Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPearUser

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2018
I have FINALLY embraced the iLife. So I find it fitting that I might have enough experience using Apple products to join these forums.

john202

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2018
Downunder
G'day all of the Mac Community. I have just found this forum and I'm looking forward to find some answers about a Mac laptop GPU problem. I'll gather some info in the meantime.

John

OlJimbo

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2018
Travelling
Howdy. Signed up because folk on GAB recommended this site.

Running a 2016 MacBook Pro 15 inch. Best computer I ever owned. My baby!

Other than this site I’m on reddit voat and gab. I guess I’ll learn how to use this site seems a little different to what I’m used to.

Last edited by a moderator:

psychodalien

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2018
Hi everyone! This forum is one of the most popular sources of information in the macworld. Now having strange problem with my Macbook Retina Mid 2014 - so googling linked me to this forum with some info regarding it.

johnboy992

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2018
yorkshire
Newbie says Hi.

Hi, my name is John ( from Yorkshire U.K. ) Just got my first Apple Computer & am delighted with it so far & decided to join your Forums to help me get to grips with Apple Computing. Thanks for all the info you guys post on the Forums it really is a big help to newbies like myself. Hope to keep in touch through the Forums.

John.

kagigod

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2018
Hi! After being a voyeur for quite some time I finally decide to register and join the community

Jimrhodo

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2018
Scotland
Newbie. Joined for possible feedback on some short films I made. Mainly made for a few friends so if I was to go to a wider audience what changes would I have to make? Look for “Opinion on Canterbury Trolls” if you’re interested. In the digital forum.

windrider42

Contributor
Aug 19, 2018
Alberta
Hey everyone. Been using the forums from time to time, but just registered today. I have a Macbook Pro 2009 with a 3.06 CPU
Had it for many years now. I am not new to computers, tech etc, just new to the forum

Thanks for having me :)

Last edited:

JavaJones

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2018
USA
I've lurked here for ages and have learned so much from MacRumors and its members, thought it was about time I joined

Tanseytoes

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2018
Virginia
Have been a Mac user since '04 and still have my little white plastic laptop in my closet - I miss it. Have a MacbookPro, brand new iMac, iPadPro and phones - yeah, I like Apple. Have used Word for Mac and was on the 2011 version. Just upgraded to 2016 and hate it. Am going to put it to the side and reload my 2011.

Am an editor and the new 2016 is ugly, items changed around "just for kicks" on the tool bars, some no longer exist, extremely difficulty saving .pdf files - nothing over 40mg but my MacPro saves it without blinking. Got tired of using both machines for one project and isolating 2016.
[doublepost=1535119594][/doublepost]
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn

Have been a Mac user since '04 and still have my little white plastic laptop in my closet - I miss it. Have a MacbookPro, brand new iMac, iPadPro and phones - yeah, I like Apple. Have used Word for Mac and was on the 2011 version. Just upgraded to 2016 and hate it. Am going to put it to the side and reload my 2011.

Am an editor and the new 2016 is ugly, items changed around "just for kicks" on the tool bars, some no longer exist, extremely difficulty saving .pdf files - nothing over 40mg but my MacPro saves it without blinking. Got tired of using both machines for one project and isolating 2016.

Hatori360

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2018
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Thanks. I have followed macrumors posts off and on, mostly when I give mac user friends some help, like today, for instance!

JBlover

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2018
Hey Everyone!
I just registered to this forum. I though it's good to say hi to all just before start reading mac rumors. I've heard that mac rumors is supportive community for iOS users. So this is the platform I was searching to get knowledge and share my knowledge with others about iOS. Hope I will have nice time in here!

pagLA18

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2018
Hammond, LA
New to posting but have used MacRumors Forums numerous times. I am a new member because I would like help as I am in the process of investigating the possibilities of constructing a PRAM replacement battery for Legacy G3 laptops such as Lombard, Wallstreet & Pismo.
What issues should be worked around regarding the sale of these new 6v PRAM batteries?
Is there interest beyond my own?
Would an item price of $60 be reasonable?

Robert McNewbie

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2018
Romania
Been here for a while, last year, when I bought my daughter a MacBook. Ever since I want my own. So two days ago I bought my first mac, that is a MBP 13 2018 8/256.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.