Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seras

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2015
Magdeburg, S-A, Ger
Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. Seems to be exotic in Germany:D

IMG_1149.jpg

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. Seems to be exotic in Germany:D

IMG_1149.jpg
My parents used to have one for each of them. My dad's was black like yours and my mom's was that pearl color.

My dad was an inspector at the Romeo Engine Plant where the engines were built for these. On his black car, he found that he was the one who inspected the engine too when he looked for and found his mark on the engine. That was pretty cool.

Reactions: MacHead84 and Seras

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
New for 2018 :)

Wanted a stout SUV to replace the T4R: AWD, sporty-ish, 7K+ towing class, 3-row (at least 6 passenger - this was a later preference), plenty of tech (wanted active and passive systems, also options like ACC, Lane Control, etc.), CarPlay, option for 2nd row Captain's Chairs (at the request of our little G :))

You can read about my research and ultimate decision points in The Car Thread, but at any rate, this is what we got.

Durango R/T (most options are standard)
AWD (auto adaptive, RWD based, 2-speed/low-range selectable)
5.7L V8, V8 specific 8-speed (360HP, 390lb/ft TQ)
Tech, Tow (with Auto leveling rear suspension) and Blacktop packages
8.4" uConnect, 500W Audio
2nd Row Capts Chairs
Black Nappa II leather, red stitched
Redline 2 Pearl exterior (decided to go big and bold to match the personality of the vehicle :D)

The R/T is lowered ~1" vs, other models, different suspension, has multiple drive modes (that changes the throttle response, shift points, steering feel). The uConnect is outstanding on it's own right, beautiful high resolution display, a super responsive CarPlay interface (also supports AA). All the modern perks you'd want (remote start via key or long range via app with auto climate, for the AC/seats/wheel), tons of USB charge points, power outlets, standard plugs with inverters, additional oil, trans coolers (with the R/T and Tow). On the highway, with the ~25g tank and MDS, it'll go 515+ miles on a tank of gas, looking forward to a single tank trip to The Keys this summer (one car this time, all drive/etc., gear in tow!)

New for '18 the R/T shares some the SRT design elements, including, the really awesome hood - they also switched over to the SRT style steering wheel and T-shifter.

Oh, additional Fun Fact: The Durango is Redline with a black interior, my Mustang GT is a black exterior with a Redline interior :D

IMG_3650_REV_1_1200.jpg

Last edited:

fanbrain

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2005
So. UT
New for 2018 :)

Wanted a stout SUV to replace the T4R: AWD, sporty-ish, 7K+ towing class, 3-row (at least 6 passenger - this was a later preference), plenty of tech (wanted active and passive systems, also options like ACC, Lane Control, etc.), CarPlay, option for 2nd row Captain's Chairs (at the request of our little G :))

You can read about my research and ultimate decision points in The Car Thread, but at any rate, this is what we got.

Durango R/T (most options are standard)
AWD (auto adaptive, RWD based, 2-speed/low-range selectable)
5.7L V8, V8 specific 8-speed (360HP, 390lb/ft TQ)
Tech, Tow (with Auto leveling rear suspension) and Blacktop packages
8.4" uConnect, 500W Audio
2nd Row Capts Chairs
Black Nappa II leather, red stitched
Redline 2 Pearl exterior (decided to go big and bold to match the personality of the vehicle :D)

The R/T is lowered ~1" vs, other models, different suspension, has multiple drive modes (that changes the throttle response, shift points, steering feel). The uConnect is outstanding on it's own right, beautiful high resolution display, a super responsive CarPlay interface (also supports AA). All the modern perks you'd want (remote start via key or long range via app with auto climate, for the AC/seats/wheel), tons of USB charge points, power outlets, standard plugs with inverters, additional oil, trans coolers (with the R/T and Tow). On the highway, with the ~25g tank and MDS, it'll go 515+ miles on a tank of gas, looking forward to a single tank trip to The Keys this summer (one car this time, all drive/etc., gear in tow!)

New for '18 the R/T shares some the SRT design elements, including, the really awesome hood - they also switched over to the SRT style steering wheel and T-shifter.

