Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
I have got the white sandstone 5T now for a little more then 24 hours.

The grip on this 5T is a very, very nice one...solid and not slippery at all (compared to the black 5T).
Really like the design of this white sandstone a lot. I usually dont use cases, hate most of them.
I could say this phone is the best one with a metal backplate, usually these metal backplates smartphones are very slippery

With the black 5T you wete holding a soap bar, with this white sandstone I never have this feeling.

The red color, combined with the white black and sides and black front a red slider is nice design, imho.

Very happy with this phone! :)

Last edited:

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
The Sandstone one is really nice looking. I look forward to reading comments on it here.

Since I don't know much about OnePlus yet, if I were to be tempted by a Chinese low cost phone at this point, it would have to run pure Android on the Android One program.

@deany recommended the Xiaomi MI A1 and though it has very few reviews on Amazon they're good among the T Mobile users and it should run on AT&T. $274. Wow.

I may pick one up at some point just to see what I can get for a truly palatable price point.

I already had the privilege of seeing the champagne and caviar side of things with the iPhone X for a month. That was fun. It wasn't for me a viable choice in the long term, but I am glad I got to find out.
Xiaomi will do you great. Ever since I got out of apple iphone. Android phone is lot more easier on one's budget. My problem is with CDMA carrier, not much choice for me, otherwise will jump on Xiaomi wagon, still I am happy with moto.

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.