Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Mavic 2 Zoom

6262621_sd.jpg

I would like to print that and stick the photo on my deck in the corner where I think mice try to come into the kitchen as the weather gets colder. I suppose steel wool in the gap there is more of an actual deterrent but this would make a nice PSA for any of the literate mice, since on the other side of the steel wool in the kitchen is a row of Jawz traps lol.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I would like to print that and stick the photo on my deck in the corner where I think mice try to come into the kitchen as the weather gets colder. I suppose steel wool in the gap there is more of an actual deterrent but this would make a nice PSA for any of the literate mice, since on the other side of the steel wool in the kitchen is a row of Jawz traps lol.

? “bring it!”

• Haha
Reactions: LizKat

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Yep that is the brand. I got mine from amazon and the one I bought is the size up from that the 17 inch wide version. This is the one I got.

Thank you! I ended up going with the smaller one. My plan is to just use it was a drawer (my home desks doesn’t have them) to store just a few things. I like the locking option but not to use commonly. You sold me with being pleased with its solid quality. Did I go over the top planning to use it as only a drawer?

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Thank you! I ended up going with the smaller one. My plan is to just use it was a drawer (my home desks doesn’t have them) to store just a few things. I like the locking option but not to use commonly. You sold me with being pleased with its solid quality. Did I go over the top planning to use it as only a drawer?

I think the drawer unit is at a great price point. Ive seen plastic drawers for the same amount of money so I think its a good option. mine said it would take over a week to get it but I got it in 3 days. Also because it is a security drawer the screws are hidden when the drawer is closed. This made it difficult to mount it because the drawer had to be open. The rails were riveted on so I had to fight to get it installed right. when I first installed it the drawer was really torqued on one side so the drawer was acting like it wouldnt close all the way on one side. after i figured out how warped I installed it I was able to fix it so it was perfect. I could have saved myself so much hassle if I had just measured the distance between the screw mounts and pre drilled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gutwrench

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I thought this was an interesting device for recording with an iPhone or iPP 12.9

focusrite-24v.jpg

Not many "mobile" options include the ability to have the 48v (Phantom Power) for microphones with iOS devices

Ordered one to see if it makes a difference with an iPhone / iPad Pro 12.9

focusrite.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: iPhonagain

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Enjoy and do let us know how you find them when you take delivery of them.
Will do. If the 'drop' is successful (meaning they get enough orders by a certain date) they will ship out on November 20th.

This will be my first set and experience with planar magnetic headphones. While these aren't top-of-the-line for this style, they did get some really good reviews for its price point.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

LotusLord

macrumors 6502a
A new windscreen on my car. A piece of brick the size of my fist bounced off it yesterday on the way home from work and pretty much made a quarter of the screen opaque.
Had to do the same on Monday. Big impact on the passenger side of the windshield while driving about 80 MPH on Sunday heading home from visiting family. With the cold/wet weather expected this week I didn't want to wait to fix it.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
Mavic 2 Zoom

6262621_sd.jpg

Are you a hobbyist or use this for work? Whatever the reason do you find yourself flying this regularly? I am just curious because I want one but need to make sure I will actually use this regularly (which I know I can only answer but I like to hear from others).

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Are you a hobbyist or use this for work? Whatever the reason do you find yourself flying this regularly? I am just curious because I want one but need to make sure I will actually use this regularly (which I know I can only answer but I like to hear from others).

I am more of a hobbyist with it and a huge techie so this is more of a fun toy to have. I have used it on many occasions though for up at a family property, my engagement weekend and the wedding week to make some fun and memorable videos. Typically i fly it about once a month when i can since I am sort of surrounded by a good amount of no fly zones.

I am contemplating getting my commercial license so i can start a side hustle to make some money with it. They are super easy to fly as they practically fly themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.