Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I just finished knitting my first pair of socks. :)

j1e1kWa.jpg

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Very impressive socks, I couldn't do that if my life depended on it

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
A couple more recent lithos, Paige from WWE and Taylor Momsen

MCSN

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2012
Kayenta
Well, here is something I made all by myself. Last year there was a thread about companies like Facebook selling your browsing habits to advertisers, giving out your private info to the government, etc. and I had posted my project (that would save us all from the likes of Facebook) along with a link to my crowdfunding campaign, but the Mods here deleted it claiming it was "advertisement". It wasn't, it was relevant to the discussion, and I had a solution to share...
nice urban settings photos. the coffee shop restaurant hangout, and the urban outdoor alley, lol. great job on the design and marketing. its maddening when good ideas don't get the lift they deserve. but its the portfolio of inventors isn't it.

mr. mcmac wow. do you do solar wind stuff too

Last edited:

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
Is it Janis Joplin?

I know a guy who was Janice's manager, back in the day.

Here's something I made for a friend who has a Tibetan antique store -- he needed to get a set of doors off the floor. I made it strong. During the door installation we had 3 guys standing on it, plus the doors. I tried to make it look decent, but strength was the key parameter.

Attachments

• 2015-02-18 stand.jpg
    2015-02-18 stand.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 231
  • 2015-02-26 installation.jpg
    2015-02-26 installation.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 203

genshi

macrumors 6502a
Well, here is something I made all by myself. Last year there was a thread about companies like Facebook selling your browsing habits to advertisers, giving out your private info to the government, etc..

nice urban settings photos. the coffee shop restaurant hangout, and the urban outdoor alley, lol. great job on the design and marketing. its maddening when good ideas don't get the lift they deserve. but its the portfolio of inventors isn't it.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I was pretty devastated... I really thought people would get what I was trying to do. Oh well, I may try again down the road when the time is right.

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
^I'd love to have a desk like that. Good workmanship from the photos.

Thanks. With a good table saw, many things are possible that just aren't possible without one. How's that for a profound statement? But it's true.

I need a new desk and am thinking about making one for myself in the same style.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
I know a guy who was Janice's manager, back in the day.

Here's something I made for a friend who has a Tibetan antique store -- he needed to get a set of doors off the floor. I made it strong. During the door installation we had 3 guys standing on it, plus the doors. I tried to make it look decent, but strength was the key parameter.

Very nice - too good to use as a scaffold

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
Very nice - too good to use as a scaffold

I was unclear. I meant that he needed to move the doors from their place on the store's floor, get them up against a wall, and elevate them to show them off better.

If he sells them (they're very expensive antiques) he'll offer the buyer the platform. So I wanted it to look at least decent.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Behold! The Apple Clock!

For those that don't plan to buy the Apple Watch because of the price, I offer the Apple Clock. Astoundingly analog! Precisely plastic! Best of all, it has a user replaceable battery*. *Battery not included.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 148

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Does it last all day on a single charge?:D

Prepare to hold on to your cranium, because what I'm about to tell you could blow your mind. Yes it lasts a day on a single charge, but I didn't stop there. I wouldn't settle for any less than 6 months on a single charge! Yes, all day, all season, possibly all year!

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Prepare to hold on to your cranium, because what I'm about to tell you could blow your mind. Yes it lasts a day on a single charge, but I didn't stop there. I wouldn't settle for any less than 6 months on a single charge! Yes, all day, all season, possibly all year!

And exactly how flat is it? I mean, don't come telling us now it's over 10mm :D

waxlabo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Not sure if this counts. I like to cook and this is a simple slider I made. :)

Attachments

• slider.jpg
    slider.jpg
    965.9 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: Ntombi

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I just finished knitting my first pair of socks. :)

Thats super cool!! And if I may ask, are you getting warm with the idea of wearing socks?

----------

It's not like we NEED christian bakeries... LOL. Just joking(!!!!). This is the Valentines Day cake I made for my hubby. We're not even THAT gay (well yes we are by definition and stuff), the rainbow happened by accident when I was looking for a filler, it's more of a "Blue Sky" rainbow than a "Gay" rainbow! (Had it been a "gay rainbow" I would have tried for a more authentic purple than that poor zombie flesh purple, but trust me, colouring fondant in 50 different shades is not a fun thing to do).
bearcake.jpg

----------

A touch table, (24) individual LED panels with laptop software control to change color, dozens of effects etc. all with the touch of your hand.

https://vimeo.com/65280224

holy cow! don't people visit this subforum or how does this extreme underliking of your amazing contraption occur?!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.