Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Here is my 2011 BMW 135i. It's a 6-speed manual M Sport with a Mishimoto intercooler, MHD ECU tune and an Evolution Raceworks charge pipe. It's our 18-year-old daughter's semi-daily driver. View attachment 1957083
I had a 135i the year they came out. It was the heavier soft top convertible, but we loved that car. Would get another one if it was still in the line up.

ranviper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
My GTI, 2017. It's my 3rd GTI.

Attachments

• PXL_20221016_181210598.PORTRAIT-01.jpeg
    PXL_20221016_181210598.PORTRAIT-01.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Great car, the best version...I just so hate that 'slap a tablet on the dashboard' look...So lazy, surely they could have made an effort and integrate it...

In pictures it looks more unwieldy than it is in person sitting behind the wheel. Sitting behind the wheel the front gauge cluster is attractive and it's really nice getting full-screen CarPlay on the side. I like it better than the Tesla interior for sure. I wish they put physical short-cut buttons but they didn't.

Reactions: cyb3rdud3

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
In pictures it looks more unwieldy than it is in person sitting behind the wheel. Sitting behind the wheel the front gauge cluster is attractive and it's really nice getting full-screen CarPlay on the side. I like it better than the Tesla interior for sure. I wish they put physical short-cut buttons but they didn't.
Well yes, that is definitely true 🤣

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Whenever I see one of those I can't help but see the Pontiak Aztek. Sorry, but such an ugly and boring car in my opinion, even more so with the yoke.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I definitely do not find it boring in the least.. going 0-60 in under 3 seconds flat and the instant torque in a full size SUV is anything but boring. All the tech and entertainment in the car with the ability to have it drive itself on long road trips.. also anything but boring. And the yoke is amazing to drive with, most of the people who dislike it are those who haven't tried it and just form a blind opinion. It took me like 3 drives to get used to it and I absolutely love it, I find regular round wheels with stalks outdated and boring now.... tapping a button for turn signal is awesome once you get used to it... I find it cumbersome now to have to reach behind the steering wheel and flip a stalk to do it now. And looks are subjective I guess, I find it to be a very sexy car and absolutely nothing like a pontiac Aztek, like not even close.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I definitely do not find it boring in the least..
And that is the important thing, as long as you like it. It would be boring if we all like the same.
going 0-60 in under 3 seconds flat and the instant torque in a full size SUV is anything but boring.
Hmm nah, straight line acceleration is not that exciting in my opinion. Sure it's a party trick that tickle a few people and especially EV folk love that like it is the best think since sliced bread. And yes no denying some Tesla's are fast, as are many other cars. Tesla uses an Elon Musk special roll-out though, as do others in the US so be mindful of that before embarrasing yourself one today...
All the tech and entertainment in the car with the ability to have it drive itself on long road trips.. also anything but boring.
Again really not that unique, sure it was when the model S came around many years ago, although many properly premium brands/models had it already way better.
And the yoke is amazing to drive with, most of the people who dislike it are those who haven't tried it and just form a blind opinion. It took me like 3 drives to get used to it and I absolutely love it, I find regular round wheels with stalks outdated and boring now.... tapping a button for turn signal is awesome once you get used to it...
LOL Next you are going to say that a touch interface for a car is a good idea ;)
I find it cumbersome now to have to reach behind the steering wheel and flip a stalk to do it now. And looks are subjective I guess, I find it to be a very sexy car and absolutely nothing like a pontiac Aztek, like not even close.
Sure, it looks like a bit more modern, wheels a bit bigger, etc but the styling clues can't be denied. I rest my case :)

Cn3M39wUMAE9ujd.jpeg

Reactions: ideal.dreams

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
And that is the important thing, as long as you like it. It would be boring if we all like the same.

Hmm nah, straight line acceleration is not that exciting in my opinion. Sure it's a party trick that tickle a few people and especially EV folk love that like it is the best think since sliced bread. And yes no denying some Tesla's are fast, as are many other cars. Tesla uses an Elon Musk special roll-out though, as do others in the US so be mindful of that before embarrasing yourself one today...

Again really not that unique, sure it was when the model S came around many years ago, although many properly premium brands/models had it already way better.

LOL Next you are going to say that a touch interface for a car is a good idea ;)

Sure, it looks like a bit more modern, wheels a bit bigger, etc but the styling clues can't be denied. I rest my case :)

View attachment 2130399

Lol ok man thanks for the feedback.... I guess

I feel like I offended you by posting my car.... Although I have a feeling its a deep rooted hate for Tesla's or perhaps EV's in general that's going on here, That's pretty obvious from some of your comments...

Reactions: icanhazmac

T Coma

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2015
Flyover Country, USA

I feel like I offended you by posting my car.... Although I have a feeling its a deep rooted hate for Tesla's or perhaps EV's in general that's going on here, That's pretty obvious from some of your comments...
No it's clear that all the Tesla hate as of late is political. Elon used to be the darling of the tech-friendly psuedo-snob set, (substantial Venn diagram overlap in MR for sure) at least until the narrative moved to his left. The hate follows to his products by association.

That being said, I've outgrown (mostly) my need to roll around in wickedly depreciating status symbols for a more pragmatic approach. It's about to turn 23 years old and still functioning as a hard working utility vehicle which has long outlasted its value and has required so few repairs as to be considered negligible. It's slow, it doesn't get great mileage, and it rides, well, like a truck. But it has been with me much longer than the string of mostly German and Japanese "look at me" cars it has shared a garage with. And it's virtually bulletproof.

(And my wife still has the fancy one, in case we need to go somewhere looking presentable.)

IMG_3306.JPG

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
No it's clear that all the Tesla hate as of late is political. Elon used to be the darling of the tech-friendly psuedo-snob set, (substantial Venn diagram overlap in MR for sure) at least until the narrative moved to his left. The hate follows to his products by association.

That being said, I've outgrown (mostly) my need to roll around in wickedly depreciating status symbols for a more pragmatic approach. It's about to turn 23 years old and still functioning as a hard working utility vehicle which has long outlasted its value and has required so few repairs as to be considered negligible. It's slow, it doesn't get great mileage, and it rides, well, like a truck. But it has been with me much longer than the string of mostly German and Japanese "look at me" cars it has shared a garage with. And it's virtually bulletproof.

(And my wife still has the fancy one, in case we need to go somewhere looking presentable.)

View attachment 2130490

Wow looks amazing for 23 yrs old... you must really take great care of it!

And yes I agree with the political aspect... But I am the type that absolutely hates politics and making decisions based on political beliefs.... While Elon is the face and the head of Tesla he is just one person and there are hundreds of thousands of employees... I would never let the views or ramblings of one person influence my purchases. It's just sad that some folks are so warped by political beliefs that they allow it to run their lives and every day choices.

Reactions: icanhazmac

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK

Nope no offence whatsoever. And definitely no hate towards EVs my wife has one as well and it’s our car of choice. Just sharing my opinion and what I see when I see those that is all. It’s a discussion forum after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.