Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I watched the last 3 minutes. I saw it to got $52 and hang there until the last few seconds. Congratulations

I was hopeful - $52 would’ve been great, but $65 isn’t bad. I did notice looking closely at the pic that it has a little wear on one edge, so I didn’t bid as much as I probably would’ve if it were truly mint condition - just kinda figured my max and put it in with about 45 seconds left.

The thing is, I had messaged the guy about a buy it now and would’ve paid over $100. He never responded until today when I won. He said he hadn’t seen it until then, and then he realized I was the winner. I was happy to pay less. ;-p

JohnE121

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2021
Columbus Ohio
I was hopeful - $52 would’ve been great, but $65 isn’t bad. I did notice looking closely at the pic that it has a little wear on one edge, so I didn’t bid as much as I probably would’ve if it were truly mint condition - just kinda figured my max and put it in with about 45 seconds left.

The thing is, I had messaged the guy about a buy it now and would’ve paid over $100. He never responded until today when I won. He said he hadn’t seen it until then, and then he realized I was the winner. I was happy to pay less. ;-p
You can probably touch it up with some shoe cream. I think shoe cream has a bit more pigment than polish

Reactions: ssledoux

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Got an orange leather link band. Fits well but in can just pull the watch and it comes off. Is that normal?

Here is how it fits. It is the small size but I think large one would be too long

Edit: here is a video. Very easy to pull off
B01E1D61-A469-435A-8EEC-5E470BFD5276.jpeg

Last edited:

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Got an orange leather link band. Fits well but in can just pull the watch and it comes off. Is that normal?

Here is how it fits. It is the small size but I think large one would be too long

Edit: here is a video. Very easy to pull off
View attachment 1925331

View attachment 1925352

Would it be possible for you to try and compare with this year's bands in the same size ? I have a Golden Brown M/L size and while I did not try to rip it out as a thief would, I found it fairly secure for me to be adequately assured that no-one can rip it off my wrist 'casually' and they would have to be really attacking me to get it out.

Reactions: freshy17

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Sorry it is dark, but it is actually a Golden Brown 44/45mm S/M (said orange because that's what it looks like to me). It is my first leather link band so can't compare it to any other. Was just surprised as I wasn't expecting to be able to pull it off so easily and a thief with practice I'm sure could do it much easier.

Reactions: macintoshmac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Sorry it is dark, but it is actually a Golden Brown 44/45mm S/M (said orange because that's what it looks like to me). It is my first leather link band so can't compare it to any other. Was just surprised as I wasn't expecting to be able to pull it off so easily and a thief with practice I'm sure could do it much easier.

I was concerned about it. But I don’t feel mine rips off this easily. Please try an M/L at the store and see?

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
I actually bought it online as I only have Premium resellers in my area, that do not always have all bands or loops on display for customers to try on. Will pay them a visit to see if the the M/L fits any better. I think it will be too long for my wrist, 11 loops already are overlapping in this one, so it should have a good fit.

Reactions: macintoshmac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I actually bought it online as I only have Premium resellers in my area, that do not always have all bands or loops on display for customers to try on. Will pay them a visit to see if the the M/L fits any better. I think it will be too long for my wrist, 11 loops already are overlapping in this one, so it should have a good fit.

Same here. Only Apple Premium Resellers. Can’t even return stuff and certainly not have trials.

JohnE121

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2021
Columbus Ohio

Have you received it yet? If so does it meet your expectation?

JohnE121

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2021
Columbus Ohio
I have not. It looks like it will arrive today or tomorrow.
I found another one for you. It is a buy it now :) Oops, its a 44mm. I can't figure out how to delete a post

Reactions: ssledoux

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I found another one for you. It is a buy it now :) Oops, its a 44mm. I can't figure out how to delete a post

Got mine today. I’m happy with it. I’m glad I got it a little cheaper, as it’s not brand new looking, but it wasn’t gonna stay new when I wore it anyway.

Attachments

• FE582C53-D3FB-4BA7-9077-128ACC553077.jpeg
    FE582C53-D3FB-4BA7-9077-128ACC553077.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 480

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
View attachment 1925901

Got my 45mm Ti with Golden Brown Leather Link today! The image I edited to be closer to reality, but it’s still too bright for the orange vs real life. It’s not so orange and a bit more muted.
How are you finding it? Do you feel the watch is secure with it. I’m debating returning my band because of this.

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
How are you finding it? Do you feel the watch is secure with it. I’m debating returning my band because of this.
Mine’s very secure feeling. I can’t pull it off my pulling directly up by the Watch with reasonable force…any more and I feel I might cause it to break. ?‍♂️

Maybe your magnets are weak?

Reactions: PaladinGuy

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Mine’s very secure feeling. I can’t pull it off my pulling directly up by the Watch with reasonable force…any more and I feel I might cause it to break. ?‍♂️

Maybe your magnets are weak?
That’s what I’m thinking. Will take pay a visit to a premium reseller in my area and see if they have any to try and see if I feel it any different.

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
That’s what I’m thinking. Will take pay a visit to a premium reseller in my area and see if they have any to try and see if I feel it any different.
If could also be how many links overlap on mine. I’ve got 13 on the top strap that touch the bottom strap.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Called Apple support (I bought it online) and they were skeptic. Sent me to 3 different people and they were like “yeah, your magnets are loose”. Very condescending tone. Guess I’ll just return it, and see if another one fits better later on. Disappointing as I really loved the look.

Reactions: justywusty

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Just keep the band if you like the look. The probablility that you got a band with weaker magnets than all other Leather Link straps is basically zero. The probablility that someone will try to rip the Watch off your wrist because they believe it will be „easy“ (which it really isn‘t) because of the magnets is also just about zero.

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
I'm a big fan of leather link since I bought the first one, a Baltic Blue. I find it so comfortable and at the same time, the fit is snug and S/M is perfect for my wrist.

Unfortunately I missed the window for Saddle Brown, after much hesitation went with California Poppy instead (which I love). I understand nowadays SB is pretty much impossible to find.

My latest one is dark cherry which is absolutely stunning.

Here's a photo with my favorite, CaliPoppy. I think leather links generally fit any watch, but my favorite is SS.

calpoppy_SS.JPG

Last edited:

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I'm a big fan of leather link since I bought the first one, a Baltic Blue. I find it so comfortable and at the same time, the fit is snug and S/M is perfect for my wrist.

Unfortunately I missed the window for Saddle Brown, after much hesitation went with California Poppy instead (which I love). I understand nowadays SB is pretty much impossible to find.

My latest one is dark cherry which is absolutely stunning.

Here's a photo with my favorite, CaliPoppy. I think leather links generally fit any watch, but my favorite is SS.

View attachment 1930933
Really looks nice with the stainless. I got a saddle brown a couple weeks ago on eBay. It’s my favorite of the browns, and I was so excited I won the auction because I normally can’t stand doing auctions. I have starlight aluminum, but I ordered a SS (although I’m planning to return it and just hold out til next year to get ss), and the saddle brown band does look a lot better on the SS. The dark cherry is a great color!

Reactions: geekiemac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.