Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
BTW, I will probably sell my DT880s when I get - or maybe before - my HD-6XXs, they're mint, all packaging, Premium model (softer pads, less clamping), limited edition with chrome earcup surrounds.

So yeah, I think I will, figured I'd give this a little nudge here before actually posting it for sale (might not even do that here, better off on some HiFi/Audiophile type sites).

Anyway, I'm looking to sell a mint set of Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm Premium Limited Ed., probably < 100 hours use, mostly definitely under 200, all packaging, accessories, received from an authorized vendor at the very end of March '18. The Premiums have slightly different ear pads and headband padding, straight cable, and less clamping force .vs the Pro model.

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Grado just introduced their first wireless Bluetooth headphones... SlashGear(GW100)

hero-desktop-gw100-newest1.jpg

Note: i do not own these, just thought others here might like to know about them.

Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Yes, and the Bluetooth reception is exactly my complaint. I was hoping to use them with the ATV. These sit in the bag as I use AirPods.
Yep. I even tried contacting authorized retailers in the US for a repair, but none responded to me.

I ended up getting rid of them and bought a pair of B&O H7's and they're wonderful. I use them all the time and have zero reception problems - even at a long distance, like across the far side of my gym from the iPhone.

Plus, the H8's were 'on-the-ear' cans and they didn't wear well over a long time listening. The H7's are more 'over-the-ear' and feel better after a while too.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Yep. I even tried contacting authorized retailers in the US for a repair, but none responded to me.

I ended up getting rid of them and bought a pair of B&O H7's and they're wonderful. I use them all the time and have zero reception problems - even at a long distance, like across the far side of my gym from the iPhone.

Plus, the H8's were 'on-the-ear' cans and they didn't wear well over a long time listening. The H7's are more 'over-the-ear' and feel better after a while too.

My ears used to get hot wearing the H8’s. How did you get rid of them? Mine just sit.

Thank you for the suggestion on the 7’s.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
That coaster looks like the perfect size for a scotch glass. :)
As a mater of fact, my scotch glass fits quite nicely on that coaster. ;)
IMG_8477.jpg
That is extraordinarily clean and neat.

Which of the headphones do you like best?
My favorite of the bunch are the Sennheiser's. They sound very good all around and even better, the fit and wearability is superb. I can wear them for many hours without my ears getting too hot, or having any pressure on the top of my head from the band either. After that is the beyerdynamic's. They fit nicely too and can be worn for a long time as well. They both sound great, too.

I use the B&O H7's a lot when I'm moving about the home and especially when cleaning up. I can't wear them for too long, though, as my ears sweat and get hot and the band isn't overly comfortable after a short while. But the sound is very good and I'm most pleased with that aspect.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
View attachment 779460

My favorite of the bunch are the Sennheiser's. They sound very good all around and even better, the fit and wearability is superb. I can wear them for many hours without my ears getting too hot, or having any pressure on the top of my head from the band either. After that is the beyerdynamic's. They fit nicely too and can be worn for a long time as well. They both sound great, too.

I use the B&O H7's a lot when I'm moving about the home and especially when cleaning up. I can't wear them for too long, though, as my ears sweat and get hot and the band isn't overly comfortable after a short while. But the sound is very good and I'm most pleased with that aspect.
I have a pair of old Sennheiser HD600's and agree, they are extremely comfortable to use. Don't use them much any more after getting a pair of B&W P9's.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Yes, I can see that it does.

Do enjoy.

Fascinating and thank you.

I know the feeling.

My only complaint about the P7s was that the band wasn't as comfortable as I had hoped (or expected) from the P5s; there was what you have correctly described as "pressure" on the top of my head when I wore them for any considerable length of time.

I have a pair of old Sennheiser HD600's and agree, they are extremely comfortable to use. Don't use them much any more after getting a pair of B&W P9's.

And I assume that you still love the P9s?

Last edited:
Reactions: SandboxGeneral

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
I know the feeling.

My only complaint about the P7s was that the band wasn't as comfortable as I had hoped (or expected) from the P5s; there was what you have correctly described as "pressure" on the top of my head when I wore them for any considerable length of time.

The headband on the P7 is stiffer, and the leather is more rigid. Hence why i always wear it looser. I appreciate it though, because the leather hasn't withered and there's less flexing which is something that plagued my QC2s and ultimately lead to its demise. The P7's headband is really well built. I need to buy spare ear cups though before production ultimately stops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.