Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TomFromAndroid

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2019
Hello, all!

I just stumbled into this forum while web searching for info on my new iPhone, and I'm glad to have arrived here. As my user name suggests, I was a former long-time Android and PC person who is new to the world of Apple. I impulse-bought an iPad mini 4 a year ago and liked it well enough that I've recently switched my mobile phone to an iPhone SE. Maybe at some point my Dell desktop PC will give way to an iMac.

There are some things I love about my new iDevices and some things that frustrate me. So, after lurking a bit and reading up, I will probably be hitting you up with questions!

Reactions: Ryan0303

Ryan0303

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2019
Tampa
Android jumper here, 15 years worth of android and in my infancy here. First off, here to learn anything and everything about XS Max. Truly is a steep learning curve. Secondly, while searching for info on iPhone, every search engine opened with Macrumors to answer my queries. Final reason to join this knowledgeable group was reading reviews for a screen protector and many posters referenced macrumors. Trolled and signed up. Throw any XS Max help my way, please!

alloja

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2019
Belgium
Hi everyone!

I'm alloja from Belgium! I just finished my studies in journalism. Huge fan of medias and hi-tech: there are my favorite topics. And I'm a reader of MacRumors for a few years of course! :-D

My setup is composed by a 2018 MacBook Pro 13", an iPhone 8 Plus, an iPad Pro 10.5", an Apple Watch Series 4 and an Apple TV 4K. I also have an old Nexus 7 2013 when I have to test something on Android.

Sorry if I made mistakes in my presentation… English isn't my mother tongue, but I'll try to do my best. :)

Reactions: Weaselboy

fetnat

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have just joined MacRumors with the hope to be able to ask for support, provide some if I can and get access to latest news. I switched to Apple computers when the firm introduced an intel compatible MacBook.
Best regards

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn

Congratulations Macrumors, at last i found what i was looking for. Great public forum for all ages and hope my contributions will help others for years to come.

Greetings from Australia :)

Reactions: BigMcGuire and arn

CFromBaden

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2019
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Hi I joined hoping I might get an answer, even if its wrong, to the problem I have with my iPhone X.

Reactions: BigMcGuire and arn

emaytea

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2019
FL
More than anything, I just wanted to see what my Avatar looked like, so I posted here. Brand-new refurbished MacBook Pro, still no photos on it, so I pulled this off my FB Art page. It's a basket I made from a coconut palm frond. Gonna try to find the Mojave desert desktop photo, use that if I can.

Reactions: LizKat

cange30

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2019
Hello everyone...I've been a reader but never joined for some odd reason. Love the articles and tech news concerning what I feel are the best products out there today. I am deep in the Apple eco-system and love it--iPhone, Apple Watch, Apple TV and last year I bought my second MacBook Pro 2018 model with all the works, and I love it! Being an educator (elementary school), and a DJ. I find Apple's tools innovated and easy to implement daily. #AppleRules!

JeffreyVB

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2019
Va Beach, VA
44 yr old with 20+ yrs of IT experience here. Plenty of Windows and Android experience, but just bought my first MacBook. 2015 Retina MacBook in Space Grey. Was looking for a new personal laptop and wanted something thin and with a small form factor. Looking forward to diving into the Mac world and learning something new.

ricardusmd

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2019
Hi everyone! I'm from Havana, Cuba and I'm very excited to join this community. Great threads, looking forward to share some thoughts about everything Apple here.

tunastink

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2019
Hi macrumors, longtime reader here but finally joined so I could chime in on a thread about the greatness of iPhone SE. :)

I’ve been a mac user since 2008; used the Original iPhone before going to Android for a while, switched back to iOS when I picked up the iPhone SE the day it launched.

Unfortunately I think my primary purpose of joining the forum is to rant. I feel like Apple has lost its way in many respects, and this saddens me because of what the company used to symbolize in the tech world. I hope my venting here will be somewhat constructive.

Cheers

Tripvon

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2019
Nashville
I just wanted to say hi to everybody, i’m really excited to be here, looking forward to the work we do together, and how it will impact the world.

scandinavia3

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2019
Hi all! I'm a recent lurker, as I was in the market to upgrade from my iphone 6 and wanted to see what people thought of the new iphones. I'm not very tech savvy in general, but I've been buying Apple products for the last 6 or 7 years. Have MacBook Pro, several iPad Minis, etc. The iPhone 6 was my first iPhone, and I tend to keep things as long as I can -- If it still works, it's good for me. So I've found a lot of really helpful information through this site. When considering the iPhone XR vs. XS, it was even more helpful than all of those YouTube videos I watched. Most people here are much more discerning than I am though. My iPhone XR looks great to me, for example. I'm not worried about all of the Pixels. I tried the XS for a week. Loved it, but I think that it did give me headaches (the PWM issue that I read about). I can't be sure, but I was too worried to keep it. Anyhow, happy to be here. It's nice to hear about all of your experiences.

dlvh

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2019
MI
HI all. I'm a new member here, but have been lurking for some time now. I've had a iPhone 4S until about a week ago, when I got a New To Me iPhone 6S...Really nice shape, but the Battery Health is at 75%, so I'm thinking it will need replacing pretty soon, as it seems to drain pretty quickly with a bit of mild use. Anyhow, I'm happy to be here, and to learn some things that might be posted only on here.

Best to you all,

dlvh

BrettAP98

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2019
Good morning! My names Brett and I'm happy to be here. Long time Apple user and fan. Currently have my iPhone XR Product Red, iPad mini 3, numerous iPods, and Magic Mouse and keyboard. Soon I'll have a Mac Mini (2012) and iPad 6th gen. Have a great day!

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
Welcome!

giphy.gif

Evy-N-T-town

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2019
Jenks
Like the rest, I am a newbie.

I was blessed with the gift of owning my first MacBookPro, in 2009. Unfamiliar with computers, I have been terrified to use it much. I’ve had every iPhone since the iPhone 4, and would never want any other brand. Approaching 50YO, I wish to learn so much more and really understand what the Mac products offer and take full advantage!

I think with my lack of wisdom I will remain just a quiet reader, allowing those all knowing to educate me.

May we all feel enlightened without ever being made to feel foolish.
Thank you!
From Tulsa, Oklahoma!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.