Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papadj3

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2018
I am a newbe reading like crazy!!
2009 cMP flashed 4,1 to 5,1 upgraded with as much compatible hardware as I can understand!
Thanks for this forum!!

franckearts

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2018
NC
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
I am new to this type of forum. My husband gives me your articles which apply to what I need to know concerning my new Apple Watch. So, I decided to apply myself. I would like to find out information concerning how to track calories for stretching exercises and aerobic pool exercise. That's it for now. So far, the rest of the watch seems self intuitive although I am learning more as I use it day to day.

avdo

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2018
UK
Hi,

New member here but have browsed the site for years!

After 5 hackintosh setups I have finally settled on a 11,5 MacBook Pro

Feels weird updating stuff without having to fix anything afterwards !!

mrgrtt123

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2018
Canada
Hey, everyone, my name is Meg and I am the latest addition to this community. I have been a fan of Apple products since 2012. See you around!

mrgrtt123

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2018
Canada
I am not aware that an introduction thread is available in this community so pardon me for being such an intruder on some thread. My name is Margarette and I have been a fan of Apple products since 2012. My first ever Apple device is the iPhone 4s and the iPad 2, I got it as a graduation gift from my sister. See you all around!

AdamIce

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2018
Hi guys! You know I always hated the introduction threads because I had no idea what I have to say about me so I will keep it short. I am curious about Apple products so I think that the best way to learn more about them is to join a forum (actually knowledge and experience not theory) So here I am. :D

Saburo

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2018
Hello! Long-time lurker, mostly at the buyers guide. Looking to get my first (yes, FIRST) iPhone after over a decade of iPod Touch models. Since the likelihood of a new Touch is nil, I guess it's time to get on the iPhone bandwagon.

Thing is... I should WAIT for new price reductions? Whaaa...

leonordos

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2018
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

arn
Hi everyone! I'm new to here.

cessrcd

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2018
New MacRumours reg., joined to report failed SSD on 2014 MBA.

SSD was a Toshiba, which seem to have a less than brilliant reputation.

Luciky a member of our department had just upgraded their 2017 MB? and they had their no longer required 256GB Samsung SSD, so all is goo.

Dix_Fix

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2018
Blue Mountains NSW Australia

Discuss away...

arn
Hi I’m a NEWBIE !!
Just wanted to say hi.
Trying to keep abreast of tech in some sort of manner.
Gets harder each year.

teiki arii

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2018
Hello,
My parents bought our first Apple II+ 48Kb (we are five brothers and I have a twin one) in 1980 as far as I remember. I became a computer engineer from 1984 to 1988 and stopped my career to become a medical doctor.
I didn't buy any computer until I flew to Tahiti. When back home, I bought a Power Mac G4 AGP (after Steve Jobs came back to Apple Inc.) that I used from 2000 to 2010 until it died. Then I bought in department store a 50% discount cMP 2009 W3520 that I modded with W3680 CPU (changed for X5675 one month ago), a second-hand GTX680 Mac edition (to RX580 a month ago), RAM 48Gb and SSD PCie.
I am very happy with it to work mostly on photo RAW files.
I bought for our three sons one discount MacBook Air and two discount MacBook Pro on Refurb last year for studies (and so on..)
This Mac Pro should be my last Apple desktop computer...
Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

rexifelis

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2018
Chattanooga TN

Discuss away...

arn

long term computer user/repair guy
just saying hi, how are y'all doing?

rexifelis

commtrd

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2018
Corpus Christi TX
Hi guys. Noob fer sure. Just bot iPP X 11" mainly for aviation apps but also for the other mainstream stuff plus want to get into some digital artwork. Anyone found a good GLASS screen protector for iPP 11? Really don't want this emperor to be running naked. But I am wery sensitive and need my iPP to be just as sensitive... :D;):rolleyes:

filmmaker01

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2018
Austria
Hi all, Apple User since 2009, IT Nerd since Commodore C64/128 :), love all my Apple Machines and Hardware. Owned a few over the years. Thanks for this Forum!

Cheers

TianjinMBP

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2018
Tianjin, China
Hello everyone! I'm an American living in China. I'm a mac user since 2009 when I bought my first MBP and still use it. I'm a Linux diehard from the late 90's and I teach CS at a university in Tianjin, China.

Thanks for having me!

Pntblnk

macrumors member
May 10, 2018
Nashville TN
Hello everyone....looking GM time listener, first time caller...

Been a Mac user since 2008... shifted to the MBA at launch, went through 4 of those before moving up to a loaded MBP w/ retina in 2017 and now a loaded MB for road use. Heavy traveler domestic and abroad and always found the Mac’s to be the better choice for functionality, mobility and reliability.

grimblegrumble

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2018
Hi everyone

I follow you for a while and you have been very useful to restart my "old man", a mac pro 2006 1.1
I must say that I do not know English well and then I read and write helping with an online translator, so I apologize for the basic language.
Now I have some problems to solve and I posted the question, before introducing myself, however ...
I hope I have returned to good standing
Thank you all in advance

sickoagb

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2019
Hello everyone! I've been reading MacRumors for many years now, which led me to being a Mac user since 2015 (13 inch rMBP) after using iPhone for a while.

Flesh Gordon

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2019
bay area
heh, second post...

as a current Performa 6115CD power pc owner, i can say i’ve been a bit of an Apple fan for over 25yrs...i currently use my thumbs to smash the touch screen keyboard of a 1st gen 12” ipad pro to communicate over the interwebs with like minded creatives and, at times, a special brand of ludicrous, lecherous lunatics.

i was informed by one of the online grates that i too should become a member here in order to share my wealth of creative knowledge...little does he know that i intend to devoure, word by word, your intellect and insight...like a vampire of 1’s and 0’s i will byte and bleed you of information that can only create an even larger monster than i have already become.

muuuwwaaaaahahahahahahaha!

here to learn and share where i can, its my intent to inform, to be informed and ultimatley entertian you with my posts along the way...and please, do not take offense, i refuse to use capitilization as it requires extra motions for these tired arthritic appendages.

this being my second post, its probably a good time to wish you well and for me to run along and read the rules whilst i get aquatinted with the features of this fine site.

alas, i leave you a scant taste of my creative juice which you may now associate with my jolly moniker:

7787F528-9DE6-4AF5-8A2A-83D2A1221C66.jpeg

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
Thanks!

Been using Macs since they came out. Went from using Aldus PaheMaker to MacroMedia VideoWorks to CosA AfterEffects, to Omnis to Strata 3D, and a gazillion other applications. I also remember when to Jasmine Direct Drive 20 and the the Viking 2-page display were the cutting edge! Now I spend all my time in FileMaker running a database for a small business.

Just wanted to participate in a Mac web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.