Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Skjermbilde 2015-06-09 kl. 02.08.23.png

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
I'd like to know this, too. iCloud would be a bad deal for me. I want to use CalDAV and IMAP. But I think apple is not so stupid and cancels CalDAV and IMAP support. Many companies need this protocols and it's a plus for OS X and iOS to support that with the default apps.

The default apps will be using iCloud Drive protocols now, it's faster and more secure.

The CalDAV/IMAP protocols aren't removed, they're simply not used for iCloud accounts anymore.

Not entirely sure why Apple is saying this is a new feature. I thought that was always the point of the new Photos app. I guess they just didn't have extensions support for Photos done in time for a Yosemite point release.

It's a new feature for the OS X version of Photos.app. They never announced it for OS X, only for iOS last year.

App extensions for iOS and OS X are two separate things.

Reactions: Hanterdro

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Does FCPX work?

I usually don't bother installing the DPs of OS X because unlike my phone, I value my computer's stability :p, but if FCPX works...

HansumKingtut

Suspended
Aug 10, 2013
Virginia, USA
Command Center Hidden? Under System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Location Services, there is something called CommCenter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 9.44.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 9.44.25 PM.png
    270.4 KB · Views: 1,277
Reactions: bumblebritches5

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Updated the main post with better formatting!
Maybe you should add a link to each picture instead of putting the full sized images in the OP, so that we don't have to scroll through the world's longest post in order to find anything. Remember that we'll probably have at least a hundred little things in that post eventually.

Galaxas0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Maybe you should add a link to each picture instead of putting the full sized images in the OP, so that we don't have to scroll through the world's longest post in order to find anything. Remember that we'll probably have at least a hundred little things in that post eventually.

Good point, but I'll do that tomorrow as I update it again.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
A few questions...

A) About My Mac > Support - does it still say "Macintosh"?

B) The installer... How do you view the log? Is there still a menubar on the top (mouseover to show it) like traditional OS X installers of years past? Does pressing Command and L still pull up the log window?

C) Does "About Finder" still say "The Macintosh Desktop Experience"? This hasn't been changed since 10.3, and I'm hoping it's still there.

D) Show a screenshot of First Aid in Disk Utility, please.

E) DVD Player... What version does it say? Still 5.5?

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
Disk utility is different. No more repair permissions.

What happens if you hit the "first aid" button on the upper left? Just curious as repair permissions seems like a still needed user facing feature.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
What happens if you hit the "first aid" button on the upper left? Just curious as repair permissions seems like a still needed user facing feature.

First aid is the same thing as Check disk. It doesn't do permissions. Permissions are now part of the chron services that run nightly ( I think ) and any time you install an update it does it automatically.

Last edited:
Reactions: bumblebritches5

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
On the Apple website the iTunes icon has a ive-pastel-gradient, but it is not yet in the developer beta.

From past experiences, the icons on Apple website almost never came to reality in final releases. So, don't trust anything on their website for now.

Reactions: Siannath
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.