Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
In a similar boat with the iBlason. Too thick but buttons work good.

It sounds like...
Monoprice/Poetic/Photive, and looks like maybe Macally?. Are shallowest, one large bottom opening, but with rubbery unreponsive buttons. (same manufacturer?)

Target/iBlason/other generic w/ metal buttons: Have metal tactile good buttons, and 3 bottom openings. Are thicker but have the better tactile buttons. (same manufacturers?)

Spigen. Thick, responsive buttons, good openings?

The third one, Cellaris. Looks thinner and rubbery edged like Monoprice/Poetic/Photive with large bottom opening. But metal buttons like the Target/iBlason. Maybe it's the golden sample? I dislike there is no black/black. Only clear/black, orange/black, and red/black. Tempting but can't decide. I think clear would get dirty. Not sure I'm big on orange or red.

Have a Photive on order from amazon prime $9. So I'm in $18 now. Want to see for myself. Might can fix button responsive ness with some electrical tape padding.

Next step. Cellairis. Urgh, red or orange. Sigh... #firstworldproblems

I just purchased the red Cellairis, I'll let you know how I like it.

Cellairis case is the one! Bought the red and it is thin, lightweight, and the rubber/TPU whatever its made of is a lot softer than all the other bumpers I've tried. Buttons are metal and work well! The bottom of the case could be a little more snug, but hey, I finally found a thin case so I won't complain.

Last edited:

Menel

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
I just purchased the red Cellairis, I'll let you know how I like it.

Cellairis case is the one! Bought the red and it is thin, lightweight, and the rubber/TPU whatever its made of is a lot softer than all the other bumpers I've tried. Buttons are metal and work well! The bottom of the case could be a little more snug, but hey, I finally found a thin case so I won't complain.

Oh damn, been watching for this! Wish you had added a new post instead of updating so your analysis floating to the top :(:D Thank you!

Orange/Black on the way, hold you to this! =P

Last edited:

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I've tried a dozen bumpers...

Now I'm in search of a bumper as thin as poetic with metal buttons also. Anyone find an all black Cellairis bumper?

Menel

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
I've tried a dozen bumpers...

Now I'm in search of a bumper as thin as poetic with metal buttons also. Anyone find an all black Cellairis bumper?

No :(. Clear/black closest.

Went orange/black for now, after holidays I will reevaluate and maybe go clear/black.

ynejanag.jpg

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
No :(. Clear/black closest.

Went orange/black for now, after holidays I will reevaluate and maybe go clear/black.

ynejanag.jpg

I bought an orange and blue Cellaris and loved it.

But when I went back, I went through 2 clear and black ones before I gave up. Weird discolorations and metal buttons that wouldn't push were the issue.

I was bummed and have been contemplating going for a 3rd try with the clear and black.

SilverWings

Aug 5, 2008
Just saw someone post a video review of the Pinlo Bladedge II for the iPhone 5 on Youtube. I think this one is a winner for me until I see real photos of the CAZE ThinEdge Case for the iPhone 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYKH2FZC9ek

http://pinlo.com/e/products/116/Bladedge II.html

Looks awesome! I tried to order one yesterday, but there's something wrong with there PayPal checkout. It just takes me to the PayPal homepage and I can't seem to pay for my order.
Yesterday I wrote them an email about it, but no response whatsoever and still experiencing the same problem.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Wow that looks nice!!!

Let us know how it works out and some real pictures!

Damn. This case does look nice, but has one MAJOR problem (for me). The bottom lightning connector doesn't look like it will accommodate the 30pin->Lightning connector which I am using on my iHome dock. I could possible use the cable adapter but that's a PIA.

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
Damn. This case does look nice, but has one MAJOR problem (for me). The bottom lightning connector doesn't look like it will accommodate the 30pin->Lightning connector which I am using on my iHome dock. I could possible use the cable adapter but that's a PIA.

Ya I could see that to be an issue. But then again you know you will get a diff dock when it does come out so why spend that money for that stupid 30P -> lightning connector. If you ask me its just an clever way for Apple to make some few extra bucks, but not mine! But then again that's just me!

on the side note just picked up the ipad mini...man this thing is damn light and small...Why didn't they come out with this when ipad 2 came out! Now I am also scrambling to find a case for the mini as well and seems like Amazon is pulling all the mini cases because of the wrong cut out's...

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Ya I could see that to be an issue. But then again you know you will get a diff dock when it does come out so why spend that money for that stupid 30P -> lightning connector. If you ask me its just an clever way for Apple to make some few extra bucks, but not mine! But then again that's just

Not just a way to make extra money. For Apple to cram as much battery needed to power retina and LTE they needed to junk the 10 year old 30 pin connector. My iHome is a dual dock that my wife and I use (she has my old 4s). It was an investment that obviously is not ready to be ditched yet.

In terms of cases. Manufacturers probably didn't have enough info and time to accommodate for these larger connectors just like the first batch of iPhone 4 cases that's didn't accommodate 3rd party chargers.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Not yet going to see what people make of it first, looks amazing though.

It's the clip that holds the case together. It's hard plastic.

Yep, it's similar to the Graft case except the graft is clasp type mechanism that holds the case together.

Really looking forward to getting this case. I ordered the Silver one because I like the silver/red combo. I really liked the color combo when I had the SGP Linear Ex. http://techmusings.me/back-to-black-and-red-and-silver-and-matte

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
I bit the bullet and ordered the thin edge too, from the pics it just looks the perfect case. Hopefully will be shipped today too. Anyone who has ordered one and receives it first please do a review on here, ill do one too when mine comes!

phommk

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
San Diego
I bit the bullet and ordered the thin edge too, from the pics it just looks the perfect case. Hopefully will be shipped today too. Anyone who has ordered one and receives it first please do a review on here, ill do one too when mine comes!

yes please!:)

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
I ordered the pinlo bladedge II. Was a little bit of a pain to order, I ordered it, created account, etc, but I actually had to log in, click on my account/orders, and then pay through paypal. Will post photos/review when I receive it!

Koebot

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
I ordered the pinlo bladedge II. Was a little bit of a pain to order, I ordered it, created account, etc, but I actually had to log in, click on my account/orders, and then pay through paypal. Will post photos/review when I receive it!
Nice. Looking forward to that. I've been wanting that one also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.