Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Got a few to post today taken throughout the week and today.

Stars - 3/22/2023 - iPhone 13PM
View attachment 2178683

Sunroom - 3/23/2023 - iPhone 13PM
View attachment 2178685

Next 5 are today's (3/25/2023) walk on Beaver Creek Greenway - iPhone 13PM
View attachment 2178687
View attachment 2178686
View attachment 2178684
View attachment 2178689
View attachment 2178688

Across the street from my house - 3/25/2023 - iPhone 13PM
View attachment 2178690

CC Always Welcome:)

The night sky one is interesting! My favorite is actually the sunroom, I love the how the legs and shadows of your table make an X.

I'm curious if you ever use a real camera? Absolutely not a critique, you do a great job with your phone. But since you are a retired photographer, are you just tired of lugging around a real camera now? I am not this comfortable with a phone camera, tbh.

A very different type of lighting than your previous image, but effective. Love the bokeh.

Great silhouette. Love the scale of the subject and sky.

• Love
Reactions: bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2178732
It's starting to green up a bit around here, but it's still cold, windy and yuck.

View attachment 2178771
Too much shift on the lens, though I liked the framing.

View attachment 2178773
I needed to get the top of the "Christmas Tree" for @katbel :).

I really love that tilt vignette; it's different and interesting. Use this lens again next week for framing! And a self portrait and shadow work....wowza.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
What I really love, now that we are twelve weeks through, is seeing how so many of you are starting to build upon your images with knowledge/experience/confidence from previous lessons. It's just fantastic.

We've had crummy weather the past couple of days and I'm pretty sure I have bronchitis (and if it's not that, it might as well be), so I did not get a chance to shoot any film, but I think it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so maybe I can still shoot something and then develop it Monday.

Last edited:

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
The night sky one is interesting! My favorite is actually the sunroom, I love the how the legs and shadows of your table make an X.

I'm curious if you ever use a real camera? Absolutely not a critique, you do a great job with your phone. But since you are a retired photographer, are you just tired of lugging around a real camera now? I am not this comfortable with a phone camera, tbh.
Thank you Molly! I have not had a "real" camera since I got the iPhone 6 Plus. I figured at that time, I always had my phone, so I always had a camera. I may buy a DSLR again some day, but I am pretty happy with the iPhone camera. The 13PM really upped what I had over the 8 Plus I had before it, which I was also happy with.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
DSCF0629 1.jpg

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
What I really love, now that we are twelve weeks through, is seeing how so many of you are starting to build upon your images with knowledge/experience/confidence from previous lessons. It's just fantastic.

We've had crummy weather the past couple of days and I'm pretty sure I have bronchitis (and if it's not that, it might as well be), so I did not get a chance to shoot any film, but I think it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so maybe I can still shoot something and then develop it Monday.
We got here THANKS to our teacher 😊 and it's unbelievable it's already been 12 weeks
I'm sorry you are not feeling well, wish you get better soon!

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
We got here THANKS to our teacher 😊 and it's unbelievable it's already been 12 weeks
I'm sorry you are not feeling well, wish you get better soon!
Almost better, thanks. But you guys are doing the hard work here!

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

I really love the daffodil one. Daffodils are hard to photograph in my experience because they are so evenly colored (depending on the species of course, but the ones I typically see and personally plant) and yellow blows out so easily. Converting them to bw is a good trick!

I got one today. I kinda' like it. Whaddya' think?

Our neighborhood green way - 3/26/2023 - iPhone 13PM
View attachment 2179377

CC Always Welcome:)

This is a good composition! Although we haven't gotten to leading lines yet, I like the curve of the path leading the eye through the frame. I'd personally like to see a bit more detail in some of the tree line behind the sign, but that's a very personal preference, and some people prefer the higher contrast conversion like you did here. It's a good photo!

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
I'm still catching up on all the themes from the last weeks. I don't usually shoot much black and white, although I really like the look and feel of it. On one specific occasion in Paris, black and white photography came to mind in a very special way: in the Louvre, I was able to contrast the marble-white statue of Nike of Samothrace with the flowing crowds of visitors.

P52_WEEK12_BLACK&WHITE_IMG_1570_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK12ALT_BLACK&WHITE_IMG_1121_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK12ALT_BLACK&WHITE_IMG_1165_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK12ALT_BLACK&WHITE_IMG_1427_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK12ALT_BLACK&WHITE_IMG_4100_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK12ALT_BLACK&WHITE_IMG_4125_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK12ALT_BLACK&WHITE_IMG_4167_FF.jpg

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
I'm still catching up on all the themes from the last weeks. I don't usually shoot much black and white, although I really like the look and feel of it. On one specific occasion in Paris, black and white photography came to mind in a very special way: in the Louvre, I was able to contrast the marble-white statue of Nike of Samothrace with the flowing crowds of visitors.

View attachment 2186791

View attachment 2186790 View attachment 2186792 View attachment 2186793 View attachment 2186794 View attachment 2186795 View attachment 2186796
I love the ones where you have the moving people. I tried that recently and it did not go well, lol. My people were too ghosty, and I couldn't quite settle on a good shutter speed. I think there were also not enough people in my frame to make it quite effective.

Anyway, I'm so happy that this project is inspiring you while traveling!

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009

View attachment 2186795
All very nice photos but this is my favorite

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
I love the ones where you have the moving people. I tried that recently and it did not go well, lol. My people were too ghosty, and I couldn't quite settle on a good shutter speed. I think there were also not enough people in my frame to make it quite effective.

Anyway, I'm so happy that this project is inspiring you while traveling!

I do love them too! For the shutter speed, I went with 1/6 for the handheld shots and 0.4" for the ones where I put the camera on the floor. "Luckily" for the photos, there were a lot of people in there, so I guess this also helped.
This projects not only inspires me while travelling, but I really have to feeling that it helps me to sharpen my photographic eye and be more conscious and deliberate while taking photos in general.

All very nice photos but this is my favorite
Thanks a lot! I do like this picture as well, it seems very calm and clean, even though it was quite busy inside the museum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.