Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Love your choice of music.:) I remember owning some of those LP's.

Thanks!

How much screen real estate do you have in that rig? I'm drooling...
Btw, love the Dave Brubeck and K702. They just sound and look amazing!
I love the Brubeck album. It is easily one of my favorite jazz albums. I have several headphones and the K701s are my favorites. I have a Heed Canamp (not in these photos) that I use with them. Very nice combo.

How much screen real estate do you have in that rig? I'm drooling...

A 42 inch LCD, a 27 inch iMac, a 25.5 inch Asus, and a 15 inch MBP are in the pic. Also, I have an iPad that I use to control some of the content that plays on the LCD.

I am a big fan of the iKea Expedit shelving. I had a rack in the office that costs more than the iKea, but I moved it out of there and will probably sell it.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Unfortunately every piece of furniture in my room is ikea I believe..
:D The closest iKea to us is hundreds of miles away, so you don't see iKea furniture in anyone's home in this area.

Their shipping is EXTREMELY expensive, so I usually get my stuff from an eBay or Amazon merchant (who also jack up the price, but are cheaper than iKea).

I wondered if there was some sort of stigma attached to it in areas that have easy access to their stores? I would think you would see their stuff all over the place since it is mainly inexpensive and nicer than some of the stuff you see at Target.

MoritzPH

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2011
Well, there are like 50 Ikeas in Germany so theres one in my city even though its pretty small. :D

miamijim

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2010
I am in Northern Finland , so If I go to IKEA It means I also get a trip to Sweden thrown in to the bargain, as that is where our nearest store is.

Usually takes an hour n half to get there, but it has tons of other great shops to got o on the same retail park.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I'm not sure if I posted this before

2 Ikea cabinets for audio equipment, and 2 Ikea wall carpets for sound deadening

aa45fc3b.jpg

Wiggum

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
On an interesting Ikea note, I put together a Besta cabinet for my office, and it was made in the USA.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
All I have right now is just a Ikea coffee mug and the Malm series frame (high). The Malm frame is new (got it a month ago) and it seems ok. Conserves a lot more space which is nice.

I've considered upgrading my desk to an Ikea Expedit desk, but I'm not too sure.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Looks great, and I'm not even a big fan of white kitchens.

That's the best looking white oven I've seen, too.

I'm not a fan of white kitchens either, but I give a thumbs up also. (If I'd change anything, I'd get a steel fridge)

Done very well. :)

leitmotif

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2011
We're cheap, and have an Ikea 10 minutes away (on the way home from work...) so almost everything we have is from there.

The TV stand is Hemnes I think. The couch, ottoman and chair is from Ikea.
25f202ed.jpg

This is my wife's craft room, the shelving in the back is from Ikea.
scraproom2.jpg

This bookcase is from Ikea
c83330bd.jpg

We also have Malm dresser and nightstands in our master bedroom, small table and chairs in our kitchen, and we just got rid of 3 lack tables.

My former office:
020107_16311.jpg

Last edited:

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Unfortunately ikea is pretty far from where i live. its like 120 dollars to ship a 80 dollar item. so its not even worth it.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
Anybody here use a Galant desk with dimensions of 120 cm X 60 cm? Is it enough room for a 23" Dell UltraSharp monitor and maybe a pair of 6" bookshelves/monitors or regular computer speakers? I've considered the desk that is 160 cm X 80 cm, but I'm limited in the amount of space I have (plus I wish to avoid clutter). Any info and maybe even pictures would be great!

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Our storage / glass cabinet is Besta
(slightly confusing pic, lots of reflections going on)

redthing.jpg

As is our pot rack - so many people have asked about it, I love it , saves a lot of kitchen cabinet space.

potl.jpg

When we sold our old house they made it a condition of the sale that the pot rack stays... (we never told them that it's just from IKEA for a few bucks - plus a few hundred bucks for the custom cut and drilled stainless steel sheet that we added, probably will get another one for the new one)

p1000308g.jpg

And last - but definitely not least - a few weeks ago I finally found some stainless steel espresso cups, two for $8.99. I very close to buying some for far more money (Zack or Blomus as far as I remember). They look great and are double walled, they're just those typical IKEA items that make me happy lol)

espresso.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.