Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoelWalker

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2021
Thinking of getting a midnight one for my midnight S7 to replace my current loosen dark cherry braided solo loop. The green looks a little bit too vibrant in my opinion. I like darker colours. However most reviews I have read online say the leather isn’t in high quality and not very durable. Do you all ever have problems with it, like the side of the band start to peel off?

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Thinking of getting a midnight one for my midnight S7 to replace my current loosen dark cherry braided solo loop. The green looks a little bit too vibrant in my opinion. I like darker colours. However most reviews I have read online say the leather isn’t in high quality and not very durable. Do you all ever have problems with it, like the side of the band start to peel off?

The green leather link is very dark.

Reactions: xDKP

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014

I don’t wear mine every single day, but I’ve had it since around Thanksgiving of last year, and it doesn’t show any wear at all.

TheAccountant

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2021
My Sequoia Green is so dark, that it looks black 90% of the time. You can really only tell it's green when the sun light hits it right. I was hoping it would be more vibrant tbh. I've also had zero issues with quality on mine though. No peeling or anything. The edges are starting to darken up a bit, from daily wear. I would say the leather link quality is far beyond that of the Apple leather phone cases. I also clean mine often, and condition it as needed, and still have no peeling or fading.

Last edited:
Reactions: the future

zachleft

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2018
kind of a bummer they don't sell the black anymore

edit: just found one on fb marketplace :D

Last edited:

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
Has anyone noticed the different in width of the lug section on the 45mm bands vs the 44mm?

I have a series 5 and the saddle brown leather link fits perfectly, the midnight leather link lugs have a slightly different profile and is slightly narrower than the Saddle brown. Not a huge issue but I am guessing this is to fit the new case shape of the 45mm watch. All bought directly from apple.

Marc1234

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2022
Has anyone noticed the different in width of the lug section on the 45mm bands vs the 44mm?

I have a series 5 and the saddle brown leather link fits perfectly, the midnight leather link lugs have a slightly different profile and is slightly narrower than the Saddle brown. Not a huge issue but I am guessing this is to fit the new case shape of the 45mm watch. All bought directly from apple.
I agree, my 45mm bands have more wiggle room in my 45mm watch than the older 44mm and 42mm bands.
I don’t know why they do but something is definitely off with the manufacturing of these new watches and bands.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
The green leather link is very dark.
I think it’s absolutely stunning colour. Dark yes, but very noticeable green all the time. Goes great with the black titanium

Attachments

• 599242FC-69DE-419F-8E2C-2F3FE478D21D.jpeg
    599242FC-69DE-419F-8E2C-2F3FE478D21D.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 575

Ale Valerie

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2021
Looks like the lug on my longer piece of the link is getting caught on something in the channel. Its starting to peel back after one day lol, anyone else? The longer piece is definitely a lot tighter in the channel but i tried cleaning inside of it and its clean..

6cff559c17a1b70cd2ed4c6a1fad1595.jpg
This is happening to one of my links. Did it get worse with wear?

Szcziggy

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2018
Germany
I was really late to the OEM band game, but the leather link 3d party bands were so disappointing.
Went looking for a decent brown leather band but unfortunately Apple decided to discontinue the saddle brown and went for the Golden Brown. Somewhat the same dilemma as mentioned above.
Luckily I found a retailer in Germany that not only had a brand new Saddle Brown but also California Poppy that I love! Especially as summer comes and my skin gets darker. The contrast is beautiful to me.

Attachments

• Bild.jpeg
    Bild.jpeg
    873 KB · Views: 430
  • Bild 2.jpeg
    Bild 2.jpeg
    873.2 KB · Views: 408

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I picked up a sequoia green leather loop and green Series 7 cellular yesterday at Best Buy for over $220 off total. I got a Series 8 on launch but returned it for the S7. I was worried I wouldn’t like the green coming from midnight but it looks great in person.

Attachments

• 26F29E37-3FA3-4B12-A024-438056C1502C.jpeg
    26F29E37-3FA3-4B12-A024-438056C1502C.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 315

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I have had the California Poppy since it first came out, but I recently went looking for the black leather link. Found one on eBay band new for $50. I grab it, and then came up with this. I think it looks pretty freaking cool.
6a57bdabbd3f93424f3ed1415fe1dcbc.jpg

Reactions: seajewel and vded

RossMacca

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
Anyone had any issues with their Leather Link being really tight around the connector? On the "short" side of the strap in particular, it looks like this after a couple of weeks. The leather fraying like that can't be good and I'm worried that it will just get worse and worse.
IMG_2971_crop.jpg

JonLa

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
How do you care for your leather links? I've had the green nearly a year as my daily strap and have't done anything... and that worries me....

vannix

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2010
I always used sport loop with my 40mm SE but would like to try the leather link in midnight.

I’m using a 40mm AW and got a 16,5cm wrist.

I’m seeing some of you, and especially @geekiemac not having the links going much up and overlapping on the wrist side.

Could I try getting the S/M size (14-16cm)? Would it be too loose?

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
I always used sport loop with my 40mm SE but would like to try the leather link in midnight.

I’m using a 40mm AW and got a 16,5cm wrist.

I’m seeing some of you, and especially @geekiemac not having the links going much up and overlapping on the wrist side.

Could I try getting the S/M size (14-16cm)? Would it be too loose?
I think it should be just fine. My wrist is just below 16cm and I use a S/M size. But I have the bigger AW.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I know no one has posted here in forever, but thought I would bump it a bit. I got another leather link added to my collection last week. I now have a black, California poppy, Golden Brown, and now Ink. I haven’t seen many Ink bands, so I thought I would post. It goes great with my deep purple 14pm with the Ink leather case on it.
4c9f06a27a6a4f6b000ca01af54c6e10.jpg

The Ink strap has a lot more purple in it than the picture shows. I love it.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
Just ordered an ink leather link after my trusted midnight leather link has started to show its age.

In fact I was looking for an umber leather link but the ink I came across was a bargain at £26 for a BNIB unit.

I will still add umber to the collection at some point if I find it for a reasonable price.

Using these on the Apple Watch Ultra 2!

Reactions: bmac4 and Pug72

shinseiromeo

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2017
I’ve been finding official OEM apple leather link bands in tj maxx and Marshall’s stores the past month!

Found a 45mm dark cherry M/L and a 45mm sequoia green S/M for $20 each. Would love to trade someone for a S/M dark cherry as the large is too long for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.