Oh, additional Fun Fact: The Durango is Redline with a black interior, my Mustang GT is a black exterior with a Redline interior :D

View attachment 764227
Love it. Looking to buy an SRT next year. The Durango occupies a very small niche. It competes with body-on-frame SUVs towing-wise but is itself a unibody chassis and is more akin in size with all the other 3-row crossovers. It's rear wheel drive and with 3 engine options, 2 being V8. It's basically a Challenger on stilts and I love it.

Reactions: D.T.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Love it. Looking to buy an SRT next year. The Durango occupies a very small niche. It competes with body-on-frame SUVs towing-wise but is itself a unibody chassis and is more akin in size with all the other 3-row crossovers. It's rear wheel drive and with 3 engine options, 2 being V8. It's basically a Challenger on stilts and I love it.

Charger on stilts is a great way top put it :D

Yeah, when a DD popped onto our radar, I was pleasantly surprised at how it's positioned, and how perfectly it slots into that niche you described so well. It kills the smaller 3-row with overall SUV functionality, it hauls people like a huge SUV, and it's wrapped up into a manageably sized package, that looks great, goes pretty quick, great AWD system, loaded with tech ... plus has some attitude :)

If this was my personal, primary vehicle, I would've seriously considered the SRT, it's just fantastic, but figured for more family type use and it being the wife's daily, this was a perfect price-to-usage ratio. She loves it, she's kind of an old school muscle car girl at heart.

Reactions: fanbrain

Matz

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2015
Rural Southern Virginia
My ride is a ‘14 Dodge Charger R/T AWD, which I picked up in early March, with 20,000 miles on the clock. The ‘14 is the last year produced with the AWD/V8 combo in civilian trim.

Say what you will about FCA products, I love these cars, and this is my second one. I left my ‘09 (shown below) with the dealer where I bought this one.

It has a 5 speed, vs the 8 speed, but that hasn’t been an issue for me.

I considered one of the pony cars, all of which I find appealing, but prefer a 4-door sedan.

Also test drove a Hellcat, which could well be my next Charger. Maybe when I retire. For now, I find the R/T to be the sweet spot in terms of driveability and value.

I was surprised at the significant improvements in suspension, safety, and creature comforts in the ‘14 vs the ‘09. It is a different driving experience.

I prefer the styling of the ‘06 - ‘09 over the later years, but so it goes. And mine has a spoiler, which is not my cup of tea. I may have it removed. We’ll see.

B9BB1D71-1AA3-44D7-9E57-C2CFBB0E174E.jpeg
68E4B7D7-7348-451A-A481-388B1452CDF2.jpeg

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Lovely car! How is the wind noise with your sun roof closed? Mine seems to generate quite a bit.

Thanks! I haven't really paid close attention to the wind noise as I'm usually always listening to music when I'm driving but I haven't noticed any really with the sunroof closed. I'll have to give it a better listen on the drive in to work in the morning.

Reactions: fockx

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My ride is a ‘14 Dodge Charger R/T AWD, which I picked up in early March, with 20,000 miles on the clock. The ‘14 is the last year produced with the AWD/V8 combo in civilian trim.

Say what you will about FCA products, I love these cars, and this is my second one. I left my ‘09 (shown below) with the dealer where I bought this one.

It has a 5 speed, vs the 8 speed, but that hasn’t been an issue for me.

I considered one of the pony cars, all of which I find appealing, but prefer a 4-door sedan.

Also test drove a Hellcat, which could well be my next Charger. Maybe when I retire. For now, I find the R/T to be the sweet spot in terms of driveability and value.

I was surprised at the significant improvements in suspension, safety, and creature comforts in the ‘14 vs the ‘09. It is a different driving experience.

I prefer the styling of the ‘06 - ‘09 over the later years, but so it goes. And mine has a spoiler, which is not my cup of tea. I may have it removed. We’ll see.

View attachment 766791 View attachment 766790

Before I purchased my SHO last August, the charger RT Scat pack was at the top of my list. And then consequently, My work vehicle is now a Dodge Charger RT AWD (It was previously the Ecoboost Explorer).

