Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
macOS Extractor v1.43
An update to the macOS Extractor was released on July 25, 2018.

A macOSE update is recommended to assist you in installing macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, and Mountain Lion on your old Mac. Also, by updating the patching software on your Mac, you can enjoy various additional features and enhanced security. Always use to the latest version.
Never download this from any other provider. All links must link to this page or directly from our server. This is to ensure that nothing was tampered with and that you have the most reliable and tested software.

This update includes:
◦ Performance and Stability Improvements to the Installer
◦ Graphical Kext Installers now remove Unsupported Screen Savers
◦ El Captain and Sierra Patches now include SIP Check Detection

Other Features in Previous Versions:
◦ Maintenance script now compresses Dock app resources
◦ [dev] AutoPatch main script now includes variables for each OS and steps required
◦ [dev] Graphical Kexts Web Installers now addresses changes in version control
◦ Address differences between Mountain Lion and other OSs’ BaseSystem
◦ Hides Framework error from installer logs (Not Important)
◦ Address Issue that would cause Mountain Lion Patching to fail due to file name errors.
◦ Adds an PostInst script within the AutoPatch that can be addressed through the Installer’s terminal
◦ Graphical Kexts are automatically downloaded to the Installer for use during patching.
◦ AutoPatch now verifies that the Installer is ‘bless’ to boot.
◦ Maintenance Script is now fully executable and includes more optimizations.
◦ Address issue where Graphics Kext Installer fails even when the kexts are installed.
◦ Addresses Rich Text Formatting that causes some scripts to not finish
◦ Fixed issue where the Graphical Installer fails after clearing kernel cache
◦ Addresses issue where the AutoPatch refuses to complete all of its tasks within the Target Partition/Image
◦ Fixes issue where some scripts are in rich text formatting
◦ Replaces brightness app with a new app recommended by a member is the Yosemite thread.
◦ Smart OS detection
◦ Installer Logs now echo its current process to help diagnose where more issues may occur.

Web Installer Size: 4 MB
Download Size: 70 - 170 MB
The Installer reads and downloads needed patches from our servers. You must have at least 180 MB of space for installation

Prerequisites

Tested Macs listed below. Here are the minimum requirements:

- Running 10.7 Lion
- At least 2GB of RAM.
- A copy of Yosemite or Mavericks in Applications Folder (.app file preferred)
- 15 GB of free space from USB or HDD Partition.

-MacBook2,x
-MacBook3,x
-MacBook4,x
-MacBookPro2,x
-MacBookAir1,1
-MacMini1,x (C2D upgraded)
-MacMini2,x
-iMac4,x (C2D can be upgraded)
-iMac5,x

We DON'T assist with Hackintosh. All private messages/emails involving installing OS X on non-Apple hardware will be redirected to another support team.

How to Use It:
1. Download macOS Extractor
2. Install it. Choose a version of macOS/OS X to get the correct patches.
3. Open the AutoPatch in your Applications and view to corresponding guide for the OS you choose.

Download (Web Installer)
Download (Mega)

sutty86

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2018
Hi guys just bought an iMac 5.1 for my daughter and wanted to update so she can use a few apps natively.
It's currently on 10.7.5 but would like el capaitain.

Not having another Mac is there any way I can get hold of the os apps to download.
I have el captain.dmg but no the .app

dkuisle

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2018
macOS Extractor v1.43
An update to the macOS Extractor was released on July 25, 2018.

Hi TMRJIJ and all,

great to see that there's still work being done in that direction!
I've been trying to get El Capitan up and running on my 2007 MB2,1 for quite a while now. As I only have another MBA running on High Sierra, Option 3 was none for me.

Tried 1 in the beginning, got stuck at grey apple boot screen (fan intensely blowing, but nothing else happens). Tried changing the boot.efi with the one in the macOS Extractor (both, as there is no /Boot EFI/ path for me, but only a boot.efi and a boot32.efi. Also tried with a renamed version of the latter.)

