Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Due to a cock up at the cinema my two tickets for Rouge One became a private viewing for me and Mrs AFB!
IMG_3050.JPG

mac666er

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Sure did. I'm a die hard SW fan. My wife wasn't as keen. Loads of references to the original trilogy that not everyone would get.
So between the original trilogy, the prequels, the sequel, where does this one sit quality wise?

I haven't seen it and will watch it in a couple of hours. I expect it to be not as exciting as the original trilogy, but better than all the others.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So between the original trilogy, the prequels, the sequel, where does this one sit quality wise?

I haven't seen it and will watch it in a couple of hours. I expect it to be not as exciting as the original trilogy, but better than all the others.
It has a different feel to the others.
It's got most of the right elements.
The film introduces you to the characters, then takes you through their part in a wider story, leading up to episode 4.
It would be interesting for someone who'd never seen SW to watch in chronological order to see between the two trilogies.
I wonder what they would make of it.

TBH I like all the SW films. Yes even episode 1 (which is my least favourite).
This is a must see for any SW fan. If your not, then it might not be for you.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
My dad gave me Final Fantasy VII as a Día de Reyes present!! First time playing this and I am excited!

IMG_0870.PNG

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Bose Soundlink Color II

Getting it 100% free courtesy of Apple as they accidentally messed up my address on a warranty replacement which caused my headphones to be a day late and they insisted on 'Making it Right'. Gotta love their customer service

71e6rgaja4L._SL1500_.jpg

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Bose Soundlink Color II

Getting it 100% free courtesy of Apple as they accidentally messed up my address on a warranty replacement which caused my headphones to be a day late and they insisted on 'Making it Right'. Gotta love their customer service

71e6rgaja4L._SL1500_.jpg

Kinda surprised they sent you that instead of, say, a Beats Pill or Harmon/Kardon product, being that they own Beats and have resale contracts with H/K

Reactions: Farns514

An_Excelent_Username

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2016
Behind a keyboard
Bose Soundlink Color II

71e6rgaja4L._SL1500_.jpg

I've got the previous gen of this speaker, and also got it free, though mine was from a contest at work. Surprising amount of sound from a small speaker. I use mine often in my garage when I'm working on stuff, and it fills the whole room.

Reactions: Farns514

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Kinda surprised they sent you that instead of, say, a Beats Pill or Harmon/Kardon product, being that they own Beats and have resale contracts with H/K

Yeah i could definitely see that, but the guy told me i can spend $100-$120 but I went to about $130 and he still covered it for me. I believe the pill was like $200 so it was a little out of the range for what he gave me.

I've got the previous gen of this speaker, and also got it free, though mine was from a contest at work. Surprising amount of sound from a small speaker. I use mine often in my garage when I'm working on stuff, and it fills the whole room.

Happy to hear that - I'll be using this with the echo dot in my room and then taking it on the go when i go out of town, which will be a lot in the coming months

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I just came into possession of a Cube! Someone dropped one off for recycling at the computer shop I used to work at, and I came in today and snagged it!

It's a 450MHz model with 832MB RAM and an 80GB HDD dual booting 9.2.2 and 10.4.11. The case is in almost perfect shape, and it came with the speakers and power supply. It pairs perfectly with the 17" ADC LCD that I have, and serves as a new linchpin of my collection :)

IMG_6271.jpg

IMG_6272.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
4 32gb iPhone 7s :) for switching to t-mobile from AT&T + a free line. Current bill of $240 down to $120 :) + 4 free phones. Also I can go on next whenever :) so when the 8 comes will sell these.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
IMG_5949.jpg

It was replacement for the sonicare toothbrush that died under the two year warranty. The first time I had the black version so this time I went with the pink version.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
A Starbucks black tea no water with light ice.

edited to add: It actually tasted like the Southern Ice tea that was available last summer for a change. Since Starbucks started using Teavana instead of Tazo 99.97% of the time their black ice tea taste like colored water.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.