Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
IMG_2023-09-30-012340.jpeg

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
Yesterday I read that someone, I let you use all the adjectives that come to your mind,
cut a beautiful lone Sycamore tree, standing in the gap at Hadrian's wall. A symbol of Northumberland.
It became famous with a Robin Hood movie but beside that it was a magnificent centuries old tree that an ignorant stupid vandal cut down. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-66947040
There are bigger issues right now, I know , but this one is really upsetting.
Not my photo but it shows how beautiful was the tree
View attachment 2284674
Yes, this really made me angry. There aren’t words for someone who’s that selfish. I’ve saw the tree in person years ago and it was so lovely.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Yesterday I read that someone, I let you use all the adjectives that come to your mind,
cut a beautiful lone Sycamore tree, standing in the gap at Hadrian's wall. A symbol of Northumberland.
It became famous with a Robin Hood movie but beside that it was a magnificent centuries old tree that an ignorant stupid vandal cut down. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-66947040
There are bigger issues right now, I know , but this one is really upsetting.
Not my photo but it shows how beautiful was the tree
View attachment 2284674

Humanity sinks to a new low…

We walked Hadrian's Wall this summer and this is was such a beloved spot…

I am actually stunned.

So my photo of the day will be the Sycamore tree, in the gap, standing next to the Roman wall… as it was earlier this year and the preceding 200-300 years — and now is but a ragged stump…

It makes me sad and so angry.

IMG_4831 (1).jpeg

iPhone 13 Mini

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.