Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacinto45

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
How did you guys even get on hold? They're not accepting new calls because of "technical difficulties," the recording says.

wstohner

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2004
NY
Should I tell them to include the "-00001" at all? Like should my account number be:

451246421 or 45124642100001

not that this means anything, but when i talked to verizon, i asked if i should include the 00001 and the guy said "include it to be safe," which is not really a good answer to a yes or no question...

Jeffrey903

macrumors member
May 27, 2006
I got in after about 8 minutes on hold. She is now pulling up my account info (I'm on hold again, but at least I got a rep)

BwanaZulia

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
I just upgraded from my AT&T account so I didn't have to put in a account number.

I am on 11 hours of waiting.

I am not sure that is it.

BZ

brackle

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
I talked to a very nice lady and told her I thought it was because I put the dash in the old account number. She said she couldn't do anything because the activation was on hold and had been sent back to processing. But she "red flagged" it and noted on there that I thought it was the dash. She said they should get back to me. We'll see.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
They fixed mine and activated it with me over the phone. It took forever (on hold since 7:15 or so until about 9:15), but its working fine now. The lady I talked to seemed much better prepared than the ones last night...

BwanaZulia

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
They fixed mine and activated it with me over the phone. It took forever (on hold since 7:15 or so until about 9:15), but its working fine now. The lady I talked to seemed much better prepared than the ones last night...

What did you do or did THEY do to activate it?

As far as the person I talked to, they couldn't.

BZ

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
not that this means anything, but when i talked to verizon, i asked if i should include the 00001 and the guy said "include it to be safe," which is not really a good answer to a yes or no question...

Wait a minute...
People are talking to Verizon during this set-up process?
And things aren't working well?

Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

wstohner

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2004
NY
What did you do or did THEY do to activate it?

As far as the person I talked to, they couldn't.

BZ

perhaps this is only a fix for previous verizon customers. you said before that you were already with at&t, so i'm guessing that you didn't enter an unnecessary dash.

wstohner

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2004
NY
Wait a minute...
People are talking to Verizon during this set-up process?
And things aren't working well?

Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

I talked to them yesterday to verify both that my account was out of contract and my account number. It's called doing what you can to be prepared.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I'm on the phone with AT&T&T&T&T&T right now and we're trying to figure out what the deal is when porting from Verizon.

I was on hold for an hour and then got through.

Jsimon9633

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
the hilarious thing is that there are like 1423232 numbers to call and who knows which is going to lead to anything

NixHex324

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Anyone keep getting hung up on? After about ten minutes on hold I got two rings and then they hung up on me. This has happened about three times now.

In the mean time I have the most highly pollished phone on the planet.

hamedatl

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
I got hungup on by AT&T after being on hold for 30 minutes. I'm calling Apple now. This is gay.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Turns out that it isn't a problem with the dash or the last few 0001 digits.

The guy told me that he just needed verification of a few other things. Although, I gave him no new info that wasn't input in iTunes.

His recommendation: CALL! (just keep calling until you get on hold, then wait it out...he activated me instantly)

BwanaZulia

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
Turns out that it isn't a problem with the dash or the last few 0001 digits.

The guy told me that he just needed verification of a few other things. Although, I gave him no new info that wasn't input in iTunes.

His recommendation: CALL! (just keep calling until you get on hold, then wait it out...he activated me instantly)

What did he actually DO to activate you?

Maybe something we could tell the reps?

BZ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.