Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterdebe

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2018
Hi, I am the happy one to try to solve problems on a series of mac's used in our family and business. Most of the time that is not dat difficult there the Mac is an fairly easy platform. Sometimes I pluck my hears on things I never heard about and need to read up or ask for help. That is why I am here. Lots of times you all are "very good" in giving hints that are understandable and work. :D

Great forum.
peter

Reactions: montycat

ShizPadoo

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2018
Greetings!

I'm an Apple convert and I keep an eye on Mac Rumors daily. I started buying Apple devices with a 60GB iPod Classic years ago and then got an iPad and a 4th gen iPod Touch, but I sold them and tried Android for a few years. I also use Windows PCs for recording TV, gaming and general use. Having used each platform, I've returned to Apple products and currently own iPhone 8, a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9, an Apple TV 4K and AirPods.

I registered on the forums with the intention of joining the discussion on new Macs, because I definitely want to get a Mac for daily use.

Reactions: montycat

kasuja00

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2018
Italy
Hi!
I'm new in this Forum. I'm an italian Apple User since 2003. I started buying Apple with a great Powermac G5 dual. I love it!
I follow daily your Macrumors home page and the Forum. They are very interesting!

macdsgner

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2018
Hi guys , macbook air user from 2011 - 2014 ( till my mac died ). I was a member here before until I made my new pc. My dream was to become a digital nomad but unfortunately the air can't handle all the editing horsepower needed.

So flash forward 2018 , wanted a new laptop and the macbook pro 15 inch was just right for me.

Heine

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2018
Hi, I'm David. I felt in love with :apple: since my parents bought their first G3. So I grew up with it.

I hope purchase my own MBKP soon for my studies, but idk if I should wait or no..

Peace ✌️

m5comp

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2018
NW Alabama, USA
Hi, I'm new here. I am a long-time Mac user, although I did spend several years in the Windows wilderness. My current Mac is a 2017 MacBook my best friend bought for me.

GST210

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2018
Hi, I am new to forums and I am sure to make mistakes when creating a new post/forum/thread. I am mainly a IOS Devices user and have registered to seek solutions to device and apps usage where I may need help. I hope this is an appropriate platform for this. I tried YouTube to see if there were tutorials or presentations on how to create and submit new posts and threads in Macrumors but to no avail.

desktop

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2018
Michigan
I recently purchased an iPad Pro (the BIG one) and started acclimating myself to the Apple environment. This thing is a beast and I soon found myself loving it, even more than my computer. Just the other day I finally said goodbye to my Android phone (Note 5) and got myself a spiffy new iPhone 8+. This thing is equally awesome.

Problem is there's a big learning curve so I searched for some Apple forums where I can ask questions and learn from other users. I've always been a tech junkie and now I'm starting to get into taking photos and videos and learning how to edit this stuff on the iPad Pro. I'm sure the Apple Pencil will need to be purchased at some point. I'm already considering the AirPods for my iPhone. Can't have enough gadgets.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. (waves)

Reactions: FFR

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I recently purchased an iPad Pro (the BIG one) and started acclimating myself to the Apple environment. This thing is a beast and I soon found myself loving it, even more than my computer. Just the other day I finally said goodbye to my Android phone (Note 5) and got myself a spiffy new iPhone 8+. This thing is equally awesome.

Problem is there's a big learning curve so I searched for some Apple forums where I can ask questions and learn from other users. I've always been a tech junkie and now I'm starting to get into taking photos and videos and learning how to edit this stuff on the iPad Pro. I'm sure the Apple Pencil will need to be purchased at some point. I'm already considering the AirPods for my iPhone. Can't have enough gadgets.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. (waves)

Welcome to the forums, and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

The reason I joined - a decade ago - was because I had switched to Apple computers, (having had an iPod for a few years by then) and I had a few questions I wanted to ask.

RichHI

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2018
Princeville, HI
Well joined today. Been watching for a few months. Migrated to Apple about 8 years ago, iPhones (Currently an X and a 5s which I want to upgrade to an X Plus, iPad Mini 4 which I am waiting for new iPad Pro to upgrade and my favorite MacBook Air. 3½ years old and love it. I spec'ed it up to maximum but was very worth it. I am not technical so I do not want to comment on technical issues. My background is Marketing and I am dismayed there are rumors is moving away from its brand core values by making the MacBook Air cheap and cheerful like a Samsung. In my view the Basic MacBook could fill that space but the MacBook Air is more about style, where the Pro is power and the basic MacBook is price. No rush to upgrade my Air but I am hoping to see Thinner, lighter, Apple Processor, OLED Retina Display (Iphone X is great). More style, more battery life, lighter and easier to make part of everything you do. Prepared to be disappointed though. The last thing Apple want to do is use cheaper and cheaper components and more and more hardware failures with keyboards, cables, connectors, screens etc just to make it cheap. That is what windows is for, Mac has always been about value not price.

Tsuchan21

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2018
Hey I'm new here although I had been here for while without registering myself until today. I have several products which that are MacBook Pro Early 2015, iPhone 8, 1 generation of iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. :)

LaVitaEBella

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2018
Canada
Hey there, my name is Belle and I've been an iPhone and iPod user since 2012. I am currently using a 6s plus and is planning to switch to iPhone X next month. It will be a gift for myself as I turned 25 years old.

Coloratura

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2018
United States
Hello, I am Coloratura, and your land seems foreign, your ways strange. Seriously, though, I started out on an Apple II, which was our elementary school's *only* computer. I dabbled with Macs over the years, but was otherwise a Windows user, until this year, when I bought a nice little early 2009 iMac desktop. I am currently unlearning Windows as it seems to impede the simplicity of the Mac. Things to which a Mac user would say "that's obvious!" all I can reply is "but it's not supposed to work that way!" as I sink to the floor, fistfuls of hair wrenched from my head in fits of anguish as I gaze into the abyss and bemoan the meaninglessness of existence.

So, you know, therapy continues.

Anyway, nice to be here, and I am really loving this Mac! I got it for writing, but I've ended up tinkering around with a lot of other things as well. Hopefully I will become a power user, because that's what I was with Windows, and wanting to understand my OS to its core is something I hope to achieve.

Coloratura

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2018
United States
Hi! I'm Andrew abd I'm a newbie here, just joined in ;) I'm a proud owner of Apple MacBook Pro. But it has to be noted, this forum includes much interesting information not only about Mac, so I'm glad to be a part of this community!
Hi Andrew! As a new Mac owner myself, it’s nice to see you here!

SSCT

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2018
North Vancouver
Hello, I've been a lurker for a very long time. Now and then I wanted to chime in to ask questions but didn't.

With today's MacRumour about the Mac Mini possibly being updated, my interest increased. I'm looking to use one as a dedicated music server running Roon.

Currently using MBP Retina 2012, MB 2009 (yes, it still runs very well), Extreme, Express, iPhone 6S, iPad mini version 1.

Cheers

BananaBomb

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
Hi guys !

I just registered on this forum. I am the owner of an iMac 9,1 that works very well and that run Mac OS High Sierra.
Thanks to @dosdude1 for his patch ;)

ale777

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2018
Hi everyone - been reading for a while but finally I decided to join (now that my MBP 2010 is dead :))

nabru

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2018
Brazil
Hi everyone - new here and joined this forum to do some research before I buy Apple products in the near future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.