Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
2d9s2f8.jpg

205cjgl.jpg

2r6pn4o.jpg

Swapped at the corner lights for clear lenses. Cost an arm and a leg, but it does look better.

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
Ask and you shall receive. A few Mustangs from a Car show I attended:

71 MACH 1

View attachment 767836

69 MACH 1

View attachment 767837

GT500

View attachment 767848

This may not classify as a ‘Classic’ but the GT500 is _one_of my all-time favorite Mustangs. Interesting story behind this GT500, some old man (I believe he was 50), Who owned an insurance company purchased a GT500, however; he also wanted a white GT 500 also, so he actually purchased *two* GT500’s, just in two different colors for the sake of having both. This obviously being the red one.

Nice pics. I think I like the '69 over the '71. I think cars from the 50s and 60s had the best styles. Wish I had grown up in those decades. I'm 35 y/o so I was born in '83.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Nice pics. I think I like the '69 over the '71. I think cars from the 50s and 60s had the best styles. Wish I had grown up in those decades. I'm 35 y/o so I was born in '83.

Agreed. The 69 Mustang is probably one of the more popular Mustangs in that specific era because of the body style, where as the 71’ certainly changed dramatically, but not to my liking with the Mach One. {That 71 Mach 1 photoed was actually for sale by the owner, which I believe the price was reasonable for the top condition it was in.}

There was actually a huge [1500 Plus cars] old-school (1980 and under) car show in my area yesterday that I wanted to attend, but I went to the track instead, I admit though, the track was more fun.
[doublepost=1532341300][/doublepost]
Picked up my new car this morning. 2018 Lincoln MKZ Select. I'll be having the windows tinted as soon as possible.

View attachment 772001 View attachment 772002 View attachment 772003

Its so strange to see the Gear selector integrated in the dash area, but unique for sure. But the AWD 2.0 Turbo must be fun though. I bet it moves. Nice ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: SandboxGeneral

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Its so strange to see the Gear selector integrated in the dash area, but unique for sure. But the AWD 2.0 Turbo must be fun though. I bet it moves. Nice ride.
Thanks!

It's taking a little getting used to with the push button transmission, but it's nice. The AWD is very nice and the car feels very stable when cornering too. The 2.0T is okay, I feel it is a little underpowered being a straight 4 with a turbo at 245HP and 275 torque. But it still gets up and goes fairly well.

I wanted the 3.0L twin turbo (400 hp) but that was an extra $2000 plus I would have to go up to the top trim package to get it and that was more than I wanted to spend right now. Perhaps in 3 years when the lease is up I'll go for the bigger engine.

Reactions: 44267547

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Tinted the windows. Ceramic. Will be interested to see if it makes any difference over regular tint.

View attachment 773688

That's a nice shot, don't get too many cars photographed in a really rural type setting.

[doublepost=1533071132][/doublepost]

Just gave her a wash. :)

mHTbon4.jpg

Additional confirmation the 6th Gen Rev 1 (specifically the front end) looks _way_ better :D

Reactions: Matz

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Additional confirmation the 6th Gen Rev 1 (specifically the front end) looks _way_ better :D

Certainly pre-refresh 6th gen is best 6th gen. :D

If I was in the market for a 2019, the refresh probably would have pushed me into the Mustang GT. I don't like anything in the refresh besides the addition of the 10 speed auto and that neat rear view mirror camera.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
ejWdQkA.jpg

Damn, some folks on here own some fancy hardware. My 'fun' car isn't much, but I love it to death.
mk4 GTI 24v VR6 6spd
Mate, you can't go wrong with a fast reliable VW:)

Until that Camaro was posted, I was gonna sell my soon to be a collectors item RS4 for a VW surfer van :D

Reactions: barbu

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
This is a 10 speed automatic.
I wanted to get a better exhaust system, but, not be out of warranty. And, with so many choices for exhaust systems, sound types, brands, it was a difficult to even choose one. My 2018 allows me to quietly start the car at 05:45 in the morning when leaving for work. But, when leaving the office, I have it set to Sport mode, and trust me, the exhaust is louder...! ;)

Nice. I like the color combination with the wheels and the 2018 body tweaks by Ford was well done. What made you want to upgrade from your 2017? Is this 10 speed or six speed manual? I have a 2014 GT (S197 body) with pictures coming soon after some LT headers installed Late next week. The 5.0 Coyote is just plain fun in performance and engine notes.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
This is a 10 speed automatic. I wanted to get a better exhaust system, but, not be out of warranty. And, with so many choices for exhaust systems, sound types, brands, it was a difficult to even choose one. My 2018 allows me to quietly start the car at 05:45 in the morning when leaving for work. But, when leaving the office, I have it set to Sport mode, and trust me, the exhaust is louder...! ;)

I know first hand, I have heard the 2018 multiple times, it sounds stellar. The 10 speed and variable exhaust modes are excellent additions to the 2018 model. Especially with the variable exhaust, the quiet start is a really an intelligent function to have for cold starts in the morning ,where you wouldn’t want it to be obtrusively loud for your neighbors. Other underrated feature(s) is magnetic ride control and the 12” LCD display as options if the buyer opts for it.

I think my favorite things about the 2018 Mustang is definitely the revised headlights, the quad tipped exhaust,and the ten speed. But the sound of the Coyote is intoxicating, I don’t even listen to the radio in my 5.0 GT. :D

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
DPGUJtd.jpg

Alive again.

Back story: My Oma bought this 205 brand new in 1991. She drove it until she passed away, when my estranged sister took it (with permission). That was 2008.

At the end of last year, the police called my uncle - He had 48 hours to remove his abandoned car from a house that he had absolutely no idea about, so he arrived to find that this car had been abandoned for 5 or so years under a tree in the backyard of a house that was now up for demolition. My sister had lived there 5 years ago and had never changed the name on the registration of the car or had paid tax on it, she literally drove it until it stopped and left it there and disappeared to another city.

So, she'd blown a head gasket, it needed a whole raft of suspension bits, a timing belt kit, I had the head remanufactured with all new valves and seals, replaced all cooling hoses and radiator (why it blew the head gasket in the first place) and various other bits and bobs (oil, tyres etc)

But today it's running for the first time in years and passed it's state inspection.

I'm not totally sure what i'm going to do with it, but hey.

Reactions: MadDane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.