Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NixHex324

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Just looking for some reassurance guys. I've been on hold for 30 minutes but there's no music or anything. Apparently I'm still connected but you'd never know it. Hows everyone else holding up?

Jsimon9633

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Just looking for some reassurance guys. I've been on hold for 30 minutes but there's no music or anything. Apparently I'm still connected but you'd never know it. Hows everyone else holding up?

what number are you guys holding on?

you guys had some kind of activation id or web order numbeR?

ive been on hold for 45min with constant att bs

wstohner

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2004
NY
just got off the phone with them. talked to them for over an hour. she updated my account, took out the dash, "activated" my account, et cetera. she said now i just have to wait for the email. she said it could be here in an hour or two, with my number ported. who knows. this is bs. i dont think they even really understand what the iphone is. she asked me to look at my sim card for the different numbers... i just tapped in the "i" and read her that information. then she said she was going to call me, and couldn't figure out why the call didn't go through, mind you the phone is still on the "Activate iphone" screen. talk about poor training.

kevinwiz

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2007
socal

just hang up. this will soon follow with a quick succession of loud beeps

TurboPGT

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
Guys I've finally gotten through to the port request dept...now on hold again.

Have they really activated the phone while you guys were talking to them?????

Beerad

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Chicago
My second time calling, 877-800-3701 I got a rep. She was very friendly, sounded a little stressed like they are getting alot of calls.

She said my phone is now all activated, I hooked up the phone and iTunes is down. I still need to get my second phone hooked up too.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Guys I've finally gotten through to the port request dept...now on hold again.

Have they really activated the phone while you guys were talking to them?????

Yes, she did it while i was on the phone with her. It popped up on the screen and said iPhone Activated and then it basically unlocked (i had to unplug and replug the iphone in when she said it was done)

SteveM8

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2007
I have two Iphones and 14 hours later

14 hours after activating MY Iphone (coming from Verizon) it still is not activated. The 2nd phone (my wifes) was activated at 3am.

They turned off my old Verizon acct and my new Iphone is not working. I AM MAD.

My wife's phone, which I did 2nd, is working and it also was a verizon transfer.
Another kicker. They created TWO family plan accts, each with one of the Iphones on it., WHen I call AT&T they claim both phones are activated, but I never got my email for my phone and when I hook it up to Itunes it says more time is needed. 14 hours so far. What a JOKE.

I am now without any phone and anyone who calls me gets a disconnected notice.

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
For those porting numbers, let me share my story. I'm on verizon and I put my full account, with the dash and everything into itunes when I signed up.

I activated my phone last night and it went through in 20 minutes. I then received an email that the porting is in progress and i'll get another email when it's done. At this point I could make calls and use other features on the phone.

12 hours later it (the email)never came and I still couldn't receive calls, so I called att. Once I got ahold of someone in the porting department he told me that normally att sets numbers to port 3 hours after activation. When their computers start the switch, it's instant. It gives people time to check and delete things like voicemail and whatnot.

In my case it was set at 24 hours! He apologized and manually changed it so it would port while I was on the phone with him. After it went through, I got a text message right away telling me I can now receive calls and he called my from another line to confirm my phone is working.

Calling them and spending 20 minutes on the phone saved my another 12 hour wait!

Hope this helps some of the other with problems porting numbers.

orderedlist

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
The Email

Did anyone who got their phone activated by someone over the phone receive THE EMAIL? If so, did you get it before you called?

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
There goes that idea ... they said my port requires someone to do it manually because they hit a problem. What the problem is, they don't know ... needless to say, they said that I need to wait at least 24 hours. Grrrrr

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
i got through after about 10 minutes of waiting, and a flustered sounding "April" is going though, saying that previous people botched it up a bit, and I'm missing loads of info. shes now looking for a supervisor. i hope this clears this up. Of note, I had an old account with AT@T before they became cingular (like, 6 years old) and they needed to move it over their new system. i'll update with how this goes.

Edit: She came back with the same spiel, it can take up to 24hrs blah blah...
pity, she sounded cute.

Outsiderdude26

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2005
New England
I just got off the phone with at&t. The customer service guy told me that every went well. They are just waiting for the number to be released. The problem is not them but the company one was with before.

In my case Verizon is being a i little bitch and won't "released" my number until 3:15 am, on Sunday.

So, at&t good. Verizon bad.

if you can stop people from leaving, you better botch their porting number service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.