Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Shot with the iphone 14 pro but not with the pano mode. 4 RAW photos stitched together in LR. Unfortunately the 5th could not be used.:rolleyes:

It is stunning what level of detail I get with it. I am more a fan of having a dedicated camera in my hands but what should I say, I am quite impressed.
I found the iPhone is only ok for the panorama mode , sometimes distorts or barrels the photo as @Alexander.Of.Oz noticed too
Much better to stitch photos taken separately. Even better if they are taken with a camera if you have it with you.
And can’t agree more on the stunning details you get .
If I hadn’t done this project with @mollyc I wouldn’t have learned this. ♥️

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
P0001735_Panorama.jpg

3 image vertical stitch. Early morning, Denver Art Museum. I'm going back next weekend when I have more time to work on the composition, which I'm not happy with. Just a smidge wider, at the very least, to catch that corner on the right. I also think in this case I'll take a wider lens, which for me tends to work better on at least some "grand" architecture shots. This feels claustrophobic.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
One vertical, one horizontal. Turned out better than I expected considering I had to shoot them freehand under less than optimal lighting conditions (my tripod broke a few days ago).

OUMEOCR.jpg

8JkH1fv.jpg

Oh, that fair one is fantastic!

View attachment 2175774
Shot with the iphone 14 pro but not with the pano mode. 4 RAW photos stitched together in LR. Unfortunately the 5th could not be used.:rolleyes:

It is stunning what level of detail I get with it. I am more a fan of having a dedicated camera in my hands but what should I say, I am quite impressed.

Oh, great job!

Reactions: Janichsan

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2175877

3 image vertical stitch. Early morning, Denver Art Museum. I'm going back next weekend when I have more time to work on the composition, which I'm not happy with. Just a smidge wider, at the very least, to catch that corner on the right. I also think in this case I'll take a wider lens, which for me tends to work better on at least some "grand" architecture shots. This feels claustrophobic.
This is such a fun location, that dustbin art is really fun. I agree getting that little corner would make a stronger image, but I wouldn't have noticed it without you pointing it out.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
View attachment 2175877

Love the public art installation, and your merging of frames is wonderfully seamless, with beautiful exposure and detail control throughout. I'm with you, there's a better image to be had with a little more exploration. For me the corner of the building missing, and the sky up top right is slightly off-putting, either needing more or less to visually make sense of the scene; if that makes sense?

Take multiple lenses with you, the amount of times I've kicked myself for not having slightly more reach, or a slightly wider view is testament to the ongoing frustrations and exploration of a photographer of place. I suspect your notion of the ultra-wide lens may provide different perspective altogether that makes it work, potentially drawing more attention to the art installation within the context of that space. Only time and playing with positioning and composition will tell, enjoy that process when you get back, I love to lose myself in such things!

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
@mollyc is it okay to return with a final image or two tomorrow in this thread? I found and got my old nodal panoramic head out of the storage locker yesterday, but won't have opportunity to get to using it till this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I can share those images easily enough on the Panorama thread if you'd prefer.
yes of course!

• Love
Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
It has been two intensive weeks of travelling for me lately. I’m still processing all of my great experiences and also editing some of the many photos I took. This P52 really helped me to focus my photography and I must say I am quite happy with the results. More photos are coming in the more recent threads soon.

Here, I present you two horizontal and two vertical panoramas, taken at the Cour Napaléon near the Louvre, the Place de Trocadéro, and inside Sainte-Chapelle, in Paris.

P52_WEEK11_PANORAMA_IMG_0799-HDR-Pano_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK11ALT_PANORAMA_IMG_0473-Pano_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK11_PANORAMA_IMG_2125-HDR-Pano_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK11ALT_PANORAMA_IMG_2056-HDR-Pano_FF.jpg

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
It has been two intensive weeks of travelling for me lately. I’m still processing all of my great experiences and also editing some of the many photos I took. This P52 really helped me to focus my photography and I must say I am quite happy with the results. More photos are coming in the more recent threads soon.

Here, I present you two horizontal and two vertical panoramas, taken at the Cour Napaléon near the Louvre, the Place de Trocadéro, and inside Sainte-Chapelle, in Paris.

View attachment 2186778 View attachment 2186779 View attachment 2186780 View attachment 2186781
These are amazing! What gear are you using? Really well done.

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
These are amazing! What gear are you using? Really well done.
Thanks a lot, Molly! Glad you like it 😊
All the panoramas are taken with my EOS 70D and stitched in Lightroom Classic. The two vertical ones are actually HDR panoramas from 70 photos taken at 14 different angles.
The stitching didn't work perfectly but I guess that's always the case with handheld panoramas…

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Thanks a lot, Molly! Glad you like it 😊
All the panoramas are taken with my EOS 70D and stitched in Lightroom Classic. The two vertical ones are actually HDR panoramas from 70 photos taken at 14 different angles.
The stitching didn't work perfectly but I guess that's always the case with handheld panoramas…
Is this to get the Brenizer effect?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.