Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christlinah

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2022
Austria
IMG_6144.jpg

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Newest addition to our fleet. Between my wife and I, and our teenager, we've bought three vehicles this year - and these three should last us a decade at least.

Rivian R1T at Cedar Crossing.jpeg

Rivian R1T (Launch Edition - in Forest Green with 20" wheels.)

By far the most expensive vehicle I've bought (by double - the second most expensive is the teenager's new car bought just last week! Although the teen is paying for more than half of that one himself.) Helping out is the fact that used cars are ridiculously priced right now, so selling the cars it's replacing should net us profit enough to pay for about half the Rivian. Apply the federal and state tax refunds to its loan when we file next year, and we'll be down to less than $10,000 "out of pocket" for it.

It's strange. In 2018, the average age of our three vehicles was 18 years old. Today, (once we sell the vehicles the Rivian is replacing, and the teen sells his old car,) the average age will be…. three *MONTHS*.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Nice Z4’s! I owned a Z4M about 10 years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Always felt like it was the perfect amount of power to match the chassis. The N/A S54 really loved to sing at the top end of the rev range 😎

axxtaql.jpg

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Nice Z4’s! I owned a Z4M about 10 years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Always felt like it was the perfect amount of power to match the chassis. The N/A S54 really loved to sing at the top end of the rev range 😎

axxtaql.jpg

Nice one! The Z4M is a different beast altogether. Love those! Mine is the 3.0si, which still has a decent amount of power, but it would definitely benefit from a stiffer chassis and a Limited Slip Diff.

Reactions: tekmoe

RSB96

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2021
Spain
This is my car. It is a 2016 Opel Astra with the 1.4 Turbo engine with 150 hp.

It currently has 80,000 km on it and has not had any major failures.

For me, the best thing about the car are the matrix headlights, it is awesome to drive at night.

1458475B-A552-44CB-B2D8-46511890DACD.jpeg

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
The cars purchased this year.

2022Cars.jpeg

My family has spent more on vehicles this year than the entirety of our car-purchasing history before. (Heck, the Rivian alone cost more than every vehicle purchased through 2020 combined!) We've purchased as many brand-new vehicles this year as the entirety of our car-purchasing history before. But these should last us over a decade.

The WRX is the kid's, who will likely move out soon. The Mach-E and Rivian are "his and hers" - but not fixed. My wife will *probably* drive the Rivian more often, but she likes the Mach-E for downtown parking when she has to go downtown.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
My wife will *probably* drive the Rivian more often, but she likes the Mach-E for downtown parking when she has to go downtown.

Love my Bolt EV 🤘 Easily one of the best purchasing decisions I’ve ever made. It’s my beater car and lives outdoors but it’s not given me any trouble and has been super cheap to operate when I’m not driving my Shelby or Corvette 😎

Reactions: Anonymous Freak

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Took advantage of the great weather here in Texas this weekend and attended the Mustang show at TMS 😎

ExmjNtw.jpg

3MaGQJd.jpg

qEIYZ1J.jpg

sbLrmoC.jpg

Even got my Z06 out too 🥰

6ZVuHw8.jpg

Reactions: bwhinnen and RSB96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.