Then I heard that option 2 was depreciated and therefore is also no option anymore.

Was hoping for v1.43 to work for me, but the same issues here.

Can you, or anyone give me a hint why I'm not able to boot the stick at all?
It's a standard USB 2.0 8GB stick, directly plugged into the MB.

Official installer files from App Store used for update to Lion and creation of the Install Drive with AutoPatch.

Thank you for your efforts!

rytrunkie

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008
Hi TMRJIJ and all,

great to see that there's still work being done in that direction!
I've been trying to get El Capitan up and running on my 2007 MB2,1 for quite a while now. As I only have another MBA running on High Sierra, Option 3 was none for me.

Tried 1 in the beginning, got stuck at grey apple boot screen (fan intensely blowing, but nothing else happens). Tried changing the boot.efi with the one in the macOS Extractor (both, as there is no /Boot EFI/ path for me, but only a boot.efi and a boot32.efi. Also tried with a renamed version of the latter.)

Then I heard that option 2 was depreciated and therefore is also no option anymore.

Was hoping for v1.43 to work for me, but the same issues here.

Can you, or anyone give me a hint why I'm not able to boot the stick at all?
It's a standard USB 2.0 8GB stick, directly plugged into the MB.

Official installer files from App Store used for update to Lion and creation of the Install Drive with AutoPatch.

Thank you for your efforts!

Same here - same results

tommytnt

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2018
Hello, guys! I'm new to macos. Please, help me with some troubles.

I have a MacBook Pro A1211, and trying to install macos 10.11 on it.

At first, I erase the disk, and made two partitions. Then I install macos 10.7.4 on the first partition. After that, I download and install update from 10.7.4 to 10.7.5.
My next steps:
- I put "Install OS X El Capitan" to Applications
- Installed macos extractor 1.4.3
- I started autopatch and chose the second partition (but he did not ask me about the OS that I want to install, and I'm not sure is it ok)
- In "Applications/OS X Hackers Patch Files" there were no Boot EFI directory, so I downloaded boot.efi from here:
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/macosxbootloader
- Then:
Code:
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo chflags nouchg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo chflags nouchg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo cp boot.efi /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo cp boot.efi /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo chflags uchg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo chflags uchg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi
- I Rebooted the laptop with alt button, and choose the second partition
Nothing happened, and I did this step again, using the verbose mode. Result:

blahblah8EB7 is a UUID of the first partition (macos 10.7.5), the second partition with 10.11 has different UUID

Also, I can't do
Code:
sudo bless --folder /Volumes/[Installation Drive Name] --file /Volumes/[Installation Drive Name]/boot --setBoot
because there is no "boot" directory

Something went wrong, what I should to do?

derpysteve1231

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
Noitacol
Hello, guys! I'm new to macos. Please, help me with some troubles.

I have a MacBook Pro A1211, and trying to install macos 10.11 on it.

At first, I erase the disk, and made two partitions. Then I install macos 10.7.4 on the first partition. After that, I download and install update from 10.7.4 to 10.7.5.
My next steps:
- I put "Install OS X El Capitan" to Applications
- Installed macos extractor 1.4.3
- I started autopatch and chose the second partition (but he did not ask me about the OS that I want to install, and I'm not sure is it ok)
- In "Applications/OS X Hackers Patch Files" there were no Boot EFI directory, so I downloaded boot.efi from here:
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/macosxbootloader
- Then:
Code:
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo chflags nouchg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo chflags nouchg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo cp boot.efi /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo cp boot.efi /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo chflags uchg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
thomass-MacBook-Pro:Downloads thomas$ sudo chflags uchg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi
- I Rebooted the laptop with alt button, and choose the second partition
Nothing happened, and I did this step again, using the verbose mode. Result:

blahblah8EB7 is a UUID of the first partition (macos 10.7.5), the second partition with 10.11 has different UUID

Also, I can't do
Code:
sudo bless --folder /Volumes/[Installation Drive Name] --file /Volumes/[Installation Drive Name]/boot --setBoot
because there is no "boot" directory

Something went wrong, what I should to do?
How'd you even install macos extractor? I can't get it to install...
EDIT: I got it working wtf though it's gone past 1000%?

