Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iamchoco

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Can anyone check if the Terminal app was updated, and if the are any new options? Here's the current version on Yosemite
0FNGTl6.png

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2009
Can anybody confirm whether this issue (delay between cursor and window movement) has been fixed?
This isn't specific to Yosemite. I think this was introduced in Lion. You can disable beam sync with Quartz debug to eliminate the delay, but I don't recommend it as you'd get screen tearing and funky animations.

nasdas

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2008
Hi Guys
Could someone please check preview as well?
The current version on yosemite is 8.0
Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 12.28.59.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 12.28.59.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

nos1609

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
Moscow
There are also password prompt settings in appstore preference pane for free apps and in-app purchases

fessura

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2009
Ugh. Photos opens whenever I plugin in my iPhone or iPad. Any ideas how to disable it?

fessura

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2009
It should give you an option when it opens.

I forced quit Photos the first time and it hasn't since asked. Maybe later there'll be a preference to open it when you plugin an iPhone. For now, maybe I'm stuck.

Not sure where the preference is. defaults read com.apple.Photos show anything?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Aaaargh this whole thread is tempting me to make the early plunge. However my experiences with betas were on Lion and Mountain Lion - let me assure you, that was not a pretty experience.

Sabretooth78

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Western NY
Interesting. I'm skeptical, seeing as I gave up on Yosemite after a 3 month experiment wherein I tried to like it but the lag and glitches were just too much. That said, there seem to have been improvements.

If this is an update in the "Snow Leopard" mold, does it also have a corresponding decrease in drive space footprint? Just curious.

Another thing is that I like to run some legacy Windows games in Wine (which has advantages vs. the overhead of a full-blown VM, which I also maintain). Throttling down to 1 CPU core in XCode improves their stability considerably. Performance doing so is just fine under Mavericks whereas under Yosemite everything (game and system) ran terribly. I don't suppose anybody would know yet if there's any improvement on that front?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.