Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Store Pick Up or Home/Work Delivery

• Total voters

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
yeah there was a wait to even pick up on the 20th, I'd rather not. I wanted to play around with the cases but instead just bought multiples and saved on the chaos

looselaces85

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2017
On iPhone Upgrade Program or a regular trade in?

Regular trade in. Just buying outright. Never said that in the past. Just thought I’d ask. I might run by the apple store on my break tomorrow since it’s close by and ask a sales rep.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
The last three phones I've had delivered to a UPS CC center. It gets there first thing in the morning so I can go get it. Beats waiting around all day for UPS, sweating and reading about everyone else getting their phones.

But this year I chose in store pick up and chose the first time slot available at 8:30am. Figure, if I gotta go get it, might as well go where all the excitement is happening. Check out the new watches too.

Reactions: Footaxion

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I’ll have it held for pickup at the UPS Customer Center when the doors open. It’ll take about 15 minutes to get there, and I’m usually out by 8:30 with the rest of the day to set up and play. :)

If I have it home delivered, it’s usually after 3 pm when it gets delivered to my neighborhood. I had my S10 plus held at Walgreens and was able to pick it up a little after noon.
For the iPhone 11 I’m having it help at UPS store, maybe I can pick it up even sooner. What’s interesting on the
UPS app is that it shows Sept 20th as delivery date, but also shows date tentative on first screen. I set it up on Sunday for UPS store pick up, plenty of time. Anybody else have that.

blueracer

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2010
Sunnyside, New York
i'm picking mine up at Apple Grand Central. we wont be home to recieve it so we opted for instore pick up. though it wont be until after work. i'm wondering if that was a mistake. do they hold your order in store or is it just first come first serve for online pick up?

at least i'll be surrounded by sexy gay apple employees, most are ;-)

Footaxion

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Phila, Pa
The last three phones I've had delivered to a UPS CC center. It gets there first thing in the morning so I can go get it. Beats waiting around all day for UPS, sweating and reading about everyone else getting their phones.

But this year I chose in store pick up and chose the first time slot available at 8:30am. Figure, if I gotta go get it, might as well go where all the excitement is happening. Check out the new watches too.

Is 8:30 am the first time slot or is there a 8am slot? I too have a 8:30 am slot

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Regular trade in. Just buying outright. Never said that in the past. Just thought I’d ask. I might run by the apple store on my break tomorrow since it’s close by and ask a sales rep.

Wait, did I miss something? Is Apple not doing in-store trade-ins this time? That would be quite a change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.