Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Creedyfbaby

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2019
Sumiton
image.jpg

Enjoy just bought her today.

RedGT

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2014
London innit
Would be nice to have a photo face with analog dial...how have they not offered that after all these years? Or even photo faces with different digital configurations??
Maybe Apple don’t want people walking round with Rolex watchfaces as an option. But I do think there should be more flexibility with photo watch faces where you could have more integration rather than just your photo stuck under what apple choose to stick on top.

Last edited:

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
The Clockology app was cool for a bit, especially having different functional Hermes faces on my NON-Hermes Series 4, but the app was taking a major toll on battery life.

kodaker

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2015
Why is it that the only watch face that has a digital display with hour, minute, and seconds is the activity face? I think that should be complication that can be added to other faces.

Reactions: Loge

taxi_driver

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2017
I would be indebted to anyone who has a copy/dupe for the new contour face that'll work with my S4..

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
Why is it that the only watch face that has a digital display with hour, minute, and seconds is the activity face? I think that should be complication that can be added to other faces.

This has been a mystery since the launch of the very first Apple Watch.

• Haha
Reactions: FriendlyMackle

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Drives me insane. I just want a large digital time in the center of my face. I don't like that one. Agree that it should just be able to be added to the center complication in Infograph Modular.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Nice, mind linking that face?
No problem, I posted the .clock file here.

How can I get this? I LOVE this one
This is using a free app called Clockology, you can download this in the App Store (install on phone, make sure it shows up on the watch also).

**It may prompt you to purchase it, $20 a year or $2 amount of dollars a month...but this is not needed.

Lot of pre-installed watch faces that look...eh.... so-so to meh (imo. LOL)
But there is a way to "sync" up custom faces uploaded my others (Tag, Hermes, Nike. etc)

There is step by step video how to do this. It's pretty darn easy actually.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
It's an interesting workaround to Apple's stance against 3rd party faces. I wonder how long before they pull this app?

I tried to get it to work but couldn't figure out how to re-order the layers. The photo of the face I added was always in front of the hands no matter what I tried. Then again, I can be pretty dumb sometimes.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
This is my go to face. I’m using 5 weather complications from the Carrot app (I have a subscription). In the winter I’d swap out dew point with windchill if they had it.
9157AB78-274E-4204-8822-8F9F7F58818F.png

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
It's an interesting workaround to Apple's stance against 3rd party faces. I wonder how long before they pull this app?

I tried to get it to work but couldn't figure out how to re-order the layers. The photo of the face I added was always in front of the hands no matter what I tried. Then again, I can be pretty dumb sometimes.
It wont get pulled now been around ages... still love my moving Dragons Lair face :)
IMG_2832.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.