Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Two new birch-colored "Jonas" desks for me and the little lady.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 337

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
The only ikea thing I own is a floor lamp ( you can see the top of it in the photo). I really like it though. It has a lot of adjustment choices, which is great for my desk. (sorry I don't have a better pic of the entire lamp):

large.jpg

We don't have an ikea store around here, but I still plan on eventually getting an Expedit bookcase from their online store, too.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
^ Nice setup, lots of stuff on your desk but it looks organized.

How did you get your monitor to hang off the desk like that?
Thanks, I mainly wanted the larger desk for the electronics, but that stuff has been accumulating, so I may move it around. I just have to decide what I don't need on the desk and go from there. I also have a rack right next to the desk, so it may have to hold some of the spillover.:D

I have an Ergotron MX Desk Mount that allows the screen to be moved around. I actually hang it off the desk most of the time and put my feet up on an ottomon with the keyboard in my lap. That side of the room has a bookshelf with a couple of Insignia speakers hooked to a vintage Marantz Receiver and T-amp, so when I want to listen to music via the speakers, it is the best way to do it.

Last edited:

Purestang

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
Picked this up last night, will post an actual pic once I finish setting it up.

i have this with a set of drawers underneath it and 5' high cabinets on each side. im happy with this piece, houses my 42" vizio very well.

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
Say about 80% of the furniture is IKEA :p
I'm guessing it's a rite of passage for most early 20s couples to have a lot of their place furnished by said store. We're so frugal we even go there to just eat sometimes :D

MALM drawer (in the closet)
MALM bed set
GALANT desk with extension got it for $60
ALÄNG table lamp
REGOLIT floor lamp
GLOBAL work lamp
EXPEDIT bookcase

kim2272

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
Sunshine State
Say about 80% of the furniture is IKEA :p
I'm guessing it's a rite of passage for most early 20s couples to have a lot of their place furnished by said store. We're so frugal we even go there to just eat sometimes :D

I absolutely love the scheme of your room. I normally would never pick the color green for a room color, but it looks great!

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
I absolutely love the scheme of your room. I normally would never pick the color green for a room color, but it looks great!

Thanks we were a little apprehensive too. We will probably change the color when fall begins. It's a pain, but it's like getting a new room once your done :)

Last edited:

carlyinoz

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2010
90% of my apartment is furnished from Ikea. Bought the couch, tv unit, coffee table, ladder-shelf thing and the dining table & two of the chairs second hand in excellent condition for just $350 Australian!

Later added two more chairs, expedit cube, square coffee table. Billy bookshelf & malm drawers in my room. Love it =)

ikea1.jpg
ikea2.jpg
ikea5.jpg

ikea3.jpg
ikea4.jpg

Jony Mac

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not sure I like this. I got black/brown and mounted my 42" plasma in it. It looks like a console tv. I thought about putting mood lights in the back, but im worried about heat issues now. Picture is crappy as I took it from my iPhone...

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Latest IKEA item-- only a few bucks, couldn't resist

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1298996363.327392.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1298996363.327392.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 268

Lagmonster

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
Here is my Ikea "mini-kitchen" purchased with 10+ years of Amex points. I think it came out pretty well. Decent quality stuff for the price and easy DIY job. If you are going to do in cabinet lighting, make sure you use LED or other low-heat lights. What they sold at IKEA seemed to give off way too much heat IMO.

IMG00101-20090704-1430.jpg

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

deathbyart

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I went a little different route with a sofa table. I eventually mounted the TV above it -

Last edited:

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
I added an Expedit bookshelf. I mainly wanted to create a separate headphone environment in my living room and get some storage for some of my records.

The red cubes on the top shelf are also IKEA. They are more see through than I thought they would be, so I am going to line the front with paper or material to hide the stuff that I have in them.

large.jpg

MacBlackBook22

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Billy & Benno Ikea Bookcase and media storage

I wanted to store my media next to the TV so I opted for 4 benno's that are perfect for storing Blu-ray's then got the 24" wide billy bookcases (with matching door for the shorter bookcase) for books and DVD storage in binders. Even my first gen Apple TV is tucked in the bookcase behind the speaker. Got the dk. brown colour it matches well with the cherry BDI media cabinet.

Attachments

• Billy and Benno Bookcases.jpg
    Billy and Benno Bookcases.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 486
  • Living room billy and benno cases.jpg
    Living room billy and benno cases.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.