Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Store Pick Up or Home/Work Delivery

• Total voters

ccbadger

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2018
Is this means I successfully preordered? Will I receive another confirmation email?(I only receive one says (
We're processing your order Wxxxxxxxxx)

Attachments

• 4B82CC06-5007-4580-9D9A-C4D6A05734EA.jpeg
    4B82CC06-5007-4580-9D9A-C4D6A05734EA.jpeg
    483.1 KB · Views: 470

GloriousAndrew

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017
Is this means I successfully preordered? Will I receive another confirmation email?(I only receive one says (
We're processing your order Wxxxxxxxxx)

Yes. That is precisely what mine looks like except a different pickup window since I cannot get it before work.

ccbadger

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2018
Yes. That is precisely what mine looks like except a different pickup window since I cannot get it before work.

My pickup order status is still “Order Placed” When will it start to change to “Processing”? Will they cancel my order during this period?

GloriousAndrew

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017
My pickup order status is still “Order Placed” When will it start to change to “Processing”? Will they cancel my order during this period?

It will likely change to Processing early or middle of next week. It is extremely unlikely that they will cancel your order.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
My Apple Card hasn’t been charged yet ? When do you guys normally see the charge go through ? This is my first time doing a in store pick up. I always got mine delivered.

Attachments

• C4F8993B-F7DD-4ADF-A4C4-80EB49A94E9C.jpeg
    C4F8993B-F7DD-4ADF-A4C4-80EB49A94E9C.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 172

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Pickup, always.

Make sure the phone has no damage.
Hand them back any hardware that's being traded in and get credit on the spot.
If buying a new phone, set up the new phone in the store before leaving the old phone with them to make sure that everything, especially the Health and Watch data, got properly transferred.
No issues with not being home when the carrier delivers (or tries to deliver) the package.

Reactions: Footaxion

Footaxion

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Phila, Pa
My Apple Card hasn’t been charged yet ? When do you guys normally see the charge go through ? This is my first time doing a in store pick up. I always got mine delivered.

Most likely you’ll see the hit on Wed or Thursday. Once it hits American soil, Apple will feel comfortable actually having you pay for it.

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

Freebee269

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2019
I chose pick up at the store. I can get the iPhone 11 pro max 256gb in green on the 20th. If I did home delivery the deliver date was oct 1-4. I have to go to an Apple store that's a little further away but that's ok.

Reactions: Footaxion

Footaxion

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Phila, Pa
I chose pick up at the store. I can get the iPhone 11 pro max 256gb in green on the 20th. If I did home delivery the deliver date was oct 1-4. I have to go to an Apple store that's a little further away but that's ok.
Definitely sounds well worth the bit of inconvenience.

Reactions: Freebee269

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
For in-store pick up's you won't actually get charge still at least sometime Wednesday through Thursday night. When you get the ready for pick up e-mail that means your card has be charged and paid for.

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

KrisYYC

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
Apple store pickup at 10am, could have done earlier but I'm about trying to avoid Austin morning traffic lol. I don't want to wait around all day listening for UPS.

Agreed. I'd rather pick a time and go get it myself. I combine it with a lunch outing to make it more fun lol.

Reactions: kupkakez

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Technically both because I usually order one on iUP, and I also order a sim-free model. For the iUP model, I'll be doing the in-store pick up as I always have. It's just much easier for me to trade in and instantly close out my old loan and also not have to worry about shipment being lost if I was to have it delivered.

For my sim-free model, I'll be doing that for delivery and will be requesting a hold for pick up at my local UPS CC.
Why not just have both for pick up at Apple at the same time?

samcheezay

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
pick up at UPS hub as usual. my ups delivery doesn't get to my home until late afternoon around 5pm so I'll just pick it up in the morning :)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Why not just have both for pick up at Apple at the same time?
I do have the iUP and Sim-Free model that I just place today for in-store pick up. The other 3 I have ordered are for my fam and I choose to do a delivery on those. Plus I enjoy tracking my package along with everyone else who choose the delivery method.

Reactions: AppleDior31

kmstivers

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
pick up at UPS hub as usual. my ups delivery doesn't get to my home until late afternoon around 5pm so I'll just pick it up in the morning :)

I have the option in my UPS app to change to pickup at a UPS Store. How do you know it’ll be there at open on Friday vs. potentially later in the day or being delayed due to changing the delivery location?

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
In store pick up for me since the closest Apple Store is just about 10 minutes walk away from my office. Less chance for it to be stolen or thrown like crazy.

samcheezay

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
I have the option in my UPS app to change to pickup at a UPS Store. How do you know it’ll be there at open on Friday vs. potentially later in the day or being delayed due to changing the delivery location?

I always call every year (I update every year) as long as you change to a UPS Hub (NOT THE UPS STORE) you will be fine. Call UPS International: 800-782-7892 > ask which Hub it will be stationed at for schedule > ONLY CHANGE FOR PICK UP THERE ONCE UPS HAS POSSESSION OF THE PHONE AKA SHIPPED

looselaces85

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2017
Pickup for me as always. But does anyone know why apple isn’t allowing trade ins in store this store this year. Says you have to mail in your trade in

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.