Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Store Pick Up or Home/Work Delivery

• Total voters

Footaxion

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Phila, Pa
Who’s picking up there phone at their local Apple Store? Or who’s staring out their window all day, waiting for UPS or Fedex truck to pull up? And if you feel up to it. Leave in the comment section why you made that decision.

Edit: I have been thinking about doing a store pick up. Cause being an apple fanboy and all. I’m wondering if they will be having some sort of exclusive Apple bag for the Pro model phones at least. There’s already rumors and I think a image going around of different packing.

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Technically both because I usually order one on iUP, and I also order a sim-free model. For the iUP model, I'll be doing the in-store pick up as I always have. It's just much easier for me to trade in and instantly close out my old loan and also not have to worry about shipment being lost if I was to have it delivered.

For my sim-free model, I'll be doing that for delivery and will be requesting a hold for pick up at my local UPS CC.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I’ve done home delivery since the 6S, but this year I’m going to do in-store pickup.

UPS used to delivery around 2PM on launch day but those times are getting later and later. Last year they delivered at close to 7PM. I’d rather just go make the 15 minute drive to the mall and pick it up in the morning.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
If there is an option to pick up the phone at the Apple store I'll do that as the store is 10 minutes from my home. I'm pre-ordering and if I remember correctly there wasn't an option for store pick up last year for pre-orders. In the past I've picked up the phone at a UPS facility on launch day. I hate to sit home all day waiting for the phone to arrive.

Reactions: Footaxion

Footaxion

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Phila, Pa
I’ve done home delivery since the 6S, but this year I’m going to do in-store pickup.

UPS used to delivery around 2PM on launch day but those times are getting later and later. Last year they delivered at close to 7PM. I’d rather just go make the 15 minute drive to the mall and pick it up in the morning.

I’ve been contemplating picking up at my local store too. You’re absolutely right. That delivery truck has been slipping to later and later into the evening.

Reactions: qwerty1202

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’ve been doing in store pickup for the past few years now, I love it! I always get an 8am time slot. Arrive to the store by 7:45am, get in line, I’m usually out by 8:05am. Nice and easy. I’ve had my phone “lost” by the delivery company once and I’ll never get it delivered again. Plus it’s great to have my phone in hand first thing in the morning.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If there is an option to pick up the phone at the Apple store I'll do that as the store is 10 minutes from my home. I'm pre-ordering and if I remember correctly there wasn't an option for store pick up last year for pre-orders. In the past I've picked up the phone at a UPS facility on launch day. I hate to sit home all day waiting for the phone to arrive.

Actually where was the option for in-store pick up, at least I had that option when I pre-ordered the XS Max. I guess it depends on where you live and how much the apple store is expecting to receive stock.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I’ve never done in store pickup but this year I plan on enjoying a day off and hopefully pick it up at the store.

if no windows are available for the model I want I guess I will try and get it delivered. Little nervous.

Fleurdeleigh

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
I think I’m going to do pickup. I’m going out of town Friday evening & I’m at the tail end of the UPS route, usually 7:00 sometime slipping closer to 8:00. This way I’ll have my new phone to occupy me while sharing a condo with my MIL for 3 days o_O

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Who’s picking up there phone at their local Apple Store? Or who’s staring out their window all day, waiting for UPS or Fedex truck to pull up? And if you feel up to it. Leave in the comment section why you made that decision.

Edit: I have been thinking about doing a store pick up. Cause being an apple fanboy and all. I’m wondering if they will be having some sort of exclusive Apple bag for the Pro model phones at least. There’s already rumors and I think a image going around of different packing.
Will be at work for 12 hours so having everyone’s phone shipped to work. Gonna be a long Friday for me and an even longer Friday for the rest of the family who gets home before I get off.

stanman64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
After reading this thread I’ll be doing in-store pickup for the first time! I’m off work on delivery day and would much rather be able to pick it up first thing in the morning rather than wait all day. Last year my XS Max didn’t come until after 7:00pm! My series 4 watch came in the morning and I had to anxiously wait all day for my XS Max so I could actually use it lol.

Jnyce

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010

There was an option last year for in store pick up. The apple servers went down as they were trying to do sales.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
Don't have an Apple Store near me, so I've always opted for home delivery. Never had a problem.

Last two times I ordered from Sprint, I didn't even have to sign for it. But I'm always expecting it so I usually stay home on days I am anticipating delivery of the phone. Good luck to all!

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I’m not crazy about home delivery for phones. I’d rather it be waiting somewhere for me safe and secure.

ccbadger

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2018
My pickup order status is still “Order Placed” When will it start to change to “Processing”? Will they cancel my order during this period?

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Chose pick up at store as UPS delivers residential customers last. I could get mine as late as 8PM or not at all until the next day. Plus, I trust doing trade-ins at the store more than through the mail.

Plus, I LOVE the Launch Day excitement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.