Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Got my caze thinedge. Really like it. Slimmest bumper and great feel to the plastic. I do wish it was a little bit tighter but nothing to really complain about. Got the black one and it comes with a red or almost slate color clip which I think looks really nice.

Looking good. I am still waiting for my Silver to come in the mail.

danish1542

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
MA
Bottom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 339

danish1542

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
MA
Here's the top. Yes I got a red clip and a grey/slate color one. The lip on the front is almost flush, I probably won't be laying it down face down. The lip on the back is more noticeable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 321

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Thanks for the pictures.

I was hoping the lip would extend over the front of the screen just like it did on the iPhone 4/4S. Also, the cutout for the lightning port is too small and won't fit my 3rd party cables.

Gonna just stick to my generic bumper, bummer since I love how the old caze case

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Grr, I'm not a patient person by nature. Took 12 days to arrive. Carrier leaves note. Rush to post office. Carrier's not back yet. Carrier accidentally puts my case in the OUTGOING mail, case went to main branch. Guy at counter says come back later this morning, they are still sorting some **** and it could be there. Or it will be Monday. :mad: Why does this make my blood boil? I'm not in control of everything, crap happens. But I have the sinking feeling my case will be heading back to Hong Kong before it's all over. :rolleyes: For the record, I hate registered mail. JUST LEAVE EVERYTHING AT MY DOOR!

Thanks for that, yea that kind of stuff can drive you nuts :D

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Got my caze thinedge. Really like it. Slimmest bumper and great feel to the plastic. I do wish it was a little bit tighter but nothing to really complain about. Got the black one and it comes with a red or almost slate color clip which I think looks really nice.

So it might actually allow it to fit over my side skins? Since you said it's a little loose?

----------

Here's the top. Yes I got a red clip and a grey/slate color one. The lip on the front is almost flush, I probably won't be laying it down face down. The lip on the back is more noticeable.

Screen protector of any good quality?

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
I also just got my Caze Thinedge.

Great feel, super, super slim. The lip doesn't extend over the front like in the case of the 4/4S version. The benefit here is there is no screen protector lifting. The downside is that the case is a little loose on the sides. There is a bit of give due to it not wrapping around the front of the phone.

Mine also came with a slate colored clip, as well as a red one. I am using the slate one and it looks very nice.

Overall, great case. One I will be using for quite some time. I wish it was a little tighter, that is the only downside. I have skins on the back and sides (as well as screen protector) and the fit is not super tight. You have to work it a bit on the corners to get it to wrap around close enough to install the clip, but that's no biggie.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
hmm thats a bit annoying about the case not going over the front of the iPhone, that was one thing i loved about the Thinedge for the 4S.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I also just got my Caze Thinedge.

Great feel, super, super slim. The lip doesn't extend over the front like in the case of the 4/4S version. The benefit here is there is no screen protector lifting. The downside is that the case is a little loose on the sides. There is a bit of give due to it not wrapping around the front of the phone.

Mine also came with a slate colored clip, as well as a red one. I am using the slate one and it looks very nice.

Overall, great case. One I will be using for quite some time. I wish it was a little tighter, that is the only downside. I have skins on the back and sides (as well as screen protector) and the fit is not super tight. You have to work it a bit on the corners to get it to wrap around close enough to install the clip, but that's no biggie.

I received mine as well today. I will not be using it. Unfortunately it doesn't support any of the 30 pin dock connectors. I knew the adapter wouldn't work but the extension cable doesn't work either. Aside from the cables, the case offers little to no lay on table and the screen shield it comes with was terrible (not same class as SGP). I find the button cutouts make the volume and power button difficult to press.

Add the fact that Caze shipped the black version when I ordered Silver. Overall, I'll have to look for a different style case.

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Got the pinlo blade edge II, see photos below. I also received the ********** backs today as well. Slightly off centered application.

Anyway, as for the case, it's very thin, i love the color, and love it's transparency. It feel slippery in the hand, but I was coming from a incipio Frequency which had kind of a matte texture to it. It definitely won't protect from much, but will keep the chamfered edges nice. It's very light and unobtrusive! It's thinness makes me worried it won't last long, though I won't be taking it on and off much.

Attachments

• pinlo1.jpg
    pinlo1.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 157
  • pinlo2.jpg
    pinlo2.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 161
  • pinlo3.jpg
    pinlo3.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 143

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Just got my Caze thinedge today (plus they did indeed send me a 2nd for having to wait longer!)

It is awesome!

Just what I was looking for. Keeps the original look of the iPhone, and adds barely any weight or bulk.

The buttons were harder to press at first, but now I'm use to it.
Plus the screen protector looks to be of the same quality as the spigen one I bought, exact same cutout for the front side anyways. I'm not concerned about the lack of front lip because 1) I have a screen protector on, and 2) I don't make an effort to lay my phone face down (who does?)

I highly recommend this bumper.

A+ quality and A+ customer service.

avalondigo

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2010
Can anyone please share picture of silver thinedge?
Not sure which one is better for my black iphone 5: black or silver one

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Can anyone please share picture of silver thinedge?
Not sure which one is better for my black iphone 5: black or silver one

Here is the Silver. I agree with Radiating that it does look a little odd. Black looks better. I just ordered the clear one so we'll see how that looks on the phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 136

Spyruf

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
I have a budget of $10 and I want a bumper which is thin and will protect my phone from drops. I had the casesquare (http://amzn.com/B009NIN81I)
bumper but it got very loose on my phone. I want something nice like the colorant b1 or the thin edge but they're too expensive. I am looking into the photive bumper to the poetic atomosphere( Ik it's a case). Btw my headphones have a little thick plug so I need enough room for it to fit.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have a budget of $10 and I want a bumper which is thin and will protect my phone from drops. I had the casesquare (http://amzn.com/B009NIN81I)
bumper but it got very loose on my phone. I want something nice like the colorant b1 or the thin edge but they're too expensive. I am looking into the photive bumper to the poetic atomosphere( Ik it's a case). Btw my headphones have a little thick plug so I need enough room for it to fit.
The Monoprice one seems rather well fitting, thin, and inexpensive: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=112&cp_id=11213&cs_id=1083111&p_id=9772

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.