Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Follow-up photo as noted yesterday, fromt the exhibit at the 1893 Chicago Worlds Fair.
Tree Lighting - 2500px-23.jpg

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
An Old-Fashioned Musical Christmas.jpeg

With the iPhone and iPad I don't play CDs much anymore, no need to do so. I was tidying up the second bedroom/storage room the other day and ran across the case in which I store some of my favorite Christmas CDs......Ah, fond memories! Thought it would be fun to take a shot for old times' sake. Actually, I might play a few of these in the car's CD player now that I've found them -- hey, it IS the season, after all! :D

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
View attachment 882807

With the iPhone and iPad I don't play CDs much anymore, no need to do so. I was tidying up the second bedroom/storage room the other day and ran across the case in which I store some of my favorite Christmas CDs......Ah, fond memories! Thought it would be fun to take a shot for old times' sake. Actually, I might play a few of these in the car's CD player now that I've found them -- hey, it IS the season, after all! :D
Ah the Carpenters Christmas. So many people grew up on that masterpiece.

Reactions: Clix Pix

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
View attachment 882807

What! No John Denver and the Muppets? Herb Alpert and the TJB Christmas album missing too.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Ah the Carpenters Christmas. So many people grew up on that masterpiece.

Indeed....and many of the people who are/were older than or close to the ages of Karen and Richard listened to the Carpenters' "Christmas Portrait" and their other albums through the years, even after Karen was sadly gone from us.......and we still do!
[automerge]1576377733[/automerge]
What! No John Denver and the Muppets? Herb Alpert and the TJB Christmas album missing too.

Actually, I DO have Herb Alpert and the TJB Christmas album somewhere but for some reason it was not in this particular CD case..... I love Herbie and the TJB and have several albums on LP from when they first were released, along with later getting the CDs. I got to see and hear him in person in concert a few years ago. No John Denver and the Muppets -- not my thing. I do like some of John Denver, though, but am not a country music fan in general, and the Muppets became popular long after I had become an adult so I never got really into them, although Miss Piggy IS charming! :)

Last edited:

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Indeed....and many of the people who are/were older than or close to the ages of Karen and Richard listened to the Carpenters' "Christmas Portrait" and their other albums through the years, even after Karen was sadly gone from us.......and we still do!
[automerge]1576377733[/automerge]

Actually, I DO have Herb Alpert and the TJB Christmas album somewhere but for some reason it was not in this particular CD case..... I love Herbie and the TJB and have several albums on LP from when they first were released, along with later getting the CDs. I got to see and hear him in person in concert a few years ago. No John Denver and the Muppets -- not my thing. I do like some of John Denver, though, but am not a country music fan in general, and the Muppets became popular long after I had become an adult so I never got really into them, although Miss Piggy IS charming! :)
Don't have to be a kiddo to enjoy John Denver and The Muppets Christmas album. Give it a listen you might enjoy it.

Reactions: Clix Pix

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I’ve been busy with moving and renovations of late so this is the first time I’ve visited this thread this month.
Some excellent work as always guys. Keep it up.

Mark0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
SW Scotland
The low sun on a cold, winter afternoon casts a warm glow over this sizeable granite boulder on the banks of Loch Trool. A delicate layer of thin ice and frost that had built up overnight had lasted the day in shade, surrounding the granite erratic that was deposited there by glacial ice tens of thousands of years ago - or quite possibly hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Shot settings: Fuji X-T3 with XF 16-55mm f2.8 lens. Handheld with no tripod or filters (I didn't have them).
5 shots with shutter speed bracketed for full dynamic range at +1, +2, -1, -2 from base exposure. Blended in LR & finished in Photoshop.

Base exposure: 1/70s / f11 / ISO 160

Loch Trool Frost small PL.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.