Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
This is embarrassing (yes this is my mailbox):

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 960
Last edited:

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
People haven't posted in a while, so here's my updated desktop (I changed a lot of the OS X icons to look more modern :D). Does anyone know how to change the system prefs icon? The 'paste' button is grayed out when I try to change icons.
Picture%201.png

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
This is embarrassing (yes this is my mailbox):
ROTFL!!!

That's it?!

Periodically, I clean my InBox out. I have multiple accounts and I'm often hacking my way through old crap. I delete hundreds of old messages at a go.

My current InBox for NEW stuff is around 100 or so.

Here's the latest on my Quicksilver. Three displays. Not much to see. I miss my other PowerBook!

Attachments

• Finder.png
    Finder.png
    313 KB · Views: 275
  • Finder 2.png
    Finder 2.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 273
  • Finder 3.png
    Finder 3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
People haven't posted in a while, so here's my updated desktop (I changed a lot of the OS X icons to look more modern :D). Does anyone know how to change the system prefs icon? The 'paste' button is grayed out when I try to change icons.

Dragging the new icon over the top in Get Info view should work

Cheers :)

Hugh

harrymatic

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2013
United Kingdom
My latest desktop. Still stuck with a horrible LCD TV as my monitor with a miserably low resolution (got my eye on a very nice iiyama 1080p LED monitor though :)).

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    896.8 KB · Views: 243

juvsostol

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2014
Here is my desktop

how did you get that spacer on your dock? i have the same dock but the spacer is the one with many horizontal lines similar to others. X_x

here is my desktop :) as you can see my spacer/separator is different X_x

Attachments

• G5 screenshot.jpg
    G5 screenshot.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
Using the iOX theme with some of my iLife iOS 7 icons. I couldn't find one for iPhoto, but I did find a close sub.
I kinda skipped the MS Office icons too, but if anybody has the iOS 7 icons for Office 365, I'd love them!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 233

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Quicksilver, screen 1 (main). Not very inspired, but goes with my overall theme across all my Macs. :D

Attachments

• Finder.png
    Finder.png
    334 KB · Views: 216

SimonUK5

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2010
Thank you :p, it's version 2 because the original resides on my MacBook now, due to the fact it was taking up over half my eMac's hard drive. :D

:p

How are you finding the BlackBook, i'm waiting for one to be delivered to me, bought it for a bit of fun, but i guess your using it as your main workhorse?

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
:p

How are you finding the BlackBook, i'm waiting for one to be delivered to me, bought it for a bit of fun, but i guess your using it as your main workhorse?
Well, it's been rock-solid machine; takes care of everything I throw at it with ease. My eMac sees the brunt of my day-to-day activities, and really there isn't anything I need from a computer that it can't do; but, I have called upon my MacBook from time to time to get resource-intensive tasks completed in a more timely manner. :p

scarmullet

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2014
here is mine, a powerbook g4 that I trashpicked this weekend and finally getting around to setting up with a fresh install of Tiger (until I get a copy of Leopard), and a new old stock hard drive

Picture1_zps79875294.png

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Minor changes after a week of being back up with the new logicboard.

Turns out one of the weather icons that one of my Geeklets calls is either down or no longer accessible. So, I changed it to something else, got rid of duplicate weather info and moved a few things around (slightly).

Attachments

• Finder.png
    Finder.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 217

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
How are you doing those overlays? GeekTool? What scripts?
Yes, mainly Geektool but also some other things.

The weather is an Applescript (one geeklet) that displays the text information and based on that chooses a weather icon. A second geeklet calls the weather icon.

I use Yahoo Widgets. Werewolf monitor for the moon phase and widescape weather for the forecast. Both of those I have set to ignore mouseclicks and the windows are on the desktop level.

The other geeklets call the wireless info, time, calendar and the pictures as well as those darkbars. I made one small dark bar and a geeklet to call the console log. It displays only one line at a time and it's always the current line so I always know what my Mac is doing. My desktop background is that Honeymooners picture, but to get the top of Audrey Meadows head about the dark bar I clipped her out and used a geeklet to place the graphic right on top of the desktop image of her.

The clocks are three instances of Simple Floating Clock. You can modify that app to display it graphically the way you want to.

Lastly, the song info is a theme for Bowtie called Neon. I jiggered Bowtie with DockDodger so that it does not display in the dock when running. I also use DSW (Do Something When) which is a System Preference Pane, to open Bowtie when I open iTunes and to close Bowtie when I close iTunes. This way I'm never having to open or close it manually whenever I run iTunes.

Attachments

• GeekTool.png
    GeekTool.png
    1 MB · Views: 196
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.