Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porkchop967

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
Miami, FL
So far so good

I had an issue downloading it after inputting the code, but I was able to download after going to the 'purchased' section in the app store. The beta was there to start the download.

Just installed and I like it!

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Does anybody have the MD5 hash for this? I'm frustrated enough to get a torrent, but I don't want something that has been tampered with.

greekappi

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2007
I solved it!!

I have failed at least 50 times sincere yesterday.

Here is what I did.

I changed my DNS Server.

On another thread here I asked for people to share where the live if they were having the problem. I noticed no East coast locations.

I have Comcast and I also use an airport express. I opened airport utility and changed my DNS Server to the East Coast identifier.

I then started the download again and it worked. My browser acted slow and funny but the app store worked just great.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiqu8aryxehj6g1/Screenshot%202014-07-25%2012.09.48.png

Why hello there fellow Utah Comcast subscriber! After 24 hours of me attempting to download the beta and have the exact same issue as you, it finally went through and completed the download. It's installing now. I didn't change any settings, it just finally worked. Maybe the issues are fixed?

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I can't get it to download at home (Comcast, Utah) or at my University, which is not Comcast obviously. I wonder if it is a West Coast issue. Looks like Arizona, California, Utah and Colorado are all represented here.

Yea, then it sounds like it's more of a west coast thing than anything.

Mcnb

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
Why hello there fellow Utah Comcast subscriber! After 24 hours of me attempting to download the beta and have the exact same issue as you, it finally went through and completed the download. It's installing now. I didn't change any settings, it just finally worked. Maybe the issues are fixed?

UT here, too. Just hit 5.07GB for the fourth time then failed download message.

Yeti89

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
I think some other counties are experiencing issues but I do think it is west coast specific in the US.

Either using a VPN to Canada or somewhere seems to work or changing your DNS Server to a region specific number. That is what worked for me.

Some people also seem to get it to work after just trying a lot.

Vidiot62

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008
SF Bay Area
Also, as mentioned in another thread, console shows a bunch of App Store errors for "the requested URL was not found on the server" so it seems something is corrupt on Apple's end.

DavidinBurl

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2013
Consistent problem with all large files from Mac App Store

I've been having problems downloading large files from the Mac App store for months from both my home and work (both ISPs are Comcast and should not be limited, especially the Comcast Business at work). Any download above about 3GB seems to be a problem. I've also noted the same problem with my Mom's computer and Time-Warner is her ISP.

With other large files, I've been able to Pause/Resume to get the download to complete, but not with the Yosemite download.

Sunday Creek

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
Frustrated

My results seems like all of the above:
code already used
can't get new code
download from Apps Store failed all day
download finally worked last night
install process failed because possible corrupt file
cannot download again from Apps Store

joshuaclinton

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2014
Mine started downloading, but the connection was beyond terrible. So, I paused the download for a few hours and now, like most, can't get it to download. Also, it appears to be making copies of itself in the launchpad.

Anyone know how to remove these from launchpad? I can't find it anywhere (including the Application Support>App Store folder.

THANKS!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.41 AM.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.30 AM.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.13 AM.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 2.11.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 2.11.07 PM.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I don't know how to VPN to Canada and had not see that info when I developed my own workaround. It involved downloading the installer in chunks, and backing up the extent of the download before it crapped out and deleted itself from the cache. By replacing it and 2 other files, you can tell the App Store you want to delete it, and yet when it starts, it begins at that point. So I went from 1GB to 1.5GB to 2.0 and so on until I got to 5. There were some hiccups but I was able to complete and install.

However this is a cumbersome process and has to be done in certain steps. You also have to go into the hidden root to find the download. The file in the Applications folder is 152 kb and is just a placeholder.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Highest download size as of yet without failing or restarting back to 0; its now at 1.68 GB. Mine used to fail at the early 1 GB mark before restarting. OpenDNS seems to working.

[update]: it just restarted back from 0 again :(

Cqj6GYH.png

Last edited:

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Never got to 2 GB before using OpenDNS. So either VPN to Canada or using OpenDNS looks like some good advice. Others might want to try using OpenDNS since it is easier to set up (possibly).

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
I solved it!!

I have failed at least 50 times sincere yesterday.

Here is what I did.

I changed my DNS Server.

On another thread here I asked for people to share where the live if they were having the problem. I noticed no East coast locations.

I have Comcast and I also use an airport express. I opened airport utility and changed my DNS Server to the East Coast identifier.

I then started the download again and it worked. My browser acted slow and funny but the app store worked just great.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aiqu8aryxehj6g1/Screenshot%202014-07-25%2012.09.48.png

Did this and it worked!!! Gonna install on my second partition now.

billyb2

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
SoCal
I've still had not success as well. Tried 15-20 times last night and twice this morning before work. Keep getting to the same spot around 80-90% complete and it errors out. At least it's consistent!!

I'll try again tonight (crosses fingers)!

Sleix

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2003
Sacramento, CA
Another NorCal Uverse user who is unable to downoad here.

Count another AT&T Uverse in Sacramento, CA, and I'm encountering the same issues...yes, a Pacific/Mountain conspiracy is a brewin'...going to see if I can find any DNSs for AT&T for East coast and use them as alternatives to see if that works?

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Finally able to get it past the 2GB point where it was restarting. I'm using VPNbook which is a free VPN service and Tunnelblik. It's slow but working. Of course use at your own risk. I'm fairly certain these are legitimate free services, but I will be removing as soon as I get finished just to be safe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.