Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miat

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
View attachment 809111 I wall-mounted mine with the cables pointing down.
Better pointing down than up. More-or-less eliminates lateral strain on the I/O ports, and avoids dust settling in them too.

Can be a bit of a pain when plugging stuff in if the machine is mounted low. But nothing serious.

Screen is a 43 inch LG 4k monitor (no UI scaling required).
Can you post a good pic of your full screen, with some Finder text in it set at max finder font size (16).

Thanks.

I have those same speakers (Logitech Z623), and I am very happy with them. Great sound, and excellent value for money.

iHammah

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2017
Hawaii
3C434FFD-5D0C-494B-83B2-238C6739F2CD.jpeg
Small desk, but fully loaded..

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Using my 2012 iMac as a target display until the Viewsonic shows up. (Don’t forget the TBolt 3 to 2 adapter if your going to trust display).
Old and new wireless keyboards and trackpads.
Logitech 510 mouse. Cheap and perfect.
Mini sitting on a USB powered laptop air cooler just because.

Attachments

• 5E6212F2-4C08-4BFA-B19B-9728BD5586FA.jpeg
    5E6212F2-4C08-4BFA-B19B-9728BD5586FA.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 393

Cashmonee

macrumors 65832
May 27, 2006
It's actually a 27" 2560x1440 Dell. The Dell S2719DM to be exact. I have been pretty happy with it considering it isn't an Ultrasharp.

crazeazn

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2009
Love everyone's setups!
Dell 2412 x 2
ThinkPad X220 + batteries + dock
Mac Mini 2012
Google Home Mini
Logitech K780 + Mx Master 2
Schiit Asgard 2 + BeyerDynamic DT880 Pros.
Anker Wireless Charging pad

Attachments

• IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 431
Reactions: Cashmonee

Duncan68

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2018
Love everyone's setups!
Dell 2412 x 2
ThinkPad X220 + batteries + dock
Mac Mini 2012
Google Home Mini
Logitech K780 + Mx Master 2
Schiit Asgard 2 + BeyerDynamic DT880 Pros.
Anker Wireless Charging pad

Edit: I should learn to read better.

SpacemanSpiffed

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2013
Pacific NW
I know I posted back on page 2, but I ran across this older picture that shows off the room we use as a home office (we both work from home), and the approach I took to keeping everything at table top or below (except for the monitors) so as to maximize the windows and view outside. Since it was taken, the left monitor was replaced by a 43" monitor and the stand removed. In this pic, there's a second mini that's hidden behind the chair.

There's a networked Color Laser printer/scanner/copier to the right of my desk (wife's desk is peeking into view next to it) and server in the corner. There's almost a foot of space between the back side of everything and the walls so I can get behind the desks and run all the wires, etc out of sight and keep visual clutter in check.

lrXI72D.jpg

tpivette89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2018
Middletown, DE
I know I posted back on page 2, but I ran across this older picture that shows off the room we use as a home office (we both work from home), and the approach I took to keeping everything at table top or below (except for the monitors) so as to maximize the windows and view outside. Since it was taken, the left monitor was replaced by a 43" monitor and the stand removed. In this pic, there's a second mini that's hidden behind the chair.

There's a networked Color Laser printer/scanner/copier to the right of my desk (wife's desk is peeking into view next to it) and server in the corner. There's almost a foot of space between the back side of everything and the walls so I can get behind the desks and run all the wires, etc out of sight and keep visual clutter in check.

lrXI72D.jpg
Very cool, and an impressive room/setup as well!

SpacemanSpiffed

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2013
Pacific NW
Very cool, and an impressive room/setup as well!

Thanks! I omitted mentioning that there is a hot tub just out of view on the deck in the center of the pic - that would have been flagged for 15 yards for either piling on or taunting :p Seriously though, we're really fortunate to be able to work from home in a setup like that vs. being stuck in an office building downtown.

Reactions: 762999

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Here is my setup, Also two of the pictures are when I have the LED lights activated. One is the light on the desk dn there is also a LED strip under the desk. The Mac mini is between the 2 monitors.

2018 i3 Mac mini
LG Ultrafine 4K
Lenovo 2K monitor
Apple Magic Keyboard 2
Apple Magic Trackpad 2
iPad Pro 10.5 on the side part of the desk where the drawers are.
Amazon Echo Show (2018)
And there is a HomePod also behind the Lenovo monitor on a stand.
The wires were cleaned up when I took the LED light pictures, the original picture has the wires hanging still. I ran them along the desk using supplies bought at The Container Store.

IMG_5918.jpg 9bwP%beFQTWEO028tXLbtw.jpg c6hMqEb7RCSAMY9OwtJftg.jpg

Sarpanch

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
SoCal

lrXI72D.jpg

Very impressive! There would be an instant 50% boost in productivity for me in an office like that :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.