Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
This beautiful model just happens to be my daughter. I know she is all grown up now but to me she will always be my baby girl! I am so proud of her. Not only does she model but she just earned her master's degree and is pursuing a doctorate!!

vPMdZVryQjyBMQBcgL7h5w.jpg

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
All these "custom dials" are fine, whatever, but I'm still hoping Apple will launch a face store with actual customization, not just wallpaper. Real dials made by designers, not just Gundam wallpaper.

I've always said they could add an ambient light sensor somewhere around the screen, and with some simple effects, imitate the direction of ambient light as you move your wrist.

If I can do this in Photoshop, Apple could do it on the watch.

Apple_3D.gif

spanishcop

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
Are there any links to custom watch faces for the apple watch or if you don't mind sharing your custom watch faces pics, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 80AB99D5-846A-4116-A7D5-E70D01C46E77.jpeg
    80AB99D5-846A-4116-A7D5-E70D01C46E77.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 634
  • 8DC9A8CD-EDB1-47A2-83CB-B7CF32793EEF.jpeg
    8DC9A8CD-EDB1-47A2-83CB-B7CF32793EEF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 516
Reactions: AppleKarma

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
This is what I'm trying out right now:

IMG_0433.PNG

And this is my weather face:

IMG_0434.PNG

I wish I could add a barometric pressure complication with trend arrow, feels like temperature, and a link to RadarScope on this face. It would also be nice if we could customize the text above the hourly forecast as it's redundant. Also I guess the current conditions are on there twice because the forecast shows the NOW weather on the left, but I wish I could customize that forecast strip to instead show the forecast for today on the left with the high and lows, as well as the next four days. Then I could get rid of the top temperature complication which shows the high and low and replace it with something else. Having a weather face fulfills a fantasy of mine from when I was a boy and obsessed with watches that let you measure the temperature and other things because I was really into meteorology (and still am to a certain extent).

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
This is what I'm trying out right now:

View attachment 791497

And this is my weather face:

View attachment 791499

I wish I could add a barometric pressure complication with trend arrow, feels like temperature, and a link to RadarScope on this face. It would also be nice if we could customize the text above the hourly forecast as it's redundant. Also I guess the current conditions are on there twice because the forecast shows the NOW weather on the left, but I wish I could customize that forecast strip to instead show the forecast for today on the left with the high and lows, as well as the next four days. Then I could get rid of the top temperature complication which shows the high and low and replace it with something else. Having a weather face fulfills a fantasy of mine from when I was a boy and obsessed with watches that let you measure the temperature and other things because I was really into meteorology (and still am to a certain extent).
Why does that Walkie icon look pixelated and low-quality?
[doublepost=1538527446][/doublepost]
I made this one. PM me if you would like it...

HRn5xpW.png

Note: I am not affiliated with the Miami Dolphins. The Miami Dolphins logo is the copyright of Miami Dolphins, LTD and is subject to and protected by United States and international copyright and other intellectual property laws and rights.

/QUOTE]
You took that wallpaper and this post way too seriously. You're not selling their logo and maybe 300 people will see your post. They don't care, lol.

Last edited:

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Why does that Walkie icon look pixelated and low-quality?
[doublepost=1538527446][/doublepost]
IDK, maybe they messed up the aliasing? It’s trickier to do on bright colors against dark backgrounds, especially when black is black on OLED and the Apple Watch PPI isn’t as good as the iPhone. It’s not as noticeable on the wrist but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them fix it up soon.

Internet Enzyme

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2016
I finally got my nike+ series 4 on tuesday and i spent forever fiddling around with complications and designs for various watch faces. The watch faces I’ve tried are infograph, modular, infograph modular, photo, timelapse, astronomy, motion, vapor, water, siri, and solar.

My conclusion is that most of these current watch faces are really not that great.

Infograph is horrendous by default—it can look pretty good paired down, but I prefer digital time over analog anyways.

Modular and its infograph variant are very bland and not particular customizable. Photo and timelapse both are pretty decent but aren’t particularly interactive—they have very little depth to them.

Astronomy is cool; I just think neither Moon, Earth, or the Solar System display options have the kind of particular facially attractive quality in them that I look for; Motion is much the same.

Vapor and Water are super cool—absolutely gorgeous; I just can’t read their analog readout efficiently enough. A shame; if they provided a digital readout for these faces, I’d be all over them.

Siri has an attractive color scheme and digital readout, (I’ve noticed that the newer digital watch faces have a much nicer, bold styling to them when compared to the ‘legacy’ digital faces) but it’s a bit cluttered and claustrophobic, if that makes sense.

That leads me to Solar, my current favorite face. While Solar is a bit too minimal, it has this very cool interactive and dynamic quality to it—it’s minimalist, stark nature is pretty effectively curtailed with cool animating and shifting style. My main problem with Solar is how difficult it is to hit the touch target for the two complications—even more so than the other watch faces with this complication layout. It’s frustrating.

But yeah, my conclusion over the past day and a half of owning an Apple Watch is that the watch face and complication selection is frustratingly limited and inconsistent design and customization-wise. They really need to go through and rethink the whole gallery in watchOS 6.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.