Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnE121

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2021
Columbus Ohio

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
  • Haha
Reactions: macintoshmac

JohnE121

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2021
Columbus Ohio
Thank you! I hate that it's an auction, but I'm in. This could be bad. ;-p
You can message the seller and ask for a "Buy it Now" price or make an offer. Also, I would not bid on it any more. Most auctions have most of the bidding take place in the last few minutes of the auction. Add a reminder to your calendar to check on it 1/2 an hour before it ends.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
You can message the seller and ask for a "Buy it Now" price or make an offer. Also, I would not bid on it any more. Most auctions have most of the bidding take place in the last few minutes of the auction. Add a reminder to your calendar to check on it 1/2 an hour before it ends.
I did message him, but no response yet, and yeah I don't plan to bid again til Friday morning. I have a reminder set.

schnitzerz4

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2021
ive got 45mm with M/L leather link but i find it long for me. Do you guys think its just okay?

Attachments

• IMG_7616 copy.jpg
    IMG_7616 copy.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: Mity

JohnE121

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2021
Columbus Ohio
This DID cross my mind, but too scared to risk that.
I am actually considering doing this to a $15 Ebay band that is supposed to be saddle brown. I just gave my mother a Blue S7 and I think this band may look good with it. Her wrist size is only 140 mm and as you can see the Ebay band is longer than the M/L Apple band. I may take an Exacto knife and trim the band down and if for some reason the layers are glued together at the cut I plan on using the adhesive in the link to glue them together. This is a $15 band and there is not much to lose if this process fails.

tempImage4Eiacw.png

Reactions: ssledoux

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I am actually considering doing this to a $15 Ebay band that is supposed to be saddle brown. I just gave my mother a Blue S7 and I think this band may look good with it. Her wrist size is only 140 mm and as you can see the Ebay band is longer than the M/L Apple band. I may take an Exacto knife and trim the band down and if for some reason the layers are glued together at the cut I plan on using the adhesive in the link to glue them together. This is a $15 band and there is not much to lose if this process fails.

View attachment 1921908

What do you think overall of the feel of the knockoff band? I'm considering that option for the brown if I don't win the auction.

JohnE121

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2021
Columbus Ohio
What do you think overall of the feel of the knockoff band? I'm considering that option for the brown if I don't win the auction.
I didn't even try it out until you asked. After putting on my thoughts are: "I don't feel stupid paying $100 for the Apple band". The magnetic sections do not stick together very well. There is always a gap between the top and bottom section. When I try to readjust, the gap is somewhere else. I am guessing that they did not do the math properly for the magnet size and spacing. It is cheap. You get what you pay for.

tempImagefQBCyf.png

Last edited:

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I didn't even try it out until you asked. After putting on my thoughts are: "I don't feel stupid paying $100 for the Apple band". The magnetic sections do not stick together very well. There is always a gap between the top and bottom section. When I try to readjust, the gap is somewhere else. I am guessing that they did not do the math properly for the magnet size and spacing. It is cheap. You get what you pay for.

View attachment 1922223

That’s a bummer, although I wouldn’t expect to get quality at $15-20 bucks. I’m just really bummed about the brown. My brown classic leather buckle is definitely my most worn, and loved, band. I just really don’t love the silver lugs on my starlight watch, and I love that the leather link has no lugs. Wish I would’ve paid more attention to it last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.