Last edited:

grzes

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2018
Hi there,

I successfully installed El Capitan 10.11 on MacBook2,1 using the instruction from post #1 (method 3v3). Unfortunately, after booting keyboard and touchpad do not work. So, I'm stuck on welcome screen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Last edited:

derpysteve1231

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
Noitacol
so testing el captain seems to restart the computer....here is the verbose output which if I put it in verbose mode it freezes on it
bmJ46Wf.jpg

If I get el captain running I'll try to attempt sierra...
@tommytnt we are apparently in the same boat here

Last edited:

tommytnt

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2018
How'd you even install macos extractor? I can't get it to install...
EDIT: I got it working wtf though it's gone past 1000%?
>wtf though it's gone past 1000%?
It's ok, I too have 1000%. But not MacOS Extractor neither MacPostFactor help me get ElCapitan. I did it another way with manual on youtube. But ElCapitan works very unstable on my MBP2,2 and I downgraded to Yosemite.

darthgeekonius

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2014
Delaware
I don't know why this is so difficult for me. Does anyone have a pikeyfied El-Capitan dmg that I can use to reinstall on my 1.2? I haven't been able to resolve the drama since the stupid security update. The new process doesn't seem to work for me and I'm not even sure the El-Capitan app I have on my 4.1 is the right version. I just want to download a dmg at this point, make a bootable usb, and move on with my life. Can anyone help?

Baboo85

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2018
Hi, I have a Macbook Air 1,1 with OSX 10.7.5 (I founded the Lion upgrade finally... I was stuck with version 10.6.8).

I used the new MacOS Extractor 1.43 but I still have this symbol at startup: http://imgur.com/6afmuIj.png

I already tried another USB 2 key (one with 8GB and the other one with 16GB), tried on both the bless command and removed the Ignore ownership flag (or something like that).

I also checked the MacBook disk permission and integrity, all ok.

What can I do? The error seems to appear because it couldn't find the boot folder/files...

Baboo85

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2018
Hi, I have a Macbook Air 1,1 with OSX 10.7.5 (I founded the Lion upgrade finally... I was stuck with version 10.6.8).

I used the new MacOS Extractor 1.43 but I still have this symbol at startup: http://imgur.com/6afmuIj.png

I already tried another USB 2 key (one with 8GB and the other one with 16GB), tried on both the bless command and removed the Ignore ownership flag (or something like that).

I also checked the MacBook disk permission and integrity, all ok.

What can I do? The error seems to appear because it couldn't find the boot folder/files...

Ok I'm one step further. I restored a clean installation of Sierra on the MacBook Air used to create the bootable usb key, because the old MacOS Extractor was somehow corrupter somewhere. And I've done a clean Lion installation on the MacBook Air 1.1 that I want to update.

Now the bootable usb key seems to be created correctly but even with the bless command the MacBook reboots always in the main partition (I can see the USB Key at startup with the Option held down).

What can I do now?

I just initialized the main disk with no luck (it always start in Recovery mode), and now I'm creating a different usb key but I don't think that's the problem here...

Zacharybinx34

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2015
Hello!
I have a MacBook early 2008 4,1 and it is stuck on Mountain Lion. I'd like to upgrade to high Sierra, is this now working for this model?

