time for me to join in the fun...

SpanishAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2023
Badajoz
Well i suppose I will fall into the lurker category, sounds kind of suspicious I know ;) I've been dropping in on MacRumours for over a year now but only recently registered as I'd never felt the need to throw in my two pennies worth before :D

I've been using Macs for the last 7 years, so Im not a switcher either, just gotta love-em though dont yah! :cool:

Speak to you all in the forums soon!
2002?
You still here?

Jermicidal138

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2023

Discuss away...

arn
Hi!, Im Jeremy
50yr. old artist weirdo happily living the art life! Visual art of all kinds, a 20 yr tattoo artist painter sculpter in love with my ipad pro and apple pencil and procreate! it changed so much of my workflow in an awesome way! Longtime photoshop enthusiast for work and for fun. covid slowed my tattooing down and I dove headfirst into one of my lifelong loves..MOVIES! Been a fantasy /sci-fi &horror nerd since I could form sentences (prolly sooner) I do practical make up and prosthetics for fun since my preteen yrs, now I work seasonal for Haunts and occasional movies or various productions as well as for fun. I began 3D printing early into covid to feed my obsession for prop making and costuming as well as cosplay armour and weapons making and between my lifelong tinkering tendencies with sculpting and woodworking I found 3D printing and foam building to be super fun! And that just fueled my interests in photography and video. Ive also been an atively performing musician since my late teens so its all just been leading me to this kitschy B-Movie fanaticism thats now my podcasting and photo/video niche. Im not a complete newb but definitely looking to learn and better utilize my tech tools and I inadvertantly just grew into a mac user from it being what was offered to me years ago. when deciding to take it more seriously I knew it was time to upgrade, or atleast replace my old iMac. But in a short amount of hindsight later Im wondering if the mac mini studio would have been the wiser choice? I did get the fingerprint multiple usb-c port spec'd out model but I found out fast that I need to better understand my mac and so here I am first time in a forum/format like this. throwing my weird old self to the mercy of the likely to be far more educated than myself, but just he little bit that Ive dippedmmy toe in the water.. Ive enjoyed and been impressed with what look to be a great community of creatives and tech savvy people from all ends of the spectrum and Im excited to learn and find my way into new and awesome options for my projects! oh yeah and Im a game nerd too obsessed with my projectors for movies gaming and photo/video creation! & now that RGB LED's are so good and accessible Im lighting and light painting obsessed too! if actually read this whole giant run on sentance of obvious nerdisms... thank you for your time and please share your thoughts on anything that sparks a thought or a critique! and Im sure its well nown but Im a fan of the statement a critique requires a suggestion of a solution or similar thought or its just a criticism. I can take those too though!

FactChiquito

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2024
Hi everyone! Been using Windows 10 on my MBP 15' mid15 for years, because my work software is PC only. But I love using it on a MBP, such a nice machine! 2 swollen batteries though, bad cleaning which damaged the keyboard connector (by a pro!), and now GPU failure it seems. Heeeeeeelllllpppppp! I don't want to go back to a Hpasusnovo laptop! :)

Reactions: The Clark

gabrielweir

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2024
I absolutely LOVE Apple products! Problem is, I don't really have the budget for them... 😅

I am just now posting here because I entered the giveaway for an M2 MacBook Air. I decided to create an account because why not? Now I can contribute to these conversations - who knows? Maybe I will know something someone else doesn't and help them learn something about Apple! :)

turble

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2024
👋

Happy this forum is [still] here. This and Macintouch and Tidbits and oh my, this legacy of we Mac users supporting each other over the past however-many decades.

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Im a fan of the statement a critique requires a suggestion of a solution or similar thought or its just a criticism. I can take those too though!

Welcome to the Forum!

I was entirely able to read and process your (enthusiastic) introductory statement; however, may I suggest:

Conscious line-breaks (/n), ¶-break, or ellipses?

MR is not--to my understanding--populated with dim-wits. Nevertheless, large blocks of text can be confusing to just-about anyone, as teh lots-of-thoughts-in-a-serial-run-on-sentence-that-may-eventually-produce-a-headache type of prose does not naturally, textually allow the viewer to lock intent to cogency.

Rest-easy, Brother: one does not need to state everything-all-at-once to have one's Voice heard ;)

Enjoy your repartee.

Françouze

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2024
Bordeaux (France)
Hello everyone. I am French (from Bordeaux; where we make a lot of wine!). In advance sorry for my level in English (like a lot of French but worse). I do with an automatic translator (not very reliable). I love Macs / I hate apple. I love Macs and I hate apple. Mac user for over 25 years but for 10 years I have stopped buying Macs. Now I only have a MacBookPro and an imac 27', both from mid-2010. I have some upgrade ambitions for the Imac but I’m looking for information/ help. In advance a big thank you to all this community!

Reactions: Weaselboy

TranslucentMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2024
Hello. I have a 16 inch MacBook Pro and 13 inch MacBook Air, both use the m2 chip. Also working on saving enough money for a 14 inch MB Pro but that's a ways away yet. I like learning about all the stuff u can do on a Mac.

I recently purchased the Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse since the 16 inch Pro is usually just hooked up to my monitor display anyway. I love the set up.

I also very much enjoy designing video games using RPG Maker. I'm making my own 40-hour RPG and it's a lot of fun. =D

CClarkK

Suspended
Jan 18, 2024
I've been lurking this forum for several weeks , and it has always been helpful. Happy to be "official" now. Thanks to all the contributors! wish you all the best!🙂

Reactions: rm5

Dannyboy23

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2024
Watford

Discuss away...

arn
Hi everyone it’s great to join like-minded Apple geeks. I’m a therapist and use my MBP to build audio visual hypnotherapy resources. Looking forward to meeting on a forum soon. BW Steve

Reactions: rm5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.