Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaswerks

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2006
the grand theatre ... 70 mm, ISO 3200, f/4.5, 1/100 s

pic.JPG

Susurs

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
I still do not get the best settings for uploading a file from iOS.
Size limit seem to be 2000x on the longer end, but image is being shrinked down futher in kb anyway. Even if it is 2000x and below 1Mb.

What are your best settings?

Last edited:

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Sarracenia Purpurea, Pitcher Plant.
Always have to take a picture when see them as that is what daughter developed her PhD dissertation on studying the micro environments of the nutrients. Had to laugh last week as she was in a second hand store and an article about her research with pictures of her in the field was on a discarded magazine shelf that the store was offering. She didn't know how to feel about that. Pointed out that at least they were not throwing her out, but passing on to others.

Bok Tower 10-2019-2400px-14.jpg

This video was made in conjunction with the print article. While it is in French (English subtitles), she is the one speaking in English beginning at the 0:52 sec mark (and pictured on the thumbnail...which I didn't know the pasted link would convert to).

Last edited:

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Hooded Merganser duck doing "the Resnick Flip" (named after wildlife/bird photographer Ron Resnick, who first identified and coined the term for the behavior), which is when a water bird flips his catch in his mouth to reposition it prior to swallowing it. This is often seen with herons and egrets, especially when they're swallowing a big fish. Whatever this guy has in his mouth he'd been playing with it, dropped it and retrieved it, dunking his head in the water to recapture it, then held it in his mouth and started flipping it. He then turned away and swam beyond my view so I couldn't see if he finally did swallow the darned thing!

Doing the Resnick Flip.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.