Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dkoralek

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Aha, the Apple FBDIMMS are definitely closer to the MB, so that would explain it. Anyone have any idea whether that 76C is a problem? It's a good 8C hotter than the next hotter DIMM. Is it worth worrying about?

Not sure what to say about the one dimm, you might try swapping the dimms to see if it is the dimm or the position. i have 4x512 factory dimms in a1, a2, b1, and b2 and 2x1gig from owc (but they look like the factory ones) in a3, a4. temps are (a1, a2, b1, b2, a1, a2) 56, 57, 43, 43, 55, 54. i would assume that the 1 gigs may run a little hotter than the 512s, so that might explain why they aren't cooler than the inner ones, but who knows.

cheers.

TheFuzz

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2006
LA
so after a couple of weeks of use, i noticed a problem for the first time last night when working in photoshop, after effects, and cinema 4d. everytime i would open photoshop, i'd get the beachball and have to force quit. i opened up the activity monitor and noticed i had over 1000 page outs in just a couple hours, hadn't had any since installing the 4gigs from owc. i also noticed that i only had 60MB of free ram, which seemed pretty low, it had previously only been down to 600MB. i opened up system profiler and found that one of the owc sticks, sitting in the second slot on riser one, was having ecc errors. i restarted and experienced no other problems the rest of the night. the machine had been running for a couple of days(4 or 5) without restarting, could that have been it? should i go on and contact owc or wait until/if it happens again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.