Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Earl the Pearl

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2021
More leaks. This is shaping to be quite a phone. Fastest charging phone around

6f3c1d726e17f61c1a42897a06e42234.jpg

Well I've had this phone for 2 months and yes it's buggy. The screen darkens when it wants and editing text msgs is a nightmare.The text editing issue is new which has me waiting for the next issue. I love the phone and for the price you probably can't beat it but my LG V60 blows the doors off this phone.Again for the price this is a good choice but comparing this to the Galaxy Notes is no contest.
In summary...all the camera talk was just marketing nonsense for now. Another OP with an average camera. Sounds like the only improved lens is the ultrawide. Everything else is average and apparently there's considerable shutter lag.

alphasports

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2019
I've gone back to my OP7T that I really almost never used, while I wait for my incoming Pixel 6...the 7T is still a damned impressive phone when you look at the specs and useability (instant face & FP unlock, scheduled for an Android 12 update - tho not holding my breath, cams are quite/very good in good light). Up until recently OP was dumping them for something like $329 CAD which is ridiculous, and you can find them refurbed as-new on eBay for CAD $200. Really makes you think twice about dumping way over 1k on a 9 or 9Pro. Google is giving me $300 tradein on my Pixel 5 (was $500 last week but I missed it!) but the 5 is only 9 months old and has the nice smaller form factor. I may just end up cancelling the 6 and going retro for awhile with this OP7T and Pixel 5. Getting tired of being the gerbil on the exercise wheel ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.