Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
A good opportunity to test drive my new lens.

Gm21Ifk.jpg

oV2hM2y.jpg

tD2xAMg.jpg

8qcj7XX.jpg

QwVBBM0.jpg

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
.. two particularly nice 'Smiling/Welcoming' cats on the service counters of recent dinings out - the smaller, cute one, at a favourite Chinese restaurant of ours (for dim sum), and the larger, particularly lovely, and artfully-detailed one, at a just tried Japanese restaurant.

View attachment 2192004 View attachment 2192005
these guys are super happy!

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Oh, that company makes a lens for the GFX I keep looking at. These are super fun.
I'm amazed how well build my new lens is, especially considering the price. Full metal body, focus and aperture rings move incredibly smoothly, and it carries quite a heft. Just from the feel alone, it's a better quality than my more expensive Olympus lenses. (But then again, it lacks things like autofocus or image stabilisation, which the Olympus lenses have.)

Reactions: mollyc and bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
... thanks Molly ... but an 'Oops' to you on my part ... the photo taken at the Chinese restaurant was from a previous to this week dining ... sorry about that, it slipped my mind when I posted.
well we’ll just pretend you were planning ahead. 🙂

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
2 more for your entertainment ...

from Acoma Pueblo ...

turtlebowl2k.jpg

This is a detail from one of a series of mugs that are at least 100 years old . I suspect they came over with members of my family around in the early 1920's or so from what is now the Czech Republic .

twinmug2k.jpg

Tough to get a clear image of this one .

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
coffee? cafe au lait? latte? keurig? (please not a keurig)
It is a shot of mono arabica fresh out of an induction stove top Bialetti espresso maker with some frothed milk added. Ratio wise I think it is closest to a Latte. I do have a Nespresso Vertuo plus and Illy Iperespresso machines too. The Illy one is wonderful but OMG expensive for the capsules.

• Wow
Reactions: someoldguy

Walhydra

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2023
Massachusetts

from Acoma Pueblo ...

View attachment 2192131

This is a detail from one of a series of mugs that are at least 100 years old . I suspect they came over with members of my family around in the early 1920's or so from what is now the Czech Republic .

View attachment 2192132

I love the Pueblo piece.

Walhydra

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2023
Massachusetts
Just yesterday, I finally got around to decorating my corner of our front room/den/library. The bamboo bearded guy and the wooden face are from the Asia/West Pacific world. The ebony face is from Africa, the gift of a Nigerian friend ages ago. The Navajo ojo ("God's eye") is from Arizona, gift of my first lover back in 1976.

23Apr21-117_2048px.jpg

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
coffee? cafe au lait? latte? keurig? (please not a keurig)

It is a shot of mono arabica fresh out of an induction stove top Bialetti espresso maker with some frothed milk added. Ratio wise I think it is closest to a Latte. I do have a Nespresso Vertuo plus and Illy Iperespresso machines too. The Illy one is wonderful but OMG expensive for the capsules.
Are we going to have a recipes week ?😉
This morning I made nocciolata (better than nutella) and no palm oil, only Belgian pure chocolate
An Italian friend, a great 👨‍🍳chef , gave me the hazelnut pure paste, very difficult to find. I added white , gianduia and dark chocolate some Easter leftovers and a good pinch of salt.
Tried to get the nocciolata melting down from the spoon, but I had to defend myself from the vultures..😉.and be really fast before everything was going to be eaten ..
Gianduia cream.jpeg
Gianduia cream (1).jpeg

Last edited:

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

from Acoma Pueblo ...

View attachment 2192131

View attachment 2192132

wow, those are both really pretty

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
oh, a moka pot! fun, i keep thinking i need to try one of these (as if i need more coffee)

Reactions: bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Just yesterday, I finally got around to decorating my corner of our front room/den/library. The bamboo bearded guy and the wooden face are from the Asia/West Pacific world. The ebony face is from Africa, the gift of a Nigerian friend ages ago. The Navajo ojo ("God's eye") is from Arizona, gift of my first lover back in 1976.

View attachment 2192182
lots of fun details to look through here.

Reactions: bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Are we going to have a recipes week ?😉
This morning I made nocciolata (better than nutella) and no palm oil, only Belgian pure chocolate
An Italian friend, a great 👨‍🍳chef , gave me the hazelnut pure paste, very difficult to find. I added white , gianduia and dark chocolate some Easter leftovers and a good pinch of salt.
Tried to get the nocciolata melting down from the spoon, but I had to defend myself from the vultures..😉.and be really fast before everything to eaten ..
View attachment 2192211 View attachment 2192212
no recipe week, but food in july and we can share recipes there if you want!

• Love
Reactions: bondr006 and katbel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.