Thank you so much to anyone who might help me figure this out!

barcode_turk

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2018
Please is there any drivers for x3100 with hardware acceleration on Yosemite?

unfortunately intel GMA x3100 is to weak and not able to accelerate HD performance however the kext not supported anymore for Yosemite or later on the other hand apple has own politics to force customers to buy new macbooks ;) so if you have macbook 4,1 or earlier just keep stick on 10.7.5 lol
[doublepost=1537850288][/doublepost]guys when I try to install El Capitan with @macpostfactor on macbook 4,1 early 2008 in middle of installation system reboot again and again so I can boot it with usb that created by macpostfactor but I really unable to install it completely.

macbook 4,1 early 2008
cpu : 2.4 core 2 duo
ram : 4 GIG ddr2 - 667
vga : intel GMA x3100
SSD : 250

tiktok4321

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2018
Alright. I hate to be such a newbie at this. My avatar even says so. Here's what I have:

iMac 5,1 (Late 2006, A1207 20" 2.16 Ghz)

I have a copy of El Capitan.app in my applications folder.

I have installed MacPostFactor 2.0.1.

Since my iMac doesn't really have much on it that I care about, I was going to install clean on the native single partition. I may change my mind.

But I can't even click on the "Continue" or "Start" button. I can't get past the first screen.

I DON'T have a supported Mac to work with.

I haven't tried Method 3 as it looks real daunting.

Should I even bother with El Capitan? Will Mojave or Sierra or High Sierra work? I just need 10.11+

Last edited:

barcode_turk

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2018
Unfo
Alright. I hate to be such a newbie at this. My avatar even says so. Here's what I have:

iMac 5,1 (Late 2006, A1207 20" 2.16 Ghz)

I have a copy of El Capitan.app in my applications folder.

I have installed MacPostFactor 2.0.1.

Since my iMac doesn't really have much on it that I care about, I was going to install clean on the native single partition. I may change my mind.

But I can't even click on the "Continue" or "Start" button. I can't get past the first screen.

I DON'T have a supported Mac to work with.

I haven't tried Method 3 as it looks real daunting.

Should I even bother with El Capitan? Will Mojave or Sierra or High Sierra work? I just need 10.11+

Hmm :confused: this so upset point of APPLE products cause you cant install anything above mountain lion even with some try maybe you could run Yosemite or elcapitan with no VGA support or with fuzyy lags on it you believe me even if you able to install elcapitan successfully you unable to watch movie on it . all this macpostfactor project is like running PS4 games on PS1 console :)

tiktok4321

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2018
Unfo

Hmm :confused: this so upset point of APPLE products cause you cant install anything above mountain lion even with some try maybe you could run Yosemite or elcapitan with no VGA support or with fuzyy lags on it you believe me even if you able to install elcapitan successfully you unable to watch movie on it . all this macpostfactor project is like running PS4 games on PS1 console :)

Yeah, maybe so. I'm just pissed that Steam requires 10.11 when most games on it don't

barcode_turk

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2018
Yeah, maybe so. I'm just pissed that Steam requires 10.11 when most games on it don't

okey why you dont try Linux distros to do that ? linux now capable to work with many of game on it . I recommend you to install Ubuntu on your mac and enjoy ! what ever we forced to use MAC for programming stuffs Like Xcode and so on ...

Rocko99991

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2017
Anyone get a black screen lock up installing High Sierra via Dosdude1 patcher? I made it all the way to this screen
https://i.imgur.com/hBx3qOI.jpg

Then the screen went blank and stayed there for 2 hours. I finally powered it off but I can't boot into recovery as it's been deleted. Any ideas?

Baboo85

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2018
Ok I'm one step further. I restored a clean installation of Sierra on the MacBook Air used to create the bootable usb key, because the old MacOS Extractor was somehow corrupter somewhere. And I've done a clean Lion installation on the MacBook Air 1.1 that I want to update.

Now the bootable usb key seems to be created correctly but even with the bless command the MacBook reboots always in the main partition (I can see the USB Key at startup with the Option held down).

What can I do now?

I just initialized the main disk with no luck (it always start in Recovery mode), and now I'm creating a different usb key but I don't think that's the problem here...

Still stuck.
To be honest, I was creating the USB Key in another Mac with Sierra installed.
Now I tried directly in the Mac I want to upgrade but I couldn't even create the USB Key.
There's something I still missing bere?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.