Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
f3894f68a97248d920b32ec63141.jpg

Joining a P52 thread really helps to pick up the camera. It has kept me thinking 'must make photo's this week'. Work was busy, weather was lousy. So there were enough excuses. Thanks @mollyc for starting it.

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
I love that you are capturing and sharing this little important bits about yourself for these challenges. It's crazy how small a macro lens can stop down.

So I suppose the second two images hit the mark better for this challenge, but I actually love the first one the most, with the window in the background and just a bit more space to hint at location and storytelling. 🙂 (PS - not a critique on the Lucite images at all)
I kind of like the first one best too.

Reactions: mollyc

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
f3894f68a97248d920b32ec63141.jpg

Joining a P52 thread really helps to pick up the camera. It has kept me thinking 'must make photo's this week'. Work was busy, weather was lousy. So there were enough excuses. Thanks @mollyc for starting it.
Oh, I'm glad you are enjoying it....or if not enjoying, at least using your camera. The tulips are lovely.

Reactions: oblomow

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
I love that you are capturing and sharing this little important bits about yourself for these challenges. It's crazy how small a macro lens can stop down.

So I suppose the second two images hit the mark better for this challenge, but I actually love the first one the most, with the window in the background and just a bit more space to hint at location and storytelling. 🙂 (PS - not a critique on the Lucite images at all)
:D And Lucite? What? My company only provides the BEST hand-cut crystal trophies, sparing absolutely no (or is it every?) expense. Only the best, I tell you, the best! :D

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
:D And Lucite? What? My company only provides the BEST hand-cut crystal trophies, sparing absolutely no (or is it every?) expense. Only the best, I tell you, the best! :D
Oh....see in my husband's former job, they would always get those when a deal closed, and they all just called them Lucites...That wasn't meant to be disparaging! Just what I know them named as. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: r.harris1

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Can we still post here? Today I had this idea...
631cfd648a196ee6bc41c1c57f6e6c0e.jpg
of course you can still post here!

these threads won't be locked or closed..you are welcome to return to any themes throughout the year if you missed one or if you just want to keep experimenting. 🙂

Reactions: AppleKarma

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Yesterday I discovered your exciting project and read the rules just now.
It’s a great project and I love all the detailed infos / tips you are giving at the beginning of each week ! 😍
I will post a weekly thread for each theme. Even if you are shooting off list, please share your image in the relevant week. Threads will be posted Monday each week, except for the first week, which will start on Sunday.
Reading this rule I thought the week was going to start on Monday, but the week is from January 8-14
Is Sunday a no day?

Am I still on time to join ? I still need to take the photo though but I love the topic.

• Love
Reactions: mollyc

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Yesterday I discovered your exciting project and read the rules just now.
It’s a great project and I love all the detailed infos / tips you are giving at the beginning of each week ! 😍

Reading this rule I thought the week was going to start on Monday, but the week is from January 8-14
Is Sunday a no day?

Am I still on time to join ? I still need to take the photo though but I love the topic.
You can join at anytime and go back to old weeks if you've missed them. 🙂 Rules are pretty loose for this other than not posting archive photos. Images should be taken with the theme in mind.

Topics run Sunday to Saturday in terms of shooting, but I will typically post threads on Mondays because I usually have more time then when I'm home by myself. There will probably be occasional weeks that I post on Sundays based on scheduling conflicts and if I have the materials ready by Sunday.

Feel free to work for last week and this week if you wish and post in the appropriate threads when you have your image(s). ❤️

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
You can join at anytime and go back to old weeks if you've missed them. 🙂 Rules are pretty loose for this other than not posting archive photos. Images should be taken with the theme in mind.

Topics run Sunday to Saturday in terms of shooting, but I will typically post threads on Mondays because I usually have more time then when I'm home by myself. There will probably be occasional weeks that I post on Sundays based on scheduling conflicts and if I have the materials ready by Sunday.

Feel free to work for last week and this week if you wish and post in the appropriate threads when you have your image(s). ❤️
Thanks so much for taking the time of doing this! And giving me the challenge to learn more if not all!
I love the light theme of last week too! Going to work

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
CF000820.jpg

Our local library in the background, which in itself is an interesting building, but it also has lovely trees (with lovely bark) on the outside. Not something I'd really normally try with this lens which is made for extreme depth of field. The shallowest plane of focus is at minimum focusing distance and max aperture, but this is a fairly wide lens. I've had a lot of fun playing!

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
I really enjoy this challenge/project so far. The theme this week was a very welcome opportunity to try out the portrait mode on my iPhone 14 Pro (never had an iPhone with portrait mode before). I went to the local market yesterday, took some photos, and was quite surprised by the quality of the out of focus areas. Not being able to use RAW and portrait mode at the same time made the post processing a bit trickier, but I’m very happy with the final results nevertheless.

iPhone 14 Pro, Main camera using Portrait mode
ISO 50 | f/1.8 | 1/100 s

02_IMG_2882E_FF_P52.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.