Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Actually caught in flight with iPhone. Was trying to get both on dock post, but got too close and the nearer one flew. Then caught the other as it took off. Likewise with ducks on shore at water edge.
IMG_1595.jpeg
IMG_1591.jpeg
IMG_1592.jpeg
IMG_1594.jpeg

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
That should be a Veilchen aka Violet

Thanks!
I realize now that I have seen Violet before😅, but not that specific pattern.
The pattern in the middle looks like someone took a bucket of purple color and splash it onto the flower. Beautiful!

is that a dragonfly? very cool...

View attachment 2232092

Yesterday at a friend's house , a cat with a past...🫢

Now for something a little different, crawling around on the rocks next to the lake.
View attachment 2232170

View attachment 2232481
This one got scared and puff it became like a little balloon

View attachment 2232480
Cross posting: Pocket of Light and a bee

This pair actually has 4 cygnets, but two of them were catching up.

About the maximum crop the little OLY TG-6 camera can handle. Of course smoke haze does nothing to make an image seem crisp.

View attachment 2232661

Actually caught in flight with iPhone. Was trying to get both on dock post, but got too close and the nearer one flew. Then caught the other as it took off. Likewise with ducks on shore at water edge. View attachment 2232349 View attachment 2232348 View attachment 2232347 View attachment 2232350

i love everyone’s animals!

i’m traveling with my son for a lacrosse tournament this weekend and i don’t type well on a phone so sorry for no individualized comments.

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
_DSC3496.jpg

Dog park, through a fence. They're always so happy at the park :D. Everything - and everyone - is SO interesting. Today was "one of those days". I grabbed my trusty d850 and my equally trusty Tammy 150-600 for a spot of animal photography. I haven't used the camera in a while and the last thing I used it for was to help someone on a forum with tethering in Capture One. While testing "speed from capture to screen" with a variety of formats, the last format I tried was JPEG, and I forgot to switch back to raw. So not a lot of leeway. But hey.

Last edited:

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Sorry I am late. We are on vacation in Spain and I was waiting to get a shot.

We are staying near Murcia and the little area where we are has a stream running through it containing Carp and Terrapins. Found this little guy hiding under the bridge from the harsh sunlight. The water is not very pleasing to look at.
IMG_0511.jpeg

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Now that rivers are very low I get to paddle some nearby lakes. Summit Lake sits atop the continental divide on the Alberta-BC border. Only sees a few fisherman and the occasional paddle-boarder as there are zero facilities.

Although I have never spotted or even heard a frog there, one little corner of the lake always has gadzillions of tadpoles.
P7160374A.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.