Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaws123DRevenge

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2020
My desktop currently - basically a mashup and mockup of a work in progress of making Big Sur something let's say .... else?

Working theme btw. For Retina Macs because I don't have anything else. Btw. If you're ready for a little testing then don't hesitate to write me a letter. Or a comment.
I have some things with the dark mode in particular on Big Sur that doesn't work quite as I expected it - meaning Graphite takes, but not Blue(Aqua) If Accessibility is turned on then dark mode for Blue appearance works. So there's that. A headscratcher.

View attachment 1707758
do you have something like this for Catalina? I'm using you're Aqualick for Catalina but it doesn't add the brushed metal thats here

Jaws123DRevenge

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2020
I'm certain that I can add the background. It's only a gradient. I haven't added any brushed metal overlay, but you tapped into something there.
Ya, I saw your leopard esque theme for high sierra that looked cool. I tried using a theme on hithub by MoonPadUSer. It works, but it doesn't support dark mode, and the facetime and notification center tabs are now blank without text. The guy who made it deleted his account so it prob won't be updated again either.

Last edited:

MacNerd1239

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
Massachusetts, USA
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 3.51.54 PM.png

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
Ditto. I wish Apple would program themes into the OS to give us some variety.

100% agree! You would think built-in theme support would be a no-brainer.

At least give us previous OS X themes, but I would hope for much more, like user submitted themes (much like the DEs on linux).

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
Reactions: buttongerald
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.