The 5.7 L produces ample power, excellent torque and has a great engine note. I have to recertify in emergency vehicle operations every two years, and I had to test out with the Dodge charger RT yesterday through a driving obstacle course, and it handles _so_well and the 5.7 executes when you need the power on demand. Its One of those cars that never gets boring to me driving it on a weekly basis. I look forward to seeing with Charger has towards the future.

20F1D8E1-0513-4F63-8D83-7C0597FCF787.jpeg

Last edited:

Matz

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2015
Rural Southern Virginia
Before I purchased my SHO last August, the charger RT Scat pack was at the top of my list. And then consequently, My work vehicle is now a Dodge Charger RT AWD (It was previously the Ecoboost Explorer).

The 5.7 L produces ample power, excellent torque and has a great engine note. I have to recertify in emergency vehicle operations every two years, and I had to test out with the Dodge charger RT yesterday through a driving obstacle course, and it handles _so_well and the 5.7 executes when you need the power on demand. Its One of those cars that never gets boring to me driving it on a weekly basis. I look forward to seeing with Charger has towards the future.

View attachment 767014

I too look forward with interest (and some trepidation) to see how this car evolves. There are indications that at some point the V8 will go away. Hopefully not completely and hopefully not anytime soon.

My company provides me a vehicle for work and for commuting, so I mainly drive the Charger only on the weekends. That keeps the mileage down, yet I wish I had more opportunities to drive it. Of course it’s just a car, but I smile every time I get behind the wheel.

That’s a nice ride you have there, btw.

dmrowley

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2010
Dortches, NC
Six months in and I do enjoy this 2017 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD. I added a towing kit for the jet ski and the side windshield deflectors.

0cdb978358da4db72d3e2639088fa09e.heic

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Some nice cars here. But it would be nice to see more classic cars on here.

Ask and you shall receive. A few Mustangs from a Car show I attended:

71 MACH 1

7FAB06EF-C899-4B31-A94A-5FD821A1E191.jpeg

69 MACH 1

FE803265-5E8C-4A1D-9E39-3F8B5812FF22.jpeg

GT500

356869BD-3AD2-4875-811D-42B4EF4D8186.jpeg

This may not classify as a ‘Classic’ but the GT500 is _one_of my all-time favorite Mustangs. Interesting story behind this GT500, some old man (I believe he was 50), Who owned an insurance company purchased a GT500, however; he also wanted a white GT 500 also, so he actually purchased *two* GT500’s, just in two different colors for the sake of having both. This obviously being the red one.

Last edited:

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Ooh, me, me!

2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus in Sepang Blue Pearl paint. Black Optics package, AWE Tuning SwitchPath (valved) exhaust, turbo muffler delete (whoooosh), APR carbon fiber intake, carbon fiber wing, and little black gloss lip spoiler. Very fun car, on paper it measures at 292 HP and 280 lb-ft torque, and the butt dyno confirms: FUN!

Definitely my favorite Audi coming from a 2014 A5, but I miss the coupes. With my lease being up next year, I'm eyeing the new A5 Coupe or TTS. The new Mustang GT also isn't a bad car, either is the BMW M240i...

S3_18.jpg

Reactions: emiliano5 and D.T.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Ooh, me, me!

2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus in Sepang Blue Pearl paint. Black Optics package, AWE Tuning SwitchPath (valved) exhaust, turbo muffler delete (whoooosh), APR carbon fiber intake, carbon fiber wing, and little black gloss lip spoiler. Very fun car, on paper it measures at 292 HP and 280 lb-ft torque, and the butt dyno confirms: FUN!

Definitely my favorite Audi coming from a 2014 A5, but I miss the coupes. With my lease being up next year, I'm eyeing the new A5 Coupe or TTS. The new Mustang GT also isn't a bad car, either is the BMW M240i...

Nice. How can you get an Audi S and _not_ get it in some flavor of blue :D Good set of clean mods - you know, you could toss on a small, slip on spacer, like 5-6mm, and get a little more positive offset on your wheels and it would look amazing.

Reactions: chrisdazzo

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Nice. How can you get an Audi S and _not_ get it in some flavor of blue :D Good set of clean mods - you know, you could toss on a small, slip on spacer, like 5-6mm, and get a little more positive offset on your wheels and it would look amazing.
Not a bad idea, thanks for the tip! Will do some research.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.