Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tayloranna751

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2018
Hey everyone,
I am a newbie to this community. But I observed old post for the last two weeks. I am very curious to know about what is coming in the mac world. So I joined this community and look.. "here i am!"

Attachments

• 16230034_1708150469227115_1707852887230513152_n.jpg
    16230034_1708150469227115_1707852887230513152_n.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 159

Donald88

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2018
Scotland
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Hi

Donald88

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2018
Scotland
Been using Macs since 1987. Am contemplating getting the new Apple Watch, mainly for my wife and I to communicate on the farm where we live. But struggle to find serious reviews of this function.

AlexJRC

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
UK
Been using Macs since 1987. Am contemplating getting the new Apple Watch, mainly for my wife and I to communicate on the farm where we live. But struggle to find serious reviews of this function.
Nice idea. Been struggling to see the point of walkie talkie feature but this could work. No experience of the watch myself.

Donald88

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2018
Scotland
I have a larger old iPhone, went large as I do a lot of photography. But hate carrying it around. The watch could serve us well, and easier / faster than texting. I like the fact that you don't need to be near your phone for the walkie-talkie aspect to work.

Reactions: AlexJRC

Donald88

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2018
Scotland
So here is something I am struggling to learn about the watch: how will the walkie talkie function be affected, if I were to buy the GPS only version? Or do I need to get the GPS + Cellular to have optimum use of the walkie-talkie? The info that is out there doesn't make this clear at all.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So here is something I am struggling to learn about the watch: how will the walkie talkie function be affected, if I were to buy the GPS only version? Or do I need to get the GPS + Cellular to have optimum use of the walkie-talkie? The info that is out there doesn't make this clear at all.
https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/apple-watch.172/ is a good place for something like that.

Reactions: Weaselboy

TheHorsesMouth

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2018
Hey everyone, I have been wanting to do this for a while so I figured I would put it out there to see what kind of interest it may generate. I am actually an AppleCare Senior chat advisor and I feel like there are a lot of misconceptions out there when it comes to chatting in to AppleCare Support, and I feel like it is info that everyone has a right to know. The biggest being that I am not an employee of Apple, in fact I am not even allowed to admit that the work I do is for Apple. I get many angry Customers that rant about Apple and in most cases I have their back 100%, as I honestly have never been a huge fan of Apple, but I have to be careful what I say in those situations because I need to keep my job as I am a regular person that has bills to pay too. Just curious if anyone would even be interested about insight from my side of the fence. Thanks!

Enthuser

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2018
Uk
Hi, not been a Mac user for long, but since I have, I have used MacRumors as a valuable learning resource. Joined as it only seems right if I use your resources but now have a problem and posted it today. Let’s hope I get the response I need as I see many others have.

philrubio

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2018
San Francisco, CA
Yo! Not a Mac newbie but just registered. Was an Apple evangelist, now a spectator. Currently tapping keys on an Early 2015 MBP 13" (maxed out). Got the first iPhone when it came out. Switched to Galaxy for a better experience. Looking forward to purchasing Microsoft's latest Surface Pro, because apple still doesn't have touch screens on their laptops (wtf apple).

Reactions: Gutwrench

fireheadman

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2018
hello forum.... always a looker, now I'm a talker (poster/contributor).
hoping to get some insight and assistance in troubleshooting my cMP and maybe tweak it some more.

pretty well versed with mac products, own almost everything... including some hackintoshs.
I'm a linux engineer by trade.

Reactions: Gutwrench

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
Hello all! I just joined recently the forum. I am definitely iOS and as a whole Apple newbie as the only Apple device I own is 2018 iPad (6th gen). The forum is a useful place to check if some others face the issues I do with this device. I am new to the iOS experience as well so I found quite helpful information here when it comes to the gestures and the OS as a whole.

Areksu

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2018
Hi Folks,
Work on Macs since 2003 (G5), used to be quite experienced with FCP4-7, but since its been replaced by FCPX I'm sadder, sadder and wiser, but mostly sadder...
Now Macbook Pro 2017 13', iPhone 7, iPad 2nd gen.
Nice to meet you!

Georgia Silver

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have been reading mac rumors for years but never really joined the community.

I love apple products and finding out what is coming next (a family member even worked for the marketing company for apple and i was telling them what was coming out and when before they were allowed to tell me or even knew themselves)

I look forward to joining the community!!

Georgia xx

p.s if anyone has any apple stickers going i have a collection (would specifically love a black one)

mjpvdh

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2018
Hi iam new in this forum. I hope to find and share some Samsung Gear S3 watchfaces.

truck lagbe

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2018
I am a new member here. I joined from Asian region. I'm interested to follow technological development in Asian region. Hope to find exciting topics here!

D3PO

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2018
Australia
Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading through the news and forums of this site for a couple of years now, so I figured it was about time to join.

bassist42

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2018
USA
Hello

new member here. Have owned apple products for about 12 - 14 years now.
I generally find their products of better quality but its frustrating that the company is joining the planned obsolescence trend that other electronics mfg endorse.

In my mind this lessens the value, IE if the MAC product is not more durable due simply due to planned obsolescence then why pay the premium?

This is something I consider as I weigh my options when evaluating replacment of my 2011 27" iMAC. I like the computer, its fast enough to suit my needs. Alas, now I grapple with teething issues of not being able to read external optical media, hence my login / signup today.

Have a happy

DDWA

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2018
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Hi - another Newbie - that's it for now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.