Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
A few questions...

A) About My Mac > Support - does it still say "Macintosh"?

B) The installer... How do you view the log? Is there still a menubar on the top (mouseover to show it) like traditional OS X installers of years past? Does pressing Command and L still pull up the log window?

C) Does "About Finder" still say "The Macintosh Desktop Experience"? This hasn't been changed since 10.3, and I'm hoping it's still there.

D) Show a screenshot of First Aid in Disk Utility, please.

E) DVD Player... What version does it say? Still 5.5?

A) It says OS X Resources or Mac Resources with several links

B) The log viewer remains if you created a USB thumb. If you update from App Store it will just do run the update as normal.

C) Yes it's still there

D) Ive attached a screenshot as an Attachment, this modal pops up.

E) 5.8

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 03.49.14.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 03.49.14.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,023

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Is menu-bar autohide new to OS X? I don't remember seeing that before.
Yes, that's new. The ability to change between "zoom" and "minimize" when double-clicking a window's title bar is also new.

It appears a setting to change the default behavior of the green button is still missing.

Last edited:

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
From past experiences, the icons on Apple website almost never came to reality in final releases. So, don't trust anything on their website for now.

The icon on the Apple site matches the one in iOS 9. They will change the icon when Apple Music is added to iTunes.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
They removed three-finger drag (at least on the Air '13). Gonna go cry in a corner now. And then possibly revert..
That's odd... I don't see a setting for it but three finger drag still works just fine on my 13" rMBP.

Whats more, the setting for "Secondary click" is unchecked but also still seems to be enabled.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Notes now has "recently deleted." I feel like that's new, right? I don't recall it in previous version and my other MBP is at the office so I couldn't check. lol.

And heed that warning abut updating Notes. You can't even drag them into non-Apple Notes accounts after you upgrade.

On that....note...the Notes update is really nice. The checklist is great. It's finally going to do what I want it to do with links, lists, etc. I wish I had had it when planning my last trip along w/ that split screen!

Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 11.00.59 PM.png

Reactions: Siannath

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
JK JUST FOUND IT!!! It's an accessibility setting now, under trackpad options. But I'm always paranoid about messing up my trackpad, so I never like clicking it. Plus the click is terrible with Macbooks..

I used to be like that a little bit but then I realized how silly and paranoid it is. Most people click their's thousands of times without issues...

Reactions: theSeb

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
The icon on the Apple site matches the one in iOS 9. They will change the icon when Apple Music is added to iTunes.

They're not integrating Apple Music with iTunes, they're two separate apps and services.

Oh well, we'll see next month.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Any chance to get answer whether Adobe Photoshop CS6 works on 10.11 or not? Thanks.

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
Photos that aren't geotagged can now have locations added but tried and was unable to do so, maybe Apple haven't enabled this feature yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 582

GamerBoredom

Suspended
Oct 29, 2013
Colorado
Anyone else notice the three finger movement from trackpad to move windows (also to select text), is gone? Or has it moved elsewhere? Maybe I'm blind.

GamerBoredom

Suspended
Oct 29, 2013
Colorado
Not noticed anything major yet but jesus on a velociraptor it's snappy as hell, all of the animations have gone turbo! (i5 MBP 2012).

EDIT:Actually, have just noticed this, my HD4000 memory access has increased beyond 1GB although it does still say Yosemite for some reason!!!
av0civ.png
Mine was Yosemite still, and I thought I missed something!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.