Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
this is the way to document details! i think i have food slotted as a theme later in the year and i am going to have to practice hard for that!
Thank you Molly! I can't wait for the food one. I love shooting photos of food prep and dishes. I have a roast planned for dinner which y'all will see some snaps of later.

Garfield1.jpg

Reactions: mollyc

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
what is the filling?
Filling is made with 3 different roasts (old family recipe) and veggies
The sauce from the roasts is the one used for the agnolotti once they are cooked. Now the kids have learned to fold the dough and assemble, not cutting them yet. One of them counts how many there are : usually you need 2 dozens x adult but there is always some extras, rarely there are leftovers.

• Love
Reactions: mollyc and bondr006

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Filling is made with 3 different roasts (old family recipe) and veggies
The sauce from the roasts is the one used for the agnolotti once they are cooked. Now the kids have learned to fold the dough and assemble, not cutting them yet. One of them counts how many there are : usually you need 2 dozens x adult but there is always some extras, rarely there are leftovers.
My wife is Chinese from Shanghai. She makes something similar called dumplings. She makes the filling(pork, shitake, veggie, etc), then wraps them with folds I still can't do. So yummy. Yours look wonderful and are making me hungry.:)

Next time she makes them, I'll take some snaps to share. It is also a family activity. The attached pics are from the internet for reference.

Attachments

• Dumplings2.jpg
    Dumplings2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Dumplings1.jpeg
    Dumplings1.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 30

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
My wife is Chinese from Shanghai. She makes something similar called dumplings. She makes the filling(pork, shitake, veggie, etc), then wraps them with folds I still can't do. So yummy. Yours look wonderful and are making me hungry.:)

Next time she makes them, I'll take some snaps to share. It is also a family activity. The attached pics are from the internet for reference.
I know dumplings: yummy! And we have few restaurant where we get those, but I'm sure they are not as good as your wife's homemade ones. The shiitake ones are my favorite. 🙂

Reactions: bondr006

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Just some images of stuff waiting to go out into the garden , plus other bits and pieces of stuff in my workshop ...

tomatoes waiting to get separated . maybe this weekend
tomatos2k.jpg

Strobilanthes , rooted from cuttings taken last fall that somehow made it through the Winter on my enclosed porch
strobilanthes2k.jpg

The back of my daily beater watch
orient2k.jpg

Who needs a calculator when you have one of these
pickett1402k.jpg

Spindle detail of a metric micrometer
fowler2k.jpg

Detail from a Stanley 45 combination plane . Gifted to me back in the late '70's by an old friend who got it back in the '20's
stash452k.jpg

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
A walk around the neighborhood this afternoon.

Thur., April 20, 2023 - iPhone 13PM
View attachment 2191365 View attachment 2191366

View attachment 2191367

View attachment 2191368

CC Always Welcome:)

I make dinner almost every night; we have maybe two non-home made dinners a month, but I definitely do not enjoy it as much as you do! I never think to take photos of me making dinner, although sometimes I take photos of my daughter baking. I think I'm too messy, my cameras would get flour-y and sticky, but maybe I should try some time.

• Love
Reactions: bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Just some images of stuff waiting to go out into the garden , plus other bits and pieces of stuff in my workshop ...

tomatoes waiting to get separated . maybe this weekend
View attachment 2191716

Strobilanthes , rooted from cuttings taken last fall that somehow made it through the Winter on my enclosed porch
View attachment 2191717

The back of my daily beater watch
View attachment 2191718

Who needs a calculator when you have one of these
View attachment 2191719

Spindle detail of a metric micrometer
View attachment 2191720

Detail from a Stanley 45 combination plane . Gifted to me back in the late '70's by an old friend who got it back in the '20's
View attachment 2191721
This reminds me I need to get some seeds in the ground this week before my landscapers come to mulch next weekend. If I put them in too early, they'll get trampled or pulled by the guys working. The purple on the second plant is really pretty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.